Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Blog-Thread: Creating a Shell Wrapper and Runtime Modifier (SWARM) Post 303045088 by sea on Wednesday 11th of March 2020 06:46:35 PM
Old 03-11-2020
Getting somewhere, alot faster and much more elegant (IMO, code wise) than with TUI.

The border, 'is there' - somewhere... the basic text orientation is slowly falling into place...
Code:
[sea@manjaro-desktop SWARM]$ time . ./runtime 
TODO : swarm.sanity.env
 ----------- TEST AREA -----------
TODO case
# | SWARM 0.1                                                                                  2020.03.12 : 00:33

TODO case
# |                                                   my title                                               | # 

# |                                                                                                               | #
# | left                                               middle                                               right | #
 ----------- TEST AREA -----------

real	0m0.090s
user	0m0.125s
sys	0m0.018s

Incredible, the very first time, it took me WEEKS to get 'here'...
With TUI, it (still) took me DAYS.
Now, so far, it's been a task of just a couple of HOURS! Smilie Smilie

Though, colors are still missing and the orientations still need to be 'ironed out', but it's getting somewhere Smilie
And I still have some hours today Smilie

EDIT:
Oh yeah and did I mention that I love traps?
Just pressing CTRL+C in a terminal to stop all subprocess I started is just... awesomely comfortable! Smilie

Code:
[sea@manjaro-desktop SWARM]$ ^Ctodo cleanup
bash: unset: `swarm.*': Ist kein gültiger Bezeichner.

[1]   Getötet                ( while ${PS:-\ps} ${PPID:-$PID} | ${GREP:-\grep} ${PPID:-$PID} >> /dev/zero; do
    export WIDTH="$(eval $TPUT cols)"; export LINES="$(eval $TPUT lines)"; $doLogExt && init.log "Updating geometrics for SWARM PID: ${PPID:-$PID}"; sleep ${SWARM_INTERVALL_GEOMETRY:-15};
done )
[2]   Getötet                ( while ${PS:-\ps} ${PPID:-$PID} | ${GREP:-\grep} ${PPID:-$PID} >> /dev/zero; do
    export WIDTH="$(eval $TPUT cols)"; export LINES="$(eval $TPUT lines)"; $doLogExt && init.log "Updating geometrics for SWARM PID: ${PPID:-$PID}"; sleep ${SWARM_INTERVALL_GEOMETRY:-15};
done )
[3]   Getötet                ( while ${PS:-\ps} ${PPID:-$PID} | ${GREP:-\grep} ${PPID:-$PID} >> /dev/zero; do
done )
[4]   Getötet                ( while ${PS:-\ps} ${PPID:-$PID} | ${GREP:-\grep} ${PPID:-$PID} >> /dev/zero; do
done )
[5]-  Getötet                ( while ${PS:-\ps} ${PPID:-$PID} | ${GREP:-\grep} ${PPID:-$PID} >> /dev/zero; do
done )
[6]+  Getötet                ( while ${PS:-\ps} ${PPID:-$PID} | ${GREP:-\grep} ${PPID:-$PID} >> /dev/zero; do
done )

Just saying if anyone thinks of 'dirty-coding' Smilie
-> Yes' I'm aware of that unset issue, I'll take care of that later, that part is not urgent for the mood.
-> Nor is that swarm.sanity.env, as thats for when the very basic core is ready and shall be tested on different OS'

EDIT 2:
lol... do you see the mistake I just seen?
Quite an obvious one... width instead of columns... :doh:

Last edited by sea; 03-11-2020 at 08:35 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

korn shell version at runtime?

How can I check what kornshell version I am using at runtime from within a kornshell script? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: qanda
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab is not creating runtime files which are in script..

this is the output i am getting here.. cp: cannot create /wls_domains/eoigw/eoigwsA/deliv/cron/MailingScript/eoigwsA_Health_Status_Report.html: Permission denied /wls_domains/eoigw/eoigwsA/deliv/cron/MailingScript/ /wls_domains/eoigw/eoigwsA/deliv/cron/MailingScript/GenerateReport.sh:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: surekha268
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell Wrapper script

Hi Guys, I am trying write a wrapper script but I don't have any idea. I have 4 different korn shell scripts and all of them needs some parameters from command line (positional parameter). My script cant be interactive because its supposed to be automated. I am confused how can I write a wrapper... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
6 Replies

4. Web Development

Creating a blog site on a local computer

Hello! I would like to create a blog website on a web domain of mine. The blog will be used for publishing economics-lated articles. I tried to use a few open source packages for blog creation (WorldPress, b2evolution, Movable type) which I wanted to test on a local computer before arranging... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: degoor
5 Replies

5. Programming

creating multiple threads using single thread id

Hi all, Can I create multiple threads using single thread_id like pthread_t thread_id; pthread_create(&thread_id, NULL, &print_xs, NULL); pthread_create(&thread_id, NULL, &print_ys, NULL); pthread_create(&thread_id, NULL, &print_zs, NULL); pthread_join(thread_id, NULL); what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Runtime Statistics

Hi, I am trying to capture runtime stats of a shell script (c shell). Are there system variables to call? Or should I create a date variable at the start of the script and at the end of the script? I am trying to capture the time if the script stops or ends with error. Please help. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CKT_newbie88
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapper Script in Perl Or shell

Hello, My requirement is based on Oracle where we run a perl script and it asked some questions.I want to write a wrapper which will answer all these questions. How is it possible. Thanks (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: cotton
16 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell Script average runtime

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Make a bash script that calculates average runtime for the first two scripts you made. The average should be... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: navlelo
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script and Progress Bar or GUI Wrapper

Hi, I have shell script that I am running under Ubuntu as root. Is it possible to hide the command window and show the user some sort of progress /random progress bar / or other form of GUI interaction? On MAC, I have been using Platypus but on Ubuntu I am not sure what to do. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveedanwar4u
4 Replies