Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MicroFocus COBOL TRACE
Top Forums Programming MicroFocus COBOL TRACE Post 303044944 by vgersh99 on Monday 9th of March 2020 11:33:44 AM
Old 03-09-2020
check man pages of cob - probably has to do with the compiler debug option(s).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Gentoo

COBOL on linux?!

Hello guys, I'm searching for a good COBOL compiler which runs on linux. In fact I have found one but I'm really lost with its installation!! I don't know how to install it and how it works. In fact I'm not so good in linux and I always have problems with installation, but this time it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HSN
1 Replies

2. Solaris

COBOL issue

Hi, I am working on a Mainframe to UNIX replatforming project. we are facing problems with COBOL COMP-3 fields. We are using the Mainframe emulator software to download the data which has COMP-3 fields and using it as input to the same COBOL programs which were copied from Mainframe and did the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jayaprakash T
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Rm-cobol 85

Does anyone use the following Cobol compiler: RM/COBOL-85 Compiler - Version 5.15.00 for SCO Unix 386. I am looking for a file that might be part of the distribution named "osmain.o" Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
0 Replies

4. Programming

cobol programme

I have some compile programme .crn now I want to run .crn programme on express cobol which allow only *.gnt programme any solution to run *.crn programme (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibi
0 Replies

5. Programming

cobol crn programme run on express cobol as .gnt

can i run .crn programme in express cobol which support to .gnt programme .... Plz tell me solution (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling script from RM cobol and returning value to cobol

Is there a way you can return a value from a script that is called from a rm cobol program... 01 WS-COMD-LINE-PGM X(39) value sh ./getUserId.sh 12345" 01 WS-RETURN-SYS-CODE PIC 9(8). CALL "SYSTEM" USING WS-COMD-LINE-PGM GIVING WS-RETURN-SYS-CODE. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavanmp
1 Replies

7. SCO

cobol installation

Dear All, while installing mfcobol in sco open unix 5 in piv m/cs, when run #sh ./install this error massage is comming load error file lmfnewdb error code 198 pc=0 call=-1 seg=0 198 load failor chmod warrning can not acess /opt/lib/mflmf/mflmfdb no such file or directory (error-2)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Scripts "Load Error" with MicroFocus COBOL subprograms

When running our UNIX job scripts we randomly get the following 198 error below. When we restart the job it works fine. I haven't been able to recreate the problem in test, so I'm wondering if it has something to do with Cron or possibly a memory error or memory leak. I don't see anything... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rthiele
5 Replies

9. Linux

Cobol on Linux

Hello, I have got a specific requirement of running a COBOL code on EL5. Not sure if GCC includes the compiler for COBOL. Currently what I can think of installing openCOBOL in EL5 server and hand it over to developers. From what I think need to do is, compile COBOL code using openCOBOL ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: niravkamdar
5 Replies

10. SCO

Virtualize SCO 5.0.6 with Microfocus COBOL - Help needed

Hi all, I am trying to virtualize a running SCO 5.0.6 system with microfocus cobol installed. I have already managed (thanks to the people in this forum) to install the operating system. I dont have the cobol installation media anymore. I have copied (using cpio) all directories from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sopela123
3 Replies
read_reading(3) 						  Staden Package						   read_reading(3)

NAME
read_reading, fread_reading - Read a trace file into a Read structure. SYNOPSIS
#include <Read.h> Read *read_reading( char *filename, int format); Read *fread_reading( FILE *fp, char *filename, int format); DESCRIPTION
These functions read trace files into a Read structure. A variety of formats are supported including ABI, ALF and SCF. (Note that the first two are only supported when the library is used as part of the Staden Package.) Additionally, support for reading the plain (old) staden format files and Experiment files is included. Compressed trace files may also be read. Decompression is performed using either gzip -d or uncompress and is written to a temporary file for further processing. The temporary file is then read and removed. When reading an experiment file the trace file referenced by the LN and LT line types is read. The QL, QR (left and right quality clips), SL and SR (left and right vector clips) are taken from the Experiment file to produce the cutoff information held within the Read struc- ture. The orig_trace field of the Read structure will then contain the pointer to the experiment file structure and the orig_trace_format field will be set to TT_EXP. The functions allocate a Read structure which is returned. To deallocate this structure use the read_deallocate() function. read_reading() reads a trace from the specified filename and format. Formats available are TT_SCF, TT_ABI, TT_ALF, TT_PLN, TT_EXPand TT_ANY. Specifying format TT_ANY will attempt to automatically detect the corret format type by analysing the trace file for magic numbers and composition. The format field of the structure can then be used to determine the real trace type. fread_reading() reads a trace from the specified file pointer. The filename argument is used for setting the trace_name field of the resulting structure, and for error messages. Otherwise the function is identical to the read_reading() function. The Read structure itself is as follows. typedef uint_2 TRACE; /* for trace heights */ typedef struct { int format; /* Trace file format */ char *trace_name; /* Trace file name */ int NPoints; /* No. of points of data */ int NBases; /* No. of bases */ /* Traces */ TRACE *traceA; /* Array of length `NPoints' */ TRACE *traceC; /* Array of length `NPoints' */ TRACE *traceG; /* Array of length `NPoints' */ TRACE *traceT; /* Array of length `NPoints' */ TRACE maxTraceVal; /* The maximal value in any trace */ /* Bases */ char *base; /* Array of length `NBases' */ uint_2 *basePos; /* Array of length `NBases' */ /* Cutoffs */ int leftCutoff; /* Number of unwanted bases */ int rightCutoff; /* Number of unwanted bases */ /* Miscellaneous Sequence Information */ char *info; /* misc seq info, eg comments */ /* Probability information */ char *prob_A; /* Array of length 'NBases' */ char *prob_C; /* Array of length 'NBases' */ char *prob_G; /* Array of length 'NBases' */ char *prob_T; /* Array of length 'NBases' */ /* The original input format data, or NULL if inapplicable */ int orig_trace_format; void *orig_trace; } Read; RETURN VALUES
On successful completion, the read_reading() and fread_reading() functions return a pointer to a Read structure. Otherwise these functions return NULLRead (which is a null pointer). SEE ALSO
write_reading(3), fwrite_reading(3), deallocate_reading(3), scf(4), ExperimentFile(4) read_reading(3)