Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep Command Help
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Grep Command Help Post 303045123 by DanilOnTheSky on Thursday 12th of March 2020 09:22:21 AM
Old 03-12-2020
wow, I really liked the menu, trying to undestand the lines and how you done that!

Ty!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep command

I want to list all files created in a day but it doesn't work $ day=\'`date "+%b %d"`\' $ echo $day >>> 'Mar 12' $ ll |grep $day >>> can't open 12' ????? please help me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Medhi
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to exclude the GREP command from GREP

I am doing "ps -f" to see my process. but I get lines that one of it represents the ps command itself. I want to grep it out using -v flag, but than I get another process that belongs to the GREP itself : I would like to exclude # ps -f UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yamsin789
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to use grep command

I want to search pattern in between two words in a file so how to write query by using grep command?? Also want to get two words.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksr.test
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to use grep command

In my file contains special characters,alphanumerics all thease characters how to search the pattern between two strings that contains special characters Ex: find pattern between allocation_map_128*2 to creative.clicks_allocate != KNULL so there are special characters in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksr.test
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GREP Command

Hi, I am new to UNIX environment, to find a contents from a given files i have used the command "grep -l "<search word>" *.txt, it is given the file names which contains that particular word, but it is anyway to get entire details of the file .., i need the output like ls -ltr, filename... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: subrahmaniank
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with grep command

Hi guys, i wondering with any1 could help me with this. I have this script will i need to "grep" an integer form a file x2. If the value is 0 then it's ok. But anything greater then 0, i'll ask the script to echo an error message. This is how the script looks like: MESSAGEFILE=x2 STRING="0" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanyou.lin
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

can anyone help with shell script command about searching word with grep command?

i want to search in the current directory all the files that contain one word for example "hello" i want to achieve it with the grep command but not with the grep * (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aintour
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with using grep command with copy command

Hi, im taking an entry Unix class, and as part of my lab assignment I have to copy all files in the /home/david/lab3 directory that have the file extension .save to your lab3/temp directory. I'm having trouble getting the grep to do anything worth while I've been trying to do: cp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Critical jeff
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep Command

I have one text file, contains some values like <Q1:Name>1000000</Q1:Name>. I want to read the values and stores into an array for searching the each values into a file locations. If I use this find location |xargs grep -l "<Q1:Location>100000055042</Q1:Location>",I get the files, are having... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindam guha
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command giving different result for different users for same command

Hello, I am running below command as root user #nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch count" Memtable switch count: 12 Where as when I try to run same command as another user it gives different result. #su -l zabbix -s /bin/bash -c "nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pushpraj
10 Replies
LVEXTEND(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       LVEXTEND(8)

NAME
lvextend - extend the size of a logical volume SYNOPSIS
lvextend [--alloc AllocationPolicy] [-A|--autobackup y|n] [-d|--debug] [-h|-?|--help] [-i|--stripes Stripes [-I|--stripesize StripeSize]] {-l|--extents [+]LogicalExtentsNumber[%{VG|LV|PVS|FREE}] | -L|--size [+]LogicalVolumeSize[kKmMgGtT]} [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] LogicalVol- umePath [PhysicalVolumePath...] DESCRIPTION
lvextend allows you to extend the size of a logical volume. Extension of snapshot logical volumes (see lvcreate(8) for information to cre- ate snapshots) is supported as well. But to change the number of copies in a mirrored logical volume use lvconvert(8). OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. -l, --extents [+]LogicalExtentsNumber[%{VG|LV|PVS|FREE}] Extend or set the logical volume size in units of logical extents. With the + sign the value is added to the actual size of the logical volume and without it, the value is taken as an absolute one. The number can also be expressed as a percentage of the total space in the Volume Group with the suffix %VG, relative to the existing size of the Logical Volume with the suffix %LV, of the remaining free space for the specified PhysicalVolume(s) with the suffix %PVS, or as a percentage of the remaining free space in the Volume Group with the suffix %FREE. -L, --size [+]LogicalVolumeSize[kKmMgGtTpPeE] Extend or set the logical volume size in units of megabytes. A size suffix of M for megabytes, G for gigabytes, T for terabytes, P for petabytes or E for exabytes is optional. With the + sign the value is added to the actual size of the logical volume and with- out it, the value is taken as an absolute one. -i, --stripes Stripes Gives the number of stripes for the extension. Not applicable to LVs using the original metadata LVM format, which must use a sin- gle value throughout. -I, --stripesize StripeSize Gives the number of kilobytes for the granularity of the stripes. Not applicable to LVs using the original metadata LVM format, which must use a single value throughout. StripeSize must be 2^n (n = 2 to 9) Examples "lvextend -L +54 /dev/vg01/lvol10 /dev/sdk3" tries to extend the size of that logical volume by 54MB on physical volume /dev/sdk3. This is only possible if /dev/sdk3 is a member of volume group vg01 and there are enough free physical extents in it. "lvextend /dev/vg01/lvol01 /dev/sdk3" tries to extend the size of that logical volume by the amount of free space on physical volume /dev/sdk3. This is equivalent to specifying "-l +100%PVS" on the command line. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), lvcreate(8), lvconvert(8), lvreduce(8), lvresize(8), lvchange(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.44-cvs (02-17-09) LVEXTEND(8)