Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers UNIX command to select the best edge values from a network file Post 303045006 by Sanchari on Tuesday 10th of March 2020 06:16:47 PM
Old 03-10-2020
UNIX command to select the best edge values from a network file

I have a tab-delimited data representing network data (undirected). Among the duplicated edges, I wanted to select those edges for which I have the higher absolute value of the log values.
I have written a code in python, but its taking a lot of time. I would be grateful if someone helps me with an awk command. Kindly note, the network is undirected, i.e. A--B and B--A are duplicate edges. My original file has a large number of columns, I have given a simplified test data

Test data

Code:
     Gene1    Gene2    Log
    AT1G01020    AT1G01010    1.682708
    AT1G01020    AT1G01010    -1.90043
    AT1G01020    AT1G01010    -1.832192
    AT1G01070    AT1G01060    -0.591932
    AT1G01070    AT1G01060    -1.204241
    AT1G01073    AT1G01070    0.790549
    AT1G01060    AT1G01070    1.214972

Expected Output

Code:
    AT1G01020    AT1G01010    -1.90043
    AT1G01070    AT1G01060    1.214972
    AT1G01073    AT1G01070    0.790549

Code:
gene_table=file1.readlines() # In the real file, j[12]=Gene1, j[13]=Gene2 and j[27]=log value
lfc=[]
for j in gene_table:
    j=j.split("\t")
    j[12]=j[12].strip()
    j[13]=j[13].strip()
    lfc=[]
    int_list=[]
    lfc.append(float(j[27]))
    int_list.append(j[0])
    dict_int={}
    for k in gene_table:
        k=k.split("\t")
        k[12]=k[12].strip()
        k[13]=k[13].strip()
        if (j[0]!=k[0]) and ((j[12]==k[12] and j[13]==k[13]) or (j[12]==k[13] and j[12]==k[13])):
            lfc.append(float(k[27]))
    dict_int=dict(zip(int_list, lfc))
    x=max(lfc, key=abs)
    #print x
    listOfKeys = [key  for (key, value) in dict_int.items() if value == x]
    print listOfKeys

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 03-11-2020 at 12:29 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to select a particular media from the printer with a UNIX command

Problem Overview: We have a scheduler that prints report on any of the network printer. Problem Statement: We need to find a UNIX command that picks up either A4, legal or letter size paper form the printer. I found out a command but it's not working on our environment. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HelpMeOUt
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select distinct values from a flat file

Hi , I have a similar problem. Please can anyone help me with a shell script or a perl. I have a flat file like this fruit country apple germany apple india banana pakistan banana saudi mango india I want to get a output like fruit country apple ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: smalya
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify high values "ÿ" in a text file using Unix command

I have high values (such as ÿÿÿÿ) in a text file contained in an Unix AIX server. I need to identify all the records which are having these high values and also get the position/column number in the record structure if possible. Is there any Unix command by which this can be done to : 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: devina
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a select script through UNIX and sending output to file

Hi, (Oracle, AIX) I have googled this and searched this forum, however I haven't had much luck with an answer and have tried several different things. Basically I have a SQL select statement which generates a whole load of UPDATE statements, I want to run the select statement via... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbchud
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix command to select first few characters and last character of a line

I have a huge file and I want to select first 10 charcters and last 2 characters of everyline and than will filter the unique line. I know, it must be easy bt I am new to unix scripting:) Ex. I have file as below and need to e3kbaird and last 2 characters. and than unique records. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev Yadav
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing multiple network files (edge lists)

I want to compare 4 edge-lists to basically see if an edge is present in all 4 networks. The issue is that an edge A-B in one file can be present as B-A in another file. Example: Input 1: net1.txt A B 0.1 C D 0.65 D E 0.9 E A 0.7 Input 2: net2.txt A Z 0.1 C D 0.65 E D 0.9 E A... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command -Filter rows in fixed width file based on column values

Hi All, I am trying to select the rows in a fixed width file based on values in the columns. I want to select only the rows if column position 3-4 has the value AB I am using cut command to get the column values. Is it possible to check if cut -c3-4 = AB is true then select only that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.k
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a content in a file with specific interval base on the delimited values using UNIX command

Hi All, we have a requirement to split a content in a text file every 5 rows and write in a new file . conditions: if 5th line falls between center of the statement . it should look upto after ";" files are below format: 1 UPDATE TABLE TEST1 SET VALUE ='AFDASDFAS' 2 WHERE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KK230689
3 Replies
UPDATE-PYTHON-MODULES(8)				      System Manager's Manual					  UPDATE-PYTHON-MODULES(8)

NAME
update-python-modules - byte-compile python modules SYNOPSIS
update-python-modules [options] [package.public [...]] DESCRIPTION
The update-python-modules command is part of the python-support bundle. update-python-modules is responsible for the byte-compilation of python modules. When used in byte-compilation mode, it will byte-compile modules references in the files given on the command line. When used in installation mode, it will byte-compile them once for each installed python version, and will make them available for all of them. At each invocation, with or without arguments, update-python-modules will check for installed python versions, and will build or remove modules according to new or removed versions since the last time it was run. ARGUMENTS
Arguments must be files or directories located in the /usr/share/python-support directory. Depending on their extension, they are treated differently. package.public A file listing public modules to install for each version. These modules must lie in /usr/share/pyshared or /usr/lib/pyshared. package.private A file listing private modules to byte-compile for one Python version. package/ A legacy directory hierarchy of public modules. The C extensions and portions that change with the Python version are to be found in /usr/lib/python-support/pythonX.Y/package/. package.dirs A legacy file listing directories where to find private modules. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --verbose Detail all actions while they are performed. -b, --bytecompile Only accept to work on private modules. When given this option, update-python-modules will fail if passed references to public mod- ules. -i, --install Only accept to work on public modules. When given this option, update-python-modules will fail if passed references to public mod- ules. -c, --clean Clean modules instead of installing them. -a, --rebuild-all Rebuild all private modules. This is necessary when the default python version was changed, for example. -f, --force-rebuild-all Clean all modules (public and private), and rebuild them. FILES
/usr/lib/pymodules/pythonX.Y/ These directories contain the byte-compiled modules for version pythonX.Y. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/python-support/README.gz AUTHOR
Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org>. 18 Feb 2009 UPDATE-PYTHON-MODULES(8)