Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Custom exit message according to flag Post 303045140 by da1 on Thursday 12th of March 2020 01:53:35 PM
Old 03-12-2020
no it's not homework.

I've made some changes to it (whole code as requested):

Code:
# if we specify a proxy on $2, add the -x flag to curl
if [ "$proxy" ]; then
  # the whitespace is important
  curl_args+=" -x $2"
  exit_msg+=" via $proxy"
fi

usage() {
  printf "$(basename $0) URL [proxy]\n"
  exit 0
}

exit_ok() {
  printf "OK - $1"
  exit 0
}

exit_fail() {
  printf "FAILED - $1"
  exit 1
}

curl_cmd="curl ${curl_args} $url"
case $# in
  1) $curl_cmd &>/dev/null && exit_ok "$exit_msg" || exit_fail "$exit_msg"
     ;;
  2) $curl_cmd &>/dev/null && exit_ok "$exit_msg" || exit_fail "$exit_msg"
     ;;
  *) usage
     ;;
esac

I'm currently trying to get rid of exit_ok() and exit_fail()

Last edited by da1; 03-12-2020 at 04:15 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I find a list of exit codes? (Exit code 64)

I'm receiving an exit code 64 in our batch scheduler (BMC product control-m) executing a PERL script on UX-HP. Can you tell me where I can find a list of exit codes and their meaning. I'm assuming the exit code is from the Unix operating system not PERL. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cant get the right exit message

#!/bin/ksh application task run command //returns 0 if successful if ; then echo "Ran Fine" else echo "Didnt run" fi When I run the script, here is the output Status code = 0 ksh: [0: not found. Job didnt run any suggestions? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryan
4 Replies

3. Programming

How to limit max no of message in a posix message queue

Hii can anyone pls tell how to limit the max no of message in a posix message queue. I have made changes in proc/sys/fs/mqueue/msg_max But still whenever i try to read the value of max. message in the queue using attr.mq_curmsgs (where struct mq_attr attr) its giving the default value as 10.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit3884
0 Replies

4. AIX

du flag -x

Hi, I would like to know if there's any option to use with the du command so that I can list only the files/directories on the current filesystem... I usually use du -gs *But I'd like to see only the directories in the filesystem I am on, and not the mount point directory of other fss... ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Casey
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing all lines before a specific string and a custom message 2 lines after

Hello all, I need to print all the lines before a specific string and print a custom message 2 lines after that. So far I have managed to print everything up the string, inclusively, but I can't figure out how to print the 2 lines after that and the custom message. My code thus far is:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SEinT
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

'h' flag in du

Hey, all! Why is the "human readable" flag changing the behavior of du? And while I'm at it, can you make du only look at files, not directories. I often find myself wanting to find the largest file(s) in a dir or vol. Using 'find' itself, it seems you have to at least be able to guess the size of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudon't
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need the difference between exit 1 & exit 7

Hi In one of the script I am seeing some thing like exit 7,exit 1,exit 2,exit 3,exit 9,exit6.What is the difference between all of this exit.Can anyone help here please (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginrkf
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get the id with specify flag

.... means multi line ddd,bug fgdrg dfdfsdfdfsd fsdfdfdfd fdfdsfdsfsd ....... flag2 ...... aaa,bug sfsfsfsfs dfdfsdfdfsd fsdfdfdfd fdfdsfdsfsd ...... flag1 ...... ddd,bug fgdrg dfdfsdfdfsd (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to supress error message with custom text

After a bash function is run the below file is produced: out_name.txt tab-delimeted Input Errors and warnings AccNo Genesymbol Variant Reference Sequence Start Descr. Coding DNA Descr. Protein Descr. GeneSymbol Coding DNA Descr. GeneSymbol Protein Descr. Genomic... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. IP Networking

Insmod custom module fails with message : disagrees about version of symbol ...

Hello : I want to make a netfilter conntrack module for myself. So I copy all the source code about netfilter conntrack from kernel source tree to my external directory. It can be insmod after compiled. Then I add some members to the struct nf_conn, and it 's compiled successfully. However, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 915086731
1 Replies
CURLOPT_PROXY(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options						  CURLOPT_PROXY(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_PROXY - set proxy to use SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_PROXY, char *proxy); DESCRIPTION
Set the proxy to use for the upcoming request. The parameter should be a char * to a zero terminated string holding the host name or dotted numerical IP address. A numerical IPv6 address must be written within [brackets]. To specify port number in this string, append :[port] to the end of the host name. The proxy's port number may optionally be specified with the separate option CURLOPT_PROXYPORT(3). If not specified, libcurl will default to using port 1080 for proxies. The proxy string may be prefixed with [scheme]:// to specify which kind of proxy is used. http:// HTTP Proxy. Default when no scheme or proxy type is specified. https:// HTTPS Proxy. (Added in 7.52.0 for OpenSSL, GnuTLS and NSS) socks4:// SOCKS4 Proxy. socks4a:// SOCKS4a Proxy. Proxy resolves URL hostname. socks5:// SOCKS5 Proxy. socks5h:// SOCKS5 Proxy. Proxy resolves URL hostname. Without a scheme prefix, CURLOPT_PROXYTYPE(3) can be used to specify which kind of proxy the string identifies. When you tell the library to use a HTTP proxy, libcurl will transparently convert operations to HTTP even if you specify an FTP URL etc. This may have an impact on what other features of the library you can use, such as CURLOPT_QUOTE(3) and similar FTP specifics that don't work unless you tunnel through the HTTP proxy. Such tunneling is activated with CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL(3). libcurl respects the environment variables http_proxy, ftp_proxy, all_proxy etc, if any of those are set. The CURLOPT_PROXY(3) option does however override any possibly set environment variables. Setting the proxy string to "" (an empty string) will explicitly disable the use of a proxy, even if there is an environment variable set for it. A proxy host string can also include protocol scheme (http://) and embedded user + password. The application does not have to keep the string around after setting this option. DEFAULT
Default is NULL, meaning no proxy is used. When you set a host name to use, do not assume that there's any particular single port number used widely for proxies. Specify it! PROTOCOLS
All except file://. Note that some protocols don't do very well over proxy. EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
Since 7.14.1 the proxy environment variable names can include the protocol scheme. Since 7.21.7 the proxy string supports the socks protocols as "schemes". Since 7.50.2, unsupported schemes in proxy strings cause libcurl to return error. RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if proxies are supported, CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not, or CURLE_OUT_OF_MEMORY if there was insufficient heap space. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_PROXYPORT(3), CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL(3), CURLOPT_PROXYTYPE(3) libcurl 7.54.0 February 06, 2017 CURLOPT_PROXY(3)