Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Send SMS to mobile
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Send SMS to mobile Post 303044476 by Neo on Monday 24th of February 2020 01:48:28 AM
Old 02-24-2020
Update:

I have been doing a lot of Device / Server <--> MQTT <--> Node-RED <--> Device / Server / Mobile Phone recently.

In that work, I trying using a number of SMS gateway services; and all worked "slow" and delivered alerts between 1 and 2 minutes after the server sends the alert. Furthermore, their customer agreements (for example nexmo) say "up to 24 hours" to deliver an SMS message.

So, I switch gears and switched to sending messages using Telegram, and it works almost instantly.

Code:
Device / Server  <--> MQTT <--> Node-RED <--> Telegram <--> Device / Server / Mobile Phone

The Telegram module for Node-RED works well, although it can be a bit tricky to set up the first time (getting the chatid can be confusing); but after a short learning curve, this is a great combo:
  • Linux server Sends MQTT messages to MQTT broker.
  • Node-RED listens for MQTT topic.
  • Node-RED processes MQTT topic when received; and then,
  • Node-RED sends alert or message via Telegram to mobile phone.

This works well, and is FREE (except for your standard Internet fees, so it is no additional costs for most people).
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

can anyone send sms application

actually i need this sms application ,to gain some knowledge in linux platform. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parvathy
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Send SMS from PC to mobile phones

Hi All, Can any expert provide me a guide on how i can send SMS from pc to mobile phone using VBA or some other language ? I am a newbie in networking. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raynon
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script which will run every 10minutes and Send SMS to mobile

Hello Genuis guys, I am running Aix5 and Oracle 9 on it. I have sql query which only count a particular rows. I need to prepare a script which will run that sql query every 10 minutes and if the ouput count is greate than 20. It will send SMS to mobile numbers. Need your kind help to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to send SMS

Hey guys I was wondering how to go about creating a bash script to send SMS..any ideas are appreciated.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackzeus
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to set up UNIX script to send sms on mobile

Hi All, Can anyone please help in setting up Unix script for sending text messages on mobile?? Actually scenario is we want notification when there is any failures in our processes or if any service goes down we must be notified by a text message on our mobile, we already have email... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NikhilM
3 Replies

6. AIX

send SMS via curl

I need from aix to send an SMS, you know if the command curl serves me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
3 Replies
sysdef(1M)                                                System Administration Commands                                                sysdef(1M)

NAME
sysdef - output system definition SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/sysdef [-i] [-n namelist] /usr/sbin/sysdef [-h] [-d] [-i] [-D] DESCRIPTION
The sysdef utility outputs the current system definition in tabular form. It lists all hardware devices, as well as pseudo devices, system devices, loadable modules, and the values of selected kernel tunable parameters. It generates the output by analyzing the named bootable operating system file (namelist) and extracting the configuration information from it. The default system namelist is /dev/kmem. OPTIONS
-i Prints the configuration information from /dev/kmem. This is the default and only needs to be specified if the configura- tion information from both /dev/kmem and the system file specified with the "-n namelist" option is needed. -nnamelist Specifies a namelist other than the default (/dev/kmem). The namelist specified must be a valid bootable operating system. -h Prints the identifier of the current host in hexadecimal. This numeric value is unique across all Sun hosts. -d The output includes the configuration of system peripherals formatted as a device tree. -D For each system peripheral in the device tree, display the name of the device driver used to manage the peripheral. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample output format The following example displays the format of the sysdef -d output: example% sysdef -d Node 'SUNW,Ultra-5_10', unit #-1 Node 'packages', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'terminal-emulator', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'deblocker', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'obp-tftp', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'disk-label', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'SUNW,builtin-drivers', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'sun-keyboard', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'ufs-file-system', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'chosen', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'openprom', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'client-services', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'options', unit #0 Node 'aliases', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'memory', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'virtual-memory', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'pci', unit #0 Node 'pci', unit #0 Node 'ebus', unit #0 Node 'auxio', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'power', unit #0 Node 'SUNW,pll', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'se', unit #0 (no driver) Node 'su', unit #0 Node 'su', unit #1 Node 'ecpp', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'fdthree', unit #0 Node 'eeprom', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'flashprom', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'SUNW,CS4231', unit #0 (no driver) Node 'network', unit #0 Node 'SUNW,m64B', unit #0 Node 'ide', unit #0 Node 'disk', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'cdrom', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'sd', unit #1 Node 'dad', unit #1 Node 'pci', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'pseudo', unit #0 [output truncated] FILES
/dev/kmem default operating system image ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hostid(1), prtconf(1M), nlist(3ELF), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 4 Oct 2004 sysdef(1M)