Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO USB Backup for SCO OpenServer? Post 303044572 by Transpower on Wednesday 26th of February 2020 07:32:45 PM
Old 02-26-2020
SCO OpenServer 5.0.7

Yes, Microlite will work for SCO OpenServer 6 but not 5.0.7 to backup to a USB stick. I think I will have to boot to a USB stick with the Reflect Windows PE Environment and backup an image of the SCO drive to another USB stick. Any other ideas?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help For SCO OpenServer

I've just installed Unix SCO OpenServer System v in an Intel PC and Everithing ok, except just one thing, in the begining of the installation the wizard asked me about the mouse , i have a generic 3 buttons mouse and i took a logitech and did not work i need to change the mouse configuration, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyvaldes
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sco openserver 5.5

hello! when i try to make my system dual boot with both win98 & sco open server 5.5 it doesn't work at all.neither win98 take start nor sco open server boots.what should i do ? kindly help me thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buntty
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Openserver 5.07 & APC UPS via USB

I have the latest version of SCO Openserver 5.0.7. I'm trying to install a APC Uninerrupted Power Supply 750EX using the USB port. During the installation it was asking for a port to connect the APC into. The only choices are either tty1a, tty2a, or other. I chose other but it start asking me to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josramon
1 Replies

4. SCO

sco openserver 5.0.7

Dear members when i installed dual processor patch in openserver 5.0.7 in hp ML370 G4 server it hangs in sco at G_hd_config. i tried MP4, EFS 5.64,5.70A but not solved the problem.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: M_farooqui
0 Replies

5. SCO

Incremental Backup using TAR in sco Openserver 5.0

Incremental Backup using TAR in sco Openserver 5.0 Dear all I am using sco openserver 5.0. I wanted to take backup of two folder (each 600 MB size) with lot of files. I used to take backup using tar command daily using a script. But the same takes more time. Is there any way to take backup... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamcalicut
0 Replies

6. SCO

SCO 6. Backup & Restore from USB

Finaly got usb working on sco6. If anyone need help with that just ask. My final goal is to able to do a complete system backup/restore to/from usb. The problems I need help with 1. Can't cpio to usb device. Getting an error message device not found 2. When booted from sco6 emergency... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: miles556
3 Replies

7. SCO

Emergency Help about backup of SCO OpenServer 5.0.7

hi guys im beginner in unix and have many problem with this. i have one old machine that Sco unix OpenServer 5.0.7 installed on it. i wana backup from all partition of hard disk and restore it on another unix machine. how can i do that ? thing like hard to hard for windows !!! i only know how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farzad226
1 Replies

8. SCO

Help about create backup of SCO openserver 5.0.7

hi guys im beginner in unix and have many problem with this. i have one old machine that Sco unix OpenServer 5.0.7 installed on it. i wana backup from all partition of hard disk and restore it on another unix machine. how can i do that ? thing like hard to hard for windows !!! i only know how... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: farzad226
14 Replies

9. SCO

USB Printing for SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7

Years ago I set up USB printing for SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7 for a client--but I've misplaced my notes on how to do this! Maintenance Pack 5 is installed. I need step-by-step instructions to proceed. I've searched the SCO Knowledge Base site and found nothing there or elsewhere on the Web. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Transpower
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need to end Backup Process SCO Openserver 5

I was attempting to run a backup at our business last Friday evening when I apparently locked up our whole mainframe. Rather than observing the current time and adding a minute or two to that for the backup start time (like I typically would), I accidentally entered the actual current time to the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hometrics
11 Replies
BOOTCDBACKUP(1) 						   bootcd utils 						   BOOTCDBACKUP(1)

NAME
bootcdbackup - create a bootable offline backup of a unix system SYNOPSIS
bootcdbackup [-i] [-v] [-s] [-c <config directory>] [-url <url] [-nomount] [-2diskconf <file>] <dev> <name> <builddir> DESCRIPTION
bootcdbackup creates a offline backup from a installed system. You need a running bootcd to boot the system with. This CD/DVD is booted on the system and bootcdbackup creates a bootable CD/DVD with the bootcd kernel and the backup disk as tar-file. To restore or clone the system, boot the CD/DVD image and install it with bootcd2disk -c <name> on the system. bootcdbackup can try to discover the disk partition by searching for fstab on the given partition. A other way to backup the partition ta- ble is the program bootcdmk2diskconf which creates a configuration file on a running system. OPTIONS
-i The bootcdbackup runs in interactive mode and you can run each function manually. This option is useful for debugging. -v The option "-v" (verbose) adds messages on running. -s This option can be used to disable interactive questions and to try to ignore errors. -c <config directory> The configuration directory which includes the file "bootcdbackup.conf", default is "/etc/bootcd". -url <url> If bootcdbackup is slow on your system (because of a slow CD/DVD drive or the HP ILO virtual CD interface), you can use an image server to get the image from. bootcdbackup use the SWAP partition of your upcoming system as temporary space and copy the image from the configured image server to this partition and use it as image. The image server url is configured with this option. -nomount The target disk should not be mounted and no search for fstab is done. --cpio Normally as backup tool star will be used if selinux files have to be backed up and cpio will be used if not. With this option the usage of cpio can be forced. --star Normally as backup tool star will be used if selinux files have to be backed up and cpio will be used if not. With this option the usage of star can be forced. -2diskconf <file> The parameter configures a bootcd2disk.conf for the restore of the system done by bootcd2disk. The configuration file can be created with the command bootcdmk2diskconf. <dev> Configures the device where bootcdbackup finds the file "fstab" and discover the configuration for the restore. <name> The name of the backup (no blanks!) is used on the creation time and to restore the backup with bootcd2disk -c <name>. <builddir> Builddir is an directory on the backup system where bootcdbackup build the backup CD/DVD. Space for the CD/DVD image, for compression and the data is needed! All other configuration has to be done in the config files. FILES
/etc/bootcd/bootcdbackup.conf Configuration for bootcdbackup. SEE ALSO
Documentation in bootcdbackup.conf bootcdbackup.conf(5), bootcd(1), bootcdflopcp(1), bootcdwrite(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bernd Schumacher <bernd.schumacher@hp.com> and Carsten Dinkelmann <Carsten.Dinkelmann@foobar-cpa.de> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). bootcdbackup 2007-07-05 BOOTCDBACKUP(1)