Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Convert the output of a bash shell script into a text file Post 303044995 by vbe on Tuesday 10th of March 2020 10:19:59 AM
Old 03-10-2020
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz Help To convert xml file to text file using bourn shell scripts

If someone out there could help me out with this problem. I would really appreciate it. I am trying to convert xml into text file(fixed length) using Unix Borne shell scripts. My xml file: <root> <header_rec recordtype="00"> <record_id>00</record_id> <country_code>AK></country_code>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2s2001
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to direct scp output to a file in bash shell or script

I can run this from the command line: scp -i identfile /path/file_to_send remotelogin@remotebox:/path_to_put_it/file_to_send and I get: file_to_send 100% |***************************************************************************| 0 00:00 but if I do: scp -i identfile... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell script that inserts a text data file into an HTML table

hi , i need to create a bash shell script that insert a text data file into an html made table, this table output has to mailed.I am new to shell scripting and have a very minimum idea of shell scripting. please help. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: intern123
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert sql output to csv file via bash tools

hi Can anybody help me with converting such structure into csv file for windows : BAT_ID ID_num CVS_LINE A_SEG SKILL_TO A_CUSTOMER_TYPE --------- ---------- --------------------------------- ---------- ------------------ ----------- 14-MAY-11 777752 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvok
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert shell script output txt file to html table

Hi, I have script which generates the output as below: Jobname Date Time Status abc 12/9/11 17:00 Completed xyz 13/9/11 21:00 Running I have the output as a text file. I need to convert it into a HTML Table and sent it thru email ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: a12ka4
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell script: Str(007) to int(7),increment it(8) & convert back to string(008)

Hi, I have the following requirement. There will be following text/line in a file (eg: search-build.txt) PRODUCT_VERSION="V:01.002.007.Build1234" I need to update the incremental build number (eg here 007) every time I give a build through script. I am able to search the string and get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drwatson_droid
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to write a shell script to convert text file to excel file.

Hi Everyone, I want your help to write a script which will take text file as input and on the basis of delimiter ":"script will create excel sheet. Example input: IpAdress:InstanceName:Port:ServerName 10.255.255.1:abc:2232:xyz_abc Output should be an excel sheet like below: Column... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: akabhinav18
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert shell script output txt file to html table

My concnern related to the post -Convert shell script output txt file to html table, in this how to print the heading as color. awk 'BEGIN{print "<table>"} {print "<tr>";for(i=1;i<=NF;i++)print "<td>" $i"</td>";print "</tr>"} END{print "</table>"}' <filename> (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarajobmai
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read csv file, convert the data and make one text file in UNIX shell scripting

I have input data looks like this which is a part of a csv file 7,1265,76548,"0102:04" 8,1266,76545,"0112:04" I need to make the output data should look like this and the output data will be part of text file: 7|1265000 |7654899 |A| 8|12660000 |76545999 |B| The logic behind the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJG
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need list of input and output parameter of task in a text file, using shell script

//file begin ===== //some code task abcd_; input x; input y,z; //some comment output w; //some comment reg p; integer q; begin //some code end endtask : abcd_ //some code //file end ===== expected output from above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rishifrnds
1 Replies
vfs-filesystems(n)														vfs-filesystems(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
vfs-filesystems - Filesystems provided by tclvfs SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require vfs ?1.2.1? package require vfs::zip ?1.0? package require vfs::mk4 ?1.6? package require vfs::tar ?0.9? package require vfs::ftp ?1.0? package require vfs::ns ?1.0? package require vfs::webdav ?0.1? package require vfs::http ?0.5? package require vfs::urltype ?1.0? vfs::zip::Mount path to vfs::mk4::Mount path to vfs::tar::Mount path to vfs::ftp::Mount path to vfs::ns::Mount path to vfs::webdav::Mount path to vfs::http::Mount path to vfs::urltype::Mount path to _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The package vfs provides not only the means to implement a virtual filesystem at the tcl level, but also a number of ready to be used filesystems as well. Each of these filesystem exists as its own package, and can be accessed through package require vfs::NAME. The whole set of these virtual filesystems is known informally as 'vfslib'. SUPPORTED VFS TYPES
Currently supported are ftp, tar, http, zip, mk4, ns, and webdav. In addition there is the ability to mount any 'urltype' as a new direc- tory, provided an appropriate vfs is supported. This means that you can treat urls based on the schemes ftp://, http:// and file:// as files. To do this, simply evaluate the command vfs::urltype::Mount ftp for example. Any access inside the new volume will result in an attempt to require a package through package require vfs::${type}, which must therefore exist, or errors will be thrown. If a filesystem is loaded, use the associated command listed below to mount a source for that filesystem as a tcl directory. vfs::zip::Mount path to Mount the zip file path as directory to. vfs::mk4::Mount path to Mount the metakit database file file path as directory to. vfs::tar::Mount path to Mount the tar file path as directory to. vfs::ftp::Mount path to Mount the ftp url path as directory to. vfs::ns::Mount path to Mount the tcl namespace path as directory to. vfs::webdav::Mount path to Mount the webdav url path as directory to. vfs::http::Mount path to Mount the http url path as directory to. vfs::urltype::Mount path to Mount the url path, of type urltype as directory to. LIMITATIONS
Most of the vfs types listed above have not been very well debugged as yet. Please test them! SEE ALSO
vfs, vfs-fsapi KEYWORDS
file, filesystem, ftp, http, metakit, namespace, tar, vfs, vfslib, webdav, zip COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2001-2003 Vince Darley <vincentdarley@users.sourceforge.net> Copyright (c) 2003 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> Tcl-level Virtual Filesystems 1.0 vfs-filesystems(n)