Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Application showing "Connection Time Out" very often Post 303044590 by anaigini45 on Thursday 27th of February 2020 04:53:30 AM
Old 02-27-2020
Application showing "Connection Time Out" very often

Hi,

We have a web serveer running on Apache-Tomcat-6.0.32. For 2 months continuously, we noticed that the app on this server setup has been frequently sending out intermittent "Connection Time Out" issues.
On the OS side, I investigated a lot of things,

1) tcpdump : did not find anything suspicious (no large flooding of suspicious IP, etc)
2) In the apache access_log nothing suspicious either.
3) netstat -an, tulpn : No timeout/dead connection
4) telnet to port 80 is OK

Thus, my teammate concluded that it could be a bug in the tomcat version 6.0.32 itself. Is this possible/true? How can we confirm this?
We use "Uptime" as a monitoring tool, and it sends updates every 3 mins. Whereas other monitoring tools send alerts every 5 mins or more, and do not show the "Connection Time Out" problem.
Is "Uptime" an unstable monitoring tool?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

add seconds to: date"|"time"|"HHMMSS

Hey all, I have a shell that invokes a AWK. In this AWK i want invoke a function that receives 3 parameters: date: 20080831 time: 235901 duration: 00023 that function receive this 3 parameters and sum to this value two more seconds: 2008083123590100025 Remember that in case that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaconga
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove "New line characters" and "spaces" at a time

Dear friends, following is the output of a script from which I want to remove spaces and new-line characters. Example:- Line1 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz Line2 mnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijkl Line3 opqrstuvwxyzabcdefdefg Here in above example, at every starting line there is a “tab” &... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Linux

Showing "permission denied" when trying to login in - Montavista Linux

Hello friends, I have scratched my system and after that when I am trying to access the console via root login it's failing with an error message of "permission denied". I am able to access the other login, I am having only problem with root and some other user login. I am using an telnet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanoop
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Showing "permission denied" when trying to login in - Montavista Linux

Hello friends, I have scratched my system and after that when I am trying to access the console via root login it's failing with an error message of "permission denied". I am able to access the other login, I am having only problem with root and some other user login. I am using an telnet... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanoop
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"sudo su -" showing lot of information on OpenLDAP

Hello, I have configured new LDAP and new LDAP clients. When I do "sudo su -", it shows me lot of information, which is not required on screen. I am not sure, if any debug mode is enabled or from where it can be turned off. Please suggest, if it is know for you. -bash-3.2$ sudo su - sudo:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Ipadm showing "/?" in ADDROBJ on S11 local zone

Hi! I have a Solaris 11 local zone, everything is running fine, BUT, when I issue an "ipadm show-addr" from inside the local zone I get the following: root@xxxxxxx:/var/opt# ipadm show-addr ADDROBJ TYPE STATE ADDR lo0/? inherited ok 127.0.0.1/8... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtmg
2 Replies
Audio::MPD::Common::Time(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Audio::MPD::Common::Time(3pm)

NAME
Audio::MPD::Common::Time - class representing time of current song VERSION
version 1.120881 DESCRIPTION
Audio::MPD::Common::Status returns some time information with the "time()" accessor. This information relates to the elapsed time of the current song, as well as the remaining and total time. This information is encapsulated in an Audio::MPD::Common::Time object. An Audio::MPD::Common::Time object does not update itself regularly, and thus should be used immediately. Note: one should never ever instantiate an Audio::MPD::Common::Time object directly - use the mpd modules instead. ATTRIBUTES
$time->time; The time passed to the constructor, used to compute all others values (see methods). It is the time value (on the "time" line) of what the MPD server returns to the status command. Defaults to "0:0". METHODS
my $str = $time->sofar; Return elapsed $time ("minutes:seconds" format). my $str = $time->left; Return remaining $time ("minutes:seconds" format). my $str = $time->left; Return total $time ("minutes:seconds" format). my $percent = $time->percent; Return elapsed $time (percentage, 1 digit). my $secs = $time->seconds_sofar; Return elapsed $time in seconds. my $secs = $time->seconds_left; Return remaining $time in seconds. my $secs = $time->seconds_total; Return total $time in seconds. my $mins = $time->sofar_mins; Return minutes part of elapsed $time. my $secs = $time->sofar_secs; Return seconds part of elapsed $time. my $mins = $time->left_mins; Return minutes part of remaining $time. my $secs = $time->left_secs; Return seconds part of remaining $time. my $mins = $time->total_mins; Return minutes part of total $time. my $mins = $time->total_secs; Return seconds part of total $time. AUTHOR
Jerome Quelin COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2007 by Jerome Quelin. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-01 Audio::MPD::Common::Time(3pm)