Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers VPN Connection Problem using OpenVPN Post 303044692 by tuxlover2020 on Monday 2nd of March 2020 12:27:19 AM
Old 03-02-2020
No problems with web access, email, https, networking tools like ping, traceroute, VOIP. In fact, maybe that has something to do with it. I recently established VOIP in the house and had a heck of a time trying to utilize the wireless features of the phone adapter/repeater/router. Ended up giving up and going with the ethernet wired feature just to get phone service back. Any correlation between that problem and this VPN timing problem?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Testing VPN Connection

Hi All: I need a script that can be timed to run every half hour to an hour to run a traceroute through a VPN to test that a connection is still up from a Win XP system. Which would be the best, C++ or Perl and what are some good resources to look at. (If anyone has a script to do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxhewitt
1 Replies

2. Linux

vpn problem

Trying to connect to my companies VPN with vpnc but I keep getting an error that the target failed to respond. I run wireshark and see that my host sends out a few ISAKMP packets but gets no response and gives up. Any ideas what can cause this to happen? Is there someway that UDP traffic could... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: osulinux
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

VPN Connection

Hello, I have question about VPN connection thats, I have two networks 1-Office Network 2-Home Network both are connected to internet i have in Office network PPTP VPN Server with real or static ip and on the home network all clients working with local ip Now , I need to connect to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxCommandos
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

5. SCO

Printing to Windows 7 using Samba 2.0.3 via VPN connection to SCO 3.2v5.0.6

I would like to know if anyone has a way to PRINT TO a printer attached to a Windows 7 PC, from SCO, while logged in via a VPN connection. I am able to attach to a Samba share on the SCO server for files while attached to the VPN, so I know my Samba is workling - but my print jobs return: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tbb999
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Cisco VPN pcf and OpenVPN

I was given my pcf file to login to work from home and wanted to use OpenVPN instead of the Cisco VPN client software. Can I use this pcf file with OpenVPN? I attempted to use vpnc: http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/vpnc but it just times out ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Cisco VPN server and client - connection drop

I have a Cisco 1841 router configured as Easy VPN Server. Here is the configuration of the router: Cisco# Cisco#show running-config Building configuration... Current configura - Pastebin.com I have a Centos 5.7 server with installed Cisco VPN client for Linux. The client successfully... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcbandit
0 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

VPN Initial Connection Problem

Hey everyone. I have a problem, but it may be my lack of understanding that is the cause. Ok so I attend a technical school, and needless to say there's a lot of wannabe hackers, pranksters and what not. So from my laptop I'd like to connect to the wireless AP's around campus, but security is a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Internet connection single interface through vpn

Hi. Can you please help me with a routing problem? There are 2 networks: 192.168.10.0/24 (eth0) 192.168.11.0/24 (eth0:1) The default gateway is 192.168.10.1 iPv4 routing is already enabled and working. With vpnc I've built up an VPN connection and can access my home network... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tschmi
0 Replies
chfn(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   chfn(1)

NAME
chfn - change finger information SYNOPSIS
chfn [-D binddn] [-P path] [-f name] [-o office] [-p phone] [-h home_phone] [-m other] [-r service] [-q] [-u] [-v] [user] DESCRIPTION
chfn is used to change the user finger information. This are the users fullname, office room number, office phone number and home phone number. This information is stored in the /etc/passwd file and typically printed by finger(1) and similiar programs. A normal user may only change the fields for their own account, the super user may change the fields for any account. Also, only the super user may use the -o option to change the undefined portions of the GECOS field. If no information is given on the command line, chfn operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user for each field. Enter the new value to change the field, or leave the line blank to use the current value. Enter none or a blank only to remove the current value. The current value is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. The only restrictions placed on the contents of the fields is that no control characters may be present, nor any of comma, colon, or equal sign. The other field does not have this restriction, and is used to store accounting information used by other applications. This version of chfn is able to change the shell of local, NIS, NIS+ and LDAP accounts, if the permissions allow it. OPTIONS
-D, --binddn binddn Use the Distinguished Name binddn to bind to the LDAP directory. The user will be prompted for a password for simple authentica- tion. -P, --path path The passwd and shadow files are located below the specified directory path. chfn will use this files, not /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow. This is useful for example on NIS master servers, where you do not want to give all users in the NIS database auto- matic access to your NIS server and the NIS map is build from special files. -f, --full-name Specify your real name. -o, --office Specify your office room number. -p, --phone Specify your office phone number. -h, --home-phone Specify your home phone number. -m, --other Specify the undefined portions of the GECOS field. -r, --service Specify the service where the GECOS field should be changed. Supported services are files, ldap, nis and nisplus. -q, --quite Don't be verbose. -u, --usage Print a usage message and exit. --help Print a more verbose help text and exit. -v, --version Print version information and exit. ENVIRONMENT
SHADOW_CHFN - If this environment variable is set to 1, the chfn options are compatible to the version from the shadow suite. FILES
/etc/passwd - user account information SEE ALSO
chsh(1), finger(1), passwd(5) AUTHOR
Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@suse.de> pwdutils February 2004 chfn(1)