Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers UNIX command to select the best edge values from a network file Post 303045060 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 11th of March 2020 09:51:06 AM
Old 03-11-2020
how about (a bit verbose):
awk -f san.awk myInputFile, where san.awk is:
Code:
BEGIN {
  FS=OFS="\t"
  i1=1
  i2=2
  v=3
}
function abs(x)    { return x < 0 ? -x : x }

FNR>1 {
   idx=($i1 > $i2)? $i1 OFS $i2 : $i2 OFS $i1
   if (abs(a[idx])<abs($v))
      a[idx]=$v
}
END {
  for (i in a)
    print i,a[i]
}

results in:
Code:
AT1G01070       AT1G01060       1.214972
AT1G01020       AT1G01010       -1.90043
AT1G01073       AT1G01070       0.790549

Last edited by vgersh99; 03-11-2020 at 11:02 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to select a particular media from the printer with a UNIX command

Problem Overview: We have a scheduler that prints report on any of the network printer. Problem Statement: We need to find a UNIX command that picks up either A4, legal or letter size paper form the printer. I found out a command but it's not working on our environment. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HelpMeOUt
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select distinct values from a flat file

Hi , I have a similar problem. Please can anyone help me with a shell script or a perl. I have a flat file like this fruit country apple germany apple india banana pakistan banana saudi mango india I want to get a output like fruit country apple ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: smalya
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify high values "ÿ" in a text file using Unix command

I have high values (such as ÿÿÿÿ) in a text file contained in an Unix AIX server. I need to identify all the records which are having these high values and also get the position/column number in the record structure if possible. Is there any Unix command by which this can be done to : 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: devina
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a select script through UNIX and sending output to file

Hi, (Oracle, AIX) I have googled this and searched this forum, however I haven't had much luck with an answer and have tried several different things. Basically I have a SQL select statement which generates a whole load of UPDATE statements, I want to run the select statement via... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbchud
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix command to select first few characters and last character of a line

I have a huge file and I want to select first 10 charcters and last 2 characters of everyline and than will filter the unique line. I know, it must be easy bt I am new to unix scripting:) Ex. I have file as below and need to e3kbaird and last 2 characters. and than unique records. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev Yadav
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing multiple network files (edge lists)

I want to compare 4 edge-lists to basically see if an edge is present in all 4 networks. The issue is that an edge A-B in one file can be present as B-A in another file. Example: Input 1: net1.txt A B 0.1 C D 0.65 D E 0.9 E A 0.7 Input 2: net2.txt A Z 0.1 C D 0.65 E D 0.9 E A... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command -Filter rows in fixed width file based on column values

Hi All, I am trying to select the rows in a fixed width file based on values in the columns. I want to select only the rows if column position 3-4 has the value AB I am using cut command to get the column values. Is it possible to check if cut -c3-4 = AB is true then select only that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.k
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a content in a file with specific interval base on the delimited values using UNIX command

Hi All, we have a requirement to split a content in a text file every 5 rows and write in a new file . conditions: if 5th line falls between center of the statement . it should look upto after ";" files are below format: 1 UPDATE TABLE TEST1 SET VALUE ='AFDASDFAS' 2 WHERE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KK230689
3 Replies
IPCHECK(8)						  System Administration Utilities						IPCHECK(8)

NAME
ipcheck - dyndns.org client DESCRIPTION
Usage : ipcheck.py [options] Username Password Hostnames or ipcheck.py [options] --acctfile acct_info_file Options: -a address manually specify the address -r URL NAT router, use web IP detection -A text scan syslog for an IP after text (Unix only) -F filename guess the WAN IP from a firewall log -b backup mx option ON (default OFF) -c custom dns option (default dynamic) -d dir directory for data files (default current) -e script execute script after a successful update -f force update regardless of current state -g NAT router, let dyndns guess your IP (do not use this in a cronjob, try -r) -h print this help text --help print all available help text -i interface interface for local address (default ppp0) -j disable https -l log debugging text to ipcheck.log file --syslog log debugging text to syslog (Unix only) -m mxhost mx host (default NOCHG) -o set dyndns offline mode -p proxy bypass on port 8245 -q quiet mode (unless there is an error) -s static dns option (default dynamic) -t test run, do not send the update -v verbose mode -w wildcard mode ON (default OFF) --makedat create the ipcheck.dat file by dns lookup --devices print router options (Linksys, Netgear, etc) -n ip the router IP address on the internal lan For help with different options: python ipcheck.py -h For supported devices listing : python ipcheck.py --devices For long detailed help text : python ipcheck.py --help Make sure you can write to the current directory for data files and that you always run from the same directory. The first time you run the script, you will be asked to run with the --makedat option in addition to any other options. This will create the data files for the hostnames and options your specify on the command line. You should only do this once. Subsequent runs should be made without the --make- dat option. For help with different options: python ipcheck.py -h For supported devices listing : python ipcheck.py --devices For long detailed help text : python ipcheck.py --help Example 1: the external IP is on eth0 of the current machine python ipcheck.py -l -i eth0 username password hostnames Example 2: you are using the Linksys routing device python ipcheck.py -l -L linksyspassword username password hostnames Example 3: you want to use web based ip detection python ipcheck.py -l -r checkip.dyndns.org:8245 ... where ... is your dyndns username password and hostnames. Hostnames should be comma delimited if there are more than one. Debian GNU/Linux January 2012 IPCHECK(8)