Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AIX subsystem stops partially Post 303044595 by vbe on Thursday 27th of February 2020 05:58:03 AM
Old 02-27-2020
Once you connect as root, wherever root writes (e.g your log file ) very often he becomes the owner and your user (e.g. 206) is doomed either you create a group that they share in common and both can write or you must stop using root to test...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS client subsystem hang up on boot

Hi, I have a Unix box running HP-UX 10.20 and it suddenly won't boot. Every time it goes down the boot checklist, it hangs on "NFS client subsystem" and just continues to say busy/wait. I have read something about the /etc/auto_master but don't quite understand what has to happen to fix it. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asheley Ryan
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

subsystem failure

aix 4.3 I get the following error from the errpt log BD797922 0306170008 P H enclosure0 SUBSYSTEM FAILURE I'm not clear on this kind of error. It never happened to me. What do this errors mean, and how do I clear or solve them? Any help is appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andwhat
2 Replies

3. AIX

Subsystem Component Failure

Hello All, Does some one have any idea about the subsystem component failure. Errpt command throws below errors for my server :- # errpt IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION B9735AF4 0304222408 P H hdisk5 SUBSYSTEM COMPONENT FAILURE B9735AF4 0304222408 P H... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shrek
1 Replies

4. AIX

Generating a Subsystem

Hello, I'm trying to generate a subsystem which supports startsrc, stopsrc and refresh I want to specify special arguments in case of stopsrc and refresh for example: startsrc: /bin/testscript start stopsrc: /bin/testscript stop refresh: /bin/testscript restart which should be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
0 Replies

5. AIX

AIX 5.3 ML10 new install, rsh only partially working

Two boxes we just reloaded to use as a two node HACMP cluster to insure our software is compatible. Install disks we received at our library on 5/2009 AIX 5.3-ML10 For sake of argument names ibmaix1 and ibmaix2 On both: ibmaix1# oslevel -r 5300-10 .rhosts files with 600 permissions... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrKillPatient
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Getting Subsystem ID/Vendor

Hey Guys ... How I can look up Subsystem ID of the WIFI card under Ubuntu... I did try lspci but its outputting only Vendor and Dev no subsys ... I need same data as below ( Windows ) PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_001C&SUBSYS_04281468&REV_01\4&1BF192B7&0&0020 thank you happy new year ! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NDxiak
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP subsystem requests

Hi there, what is the meaning of this line: SFTP subsystem requests: 5 Time(s) in: /var/mail/root??? Tks in advance, GB (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
0 Replies

8. AIX

sftp : have to specify subsystem from client side

I have several ssh servers *running aix 5.3 and they respond to sftp requests just fine, but I have one that requires clients to specify the path to the sftp server using the -s flag which is*/usr/sbin/sftp-server I check the sshd_config across all servers and they are the same. *The other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: massdesign
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

[HP UNIX B.10.20] NFS Client SubSystem fail

Recently moved a HP Unix B.10.20 system from US to Thailand, and everything is work well in US but after we changed: 1. set_parms ip_address (change the IP to TH range) 2. set_parms addl_netwrk (change the Subnet, Gateway, Domain name, DNS Svr Name, and DNS IP) 3. vi /etc/hosts (to commented... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta911
4 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 7.1 booting stops at C1922000 C19220FF

Hi, we have the p6 server running AIX 7.1 it suddenly stops working. I tried to re-cycle power but it keeps stopping at C19220FF. Activate the service processor pinhole reset switch but still stops at the same code. Error logs: 1. 501A1181 2016-06-08 22:06:20 'Service Process'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lilyn
1 Replies
sfind(1)							    ShapeTools								  sfind(1)

NAME
sfind - shapeTools RMS recursively descend a system hierarchy SYNOPSIS
sfind [-subs | -comp] directory [command] DESCRIPTION
Sfind recursively descends the system hierarchy of a software system managed by the shapeTools Release Management System (shapeTools RMS). Sfind starts it's search from directory downwards. According to the shapeTools RMS conventions, directory must contain a Shapefile which lists the subsystems in the variable SUBSYSTEMS and the subsystem components in the variable COMPONENTS. Each subsystem is visited. If no command is specified, sfind echoes the pathnames of the subsystems it finds, or, if the option -comp is given, the pathnames of the components of each subsystem. When a command is given, it is executed in the directory of each subsystem. The string ``{}'' in command is replaced by the pathname of the subsystem or component. OPTIONS
-subs command is invoked for each subsystem. This is the default. ``{}'' in command is replaced by the pathname of the subsystem. -comp command is invoked for each component. ``{}'' in command is replaced by the pathname of the component. EXAMPLES
List all system components: sfind -comp ~/development Show the pathnames of all versionfiles: sfind ~/development echo -n {}/ ; shape -echo VERSIONFILE Echo identification of the last release of each subsystem: sfind ~/development vl -last -format '$__lastrelease$\n' `shape -echo VERSIONFILE` Necessary quoting to echo a pair of curly braces: sfind ~/development echo two \{\} braces SEE ALSO
find(1), sh(1), shape(1), shape_RMS(1), shape_tmpl(7) CAVEATS
Quoting of shell meta characters can be tough. BUGS
The program is slow because shape(1) is called at least once for each subsystem. When sfind is interrupted, usually shape(1) displays the message ``shape - interrupted'', which may be confusing. AUTHOR
Andreas.Lampen@cs.tu-berlin.de shape_RMS-1.15 Fri Jun 25 17:01:50 1993 sfind(1)