Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to convert any shell command output to JSON format? Post 303044927 by drl on Monday 9th of March 2020 08:33:51 AM
Old 03-09-2020
Hi, kb.

Thanks. As I noted, it did install and execute correctly on a more recent system, so I'll need to use it there. Thanks for your time and effort ... cheers, drl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to format command output

Hello team, I am running below command which is giving following output. bash-3.00$ ps -eo pid,pcpu,args | sort +1n | grep -i java 12 0.0 grep -i java 8804 0.0 /opt/app/ccr/home/ccr/WebSphere/AppServer/java/bin/sparcv9/java -XX:+UnlockDiag 9241 0.0... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert the output in table format

Hi All, I have a output like below values val1=test.com val2=10.26.208.11 val3=en1 val4=test-priv1.com val5=192.168.3.4 val6=en2 val7=test-priv2.com val8=192.168.4.4 val9=en3 val10=test-vip.com val11=10.26.208.9 val12=$val3 I want to convet this output values into below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert TZ output to a different format

Friends, I am trying to convert my local server timezone EST to UTC and for which I used the TZ command, see below $ date Thu Dec 6 10:14:14 EST 2012 $ $ TZ=UTC date -d '10:14 EST' Thu Dec 6 15:14:00 UTC 2012 Now I would like to have the same output in 'yyyymmdd hh:mm' format. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_damodaran
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple records need to convert UNIXtime to human readable datatime and all output in one format

Hello Experts, Below is the record i have: sample data attached I want this record of each row to be in single line and there are multiple rowise unixtime mentioned e.g 11996327 , This needs to be converted to Human readdable data and time from multiple rows Can you help me , it will be... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishK
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert json to xml

Hello everyone, I have created a workflow that will pull down data via a RESTful API in JSON, then my code parses and modifies said data. The problem I have is that these APIs I am working with only accept XML to PUT/POST data, and I am looking for an easy way to convert my JSON file to XML. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaphod_B
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop to convert text output in the HTML format

Hello Everyone, I have a sample file raw.txt as shown below : Drive Bays Bay Name : SD-2C Number of Standby Power Supplies : 4 Number of Drive Enclosures : 12 Summary Status of Contained Modules All... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

JSON Output format

Dear friends, I'm getting below API result and i would like to format them with Shell scripting. Input "id": 9, "description": "short desc", "name": "test", "name_with_namespace": "ABCD-PDFF-PLATFORM-TEST-V1 / test", "path": "test", "path_with_namespace":... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluchen
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert rows to column and print output in required format

Hi All, i am trying to print the solaris 11 packages in below required format, But i am unable to do that. Current ouput : root@abc# pkginfo -l | egrep '(BASEDIR|NAME|VERSION)' | awk '{print}' NAME: QLogic 570x/571x Gigabit Ethernet Driver VERSION: 11.11,REV=2009.11.11 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert String to an Array using shell scripting in JSON file.

This is the sample json I have pasted here. I want all the IP address strings to be converted into an array. For example "10.38.32.202" has to be converted to everywhere in the JSON. There are multiple IPs in a JSON I am pasting one sample object from the JSON. But the IPs already in an Array... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinshas1
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Printing df -h output in json format

Hi All, i am trying to print the df -h ouput in json format. using below script. #!/usr/bin/env bash df -h > /tmp/sdf nawk '{print " "$1" "$2" "$3" "$4" "$5" "$6" "}' /tmp/sdf > /tmp/sdf1 nawk 'NR==1 { for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) { f = i }}{ print $(f), $(f), $(f), $(f), ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
2 Replies
shell(1F)							   FMLI Commands							 shell(1F)

NAME
shell - run a command using shell SYNOPSIS
shell command [command] ... DESCRIPTION
The shell function concatenate its arguments, separating each by a space, and passes this string to the shell ($SHELL if set, otherwise /usr/bin/sh). EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample output of shell command. Since the Form and Menu Language does not directly support background processing, the shell function can be used instead. `shell "build prog > /dev/null &"` If you want the user to continue to be able to interact with the application while the background job is running, the output of an exe- cutable run by shell in the background must be redirected: to a file if you want to save the output, or to /dev/null if you don't want to save it (or if there is no output), otherwise your application may appear to be hung until the background job finishes processing. shell can also be used to execute a command that has the same name as an FMLI built-in function. NOTES
The arguments to shell will be concatenate using spaces, which may or may not do what is expected. The variables set in local environments will not be expanded by the shell because "local" means "local to the current process." ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jul 1990 shell(1F)