Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 11 link aggregation with multiple VLANs - not working Post 303044836 by Peasant on Wednesday 4th of March 2020 11:24:56 PM
Old 03-05-2020
You will then create a vsw (virtual switch) on top of aggr0
Then using that vsw add interfaces to VMs.

There is no need to create vlanNUM interfaces on the hypervisor in that case.
You only define vlan interfaces on hypervisor if you wish to define IP for the hypervisor itself.

Check out this post :
LDOM Solaris 11 add Network vsw (Virtual switch)

Hope that helps
Regards
Peasant.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Link Aggregation

Hi there I have a requirement to provide failover to our customer boxes in case of interface / switch failure, I have been looking at Solaris Link Aggregation with LACP and I wanted to ask a question Ive seen multiple websites that say the following Does this also mean that if the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Link Aggregation and LACP

Hi there I have a requirement to provide failover to our customer boxes in case of interface / switch failure, I have been looking at Solaris Link Aggregation with LACP and I wanted to ask a question Ive seen multiple websites that say the following Does this also mean that if the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

3. AIX

Link aggregation with hacmp ?

Hi, I need to setup a hacmp cluster (my first one, we usually use VCS on AIX), but I require more network bandwith than a normal gigabit etherchannel setup can provide, so I am thinking about using linkaggregation - 2 active adapters to one switch and a single backup adapter to another switch... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Link aggregation

Me again :) I'm trying to find a page describing the L2, L3 und L4 modes of dladm. It's nice to read "hashed by ip header", but how should I use that? On the file-server it's ok to have the six interfaces serving six clients each on it's own. But an rsync connection via switch between two... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickBaer
8 Replies

5. IP Networking

Interface bonding / Link aggregation (Multiple)

Hello, I've been using mode 4 with four slaves, however looking at ifconfig showed that the traffic was not balanced correctly between the interfaces, the outgoing traffic has been alot higher on the last slave. Example: eth0 RX 123.2 GiB TX 22.5 GiB eth1 RX 84.8 GiB TX 8.3 GiB eth2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
3 Replies

6. Solaris

solaris link aggregation problem , once i reboot it is not showing, not able to ping the default gat

Hi All, I am trying to aggregate the NIC's,(igb2 and igb3) (igb0 is used by the physical system and igb1 is used by primary-vsw0) to create the domains on that for faster data transfer, I followed the process for creating the aggregation, dladm create-aggr -d igb2 -d igb3 1 after creating the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buildscm
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Link aggregation issues Solaris 10

I have setup link aggregation with 3 interfaces on my solaris 10 system. All looks good but my problem is that the traffic is only going out bge0 and not the other 2 links. bash-4.3# dladm show-aggr -s key:33 ipackets rbytes opackets obytes %ipkts %opkts ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: primeaup
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

Link Aggregation

Hi ihave three link of internet and iwant to put one linux front of a firewall that this three linux speard firewall such az load balance and fialover but dont close any port and protocol and only firewall have been internet what way can i use for it ? are there any script and services do that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris link aggregation not working as expected

Hi, This is Solaris-10 x86 platform. I am not able to ping gateway associated with aggr50001. I am not getting idea, where could be issue. Please advise. # netstat -nr Routing Table: IPv4 Destination Gateway Flags Ref Use Interface --------------------... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
10 Replies
flow-print(1)						      General Commands Manual						     flow-print(1)

NAME
flow-print -- Display flows in formatted ASCII. SYNOPSIS
flow-print [-hlnpw] [-d debug_level] [-f format] DESCRIPTION
The flow-print utility will display flow data in ASCII using pre-defined formats selectable with -f. Some of the less descriptive column headers are defined below Header Description ------------------------------- Sif Source Interface ifIndex. DiF Destination Interface ifIndex. Pr Protocol. P Protocol. SrcP Source Port. DstP Destination Port. Pkts Packets. Octets Octets (Bytes). Active Time in ms the flow was active. B/Pk Bytes per Packet. Ts Type of Service. Fl Flags, for TCP the cumulative or of the TCP control bits. srcAS Source AS. dstAS Destination AS. Start Start time of the flow. End End time of the flow. router_sc V7 IP address of router producing shorcuts. peer_nexthop V6 IP address of peer next hop IP address. encap i/o Version 6 only. Encapsulation size in/out duration Time in ms the flow was active. input Input Interface ifIndex. output Output Interface ifIndex. flows Number of aggregated flows. mTos V8.x ToS of pkts that exceeded the contract. xpackets V8.x Packets that exceed the contract. OPTIONS
-d debug_level Enable debugging. -f format Select format. The default is appropriate for the export type of the flow data. Available formats are: 0 1 line, interfaces, hex ports 1 2 line (includes timing and flags) 2 2 line candidate TCP syn attack flows 3 1 line, no interfaces, decimal ports 4 1 line with AS number 5 1 line, 132 column 6 show ip accounting emulation 7 1 line, 132 column +router_id 8 1 line, 132 column +encapsulation 9 1 line with tag values 10 AS aggregation 11 Protocol Port aggregation 12 Source Prefix aggregation 13 Destination Prefix aggregation 14 Prefix aggregation 15 Destination aggregation (Catalyst) 16 Source Destination aggregation (Catalyst) 17 Full Flow (Catalyst) 18 ToS AS Aggregation 19 ToS Proto Port aggregation 20 ToS Source Prefix aggregation 21 ToS Destination Prefix aggregation 22 ToS Prefix Aggregation 23 ToS Prefix Port aggregation 24 Full (Catalyst) -h Display help. -l Unbuffer output. -n Use symbolic names where appropriate. -p Display header information. -w Wide output. EXAMPLES
Display flows in flowfile flow-print < flowfile FILES
Configuration files: Symbols - /etc/flow-tools/sym/*. BUGS
None known. AUTHOR
Mark Fullmer maf@splintered.net SEE ALSO
flow-tools(1) flow-print(1)