Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FC disk and ioinfo
Operating Systems AIX FC disk and ioinfo Post 303044434 by Phat on Friday 21st of February 2020 06:20:19 AM
Old 02-21-2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxmaus
I would not be so concerned about the duplicates - we had that a lot on our old boxes with no issues.
Anyways, as your have an OS already, can you see the virtual adapter itself on the VM ?
Hello,

I can see virtual adapter on both VIO and lpar. On VIO, I can see the port logged in and VIO recognize the name of lpar as well.

I decided to stop on this, as I figure out that, when I ask the storage admin to unzone the physical fiber adapter wwpn on VIO, but the LUN is still there, the multipath/link still "Enabled" instead of missing. I concluded there is something wrong at their end Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

2. Linux

How to Calculate Disk Queue length and Disk Busy Time

Hi, Am doing an enhancements related to monitoring a Linux disk I/O statistics. The /proc/diskstats file is used to get the each disk I/O statistics. But, It returns the raw value. How to calculate the Disk Queue Length and Disk Busy time from the raw values. Guide me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maruthu
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Convert from raw disk to solaris volume manager disk

I have a solaris 10 system configured using NetApp as its storage, and the file systems are already configured as you can see from the example below: root@moneta # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 9.8G 513M 9.3G 6% /... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies

4. AIX

Clone or mirror your AIX OS larger disk to smaller disk ?

hello folks, I have a 300GB ROOTVG volume groups with one filesystem /backup having 200GB allocated space Now, I cannot alt disk clone or mirrorvg this hdisk with another smaller disk. The disk size has to be 300GB; I tried alt disk clone and mirrorvg , it doesn't work. you cannot copy LVs as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
9 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies

6. AIX

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrya
3 Replies
fza(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    fza(4)

Name
       fza - DEFZA FDDI Network Interface

Syntax
       device fza0 at ibus? vector fzaintr

Description
       The  interface  is  a  high  speed  TURBOchannel  bus to a 100 Mbit/second Fiber Distributed Data Interface (FDDI) timed token ring network
       adapter.  The interface allows the host system to be an FDDI single attachment station.

The host's Internet address is specified at boot time with an SIOCSIFADDR ioctl.  The interface employs	the  address  resolution  protocol
       described in to map dynamically between Internet and FDDI addresses on the local network.

The maximum frame size for the interface is 4500 bytes, which is substantially larger that the 1500 bytes maximum packet size of the Ether-
       net interfaces. The interface does not support the BSD trailer encapsulation, which is specific to the VAX architecture.

The SIOCRPHYSADDR ioctl can be used to read the physical address of the DEFZA adapter. The physical address of the DEFZA adapter can not be
       changed.

The  SIOCADDMULTI  and  SIOCDELMULTI  ioctls  can  be  used  to	add  or delete multicast addresses.  The DEFZA supports up to 64 multicast
       addresses.

The SIOCRDCTRS ioctl can be used to read the FDDI driver counters.  The DEFZA adapter status and characteristics can also be  read  through
       this ioctl by providing a FDDI_STATUS flag . The argument to this ioctl is a pointer to a counter or status structure, found in <net/if.h>.

The SIOCENABLBACK and SIOCDISABLBACK ioctls can be used to enable and disable the interface loopback mode, respectively.

The SIOCEEUPDATE ioctl can be used to update the adapter's firmware.

The SIOCIFRESET ioctl can be used to reset the adapter.

Diagnostics
       Diagnostic error messages contain information provided by the driver. For example:

fza%d: fzaprobe selftest failed
       The DEFZA adapter did not pass the power-up selftest during autoconfiguration.
       fza%d: port init failed
       The DEFZA adapter cannot be initialized.
       fza%d: port in the Halt State -> CNS hardware fault
       The DEFZA adapter went to the Halt state because of an adapter firmware fault.
       fza%d: LINK unavailable
       The network link went down which means that the station is not on the FDDI ring.
       fza%d: Ring Init Received
       A Ring Initialization unsolicited event has been received from the fza%d interface.

See Also
       arp(4p), inet(4f), intro(4n)

fza(4)