Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to force multicast packet to go via different interface? Post 303044374 by hicksd8 on Thursday 20th of February 2020 05:33:40 AM
Old 02-20-2020
I've read your post a number of times but I still don't understand exactly what you are trying to do.

This is all Solaris 10? One global zone (Solaris 10) and seven non-global zones (all Solaris 10)?

One of the non-global zones you want to change its routing? The other six zones are routing okay?

To start with, what default gateways are these zones configured to and reading at boot time?

Please post the configuration of one working zone and the faulty routing zone.
Code:
# cat /etc/defaultrouter

(This, of course, assumes that you haven't executed commands to change the routing since boot-time, but it's somewhere to start.)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Joining multicast group on IPADDR_ANY - which interface?

Hello all, I have the following question: if you join a multicast group (with setsockopt() and IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP) and specify INADDR_ANY as network interface to join on, the kernel is supposed to choose which interface to use (if there are multiple network interfaces, of course). Does... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlexI
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Double question: Apache mod_proxy and force connection over specific interface

Double question here ... Running on Debian Etch and Apache 2.0 1) Using mod_proxy and/or mod_proxy_http in apache 2.0. The basics of using mod_proxy are pretty simple so long as you're using a static config. I'm trying to figure out how to do it dynamically - that is, allow the entry of a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Halfwalker
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Reboot, System is Frozen at setting interface for multicast HELP

I'm not an advanced user by any strech, that being said here is my problem: I ran "reboot" on a sun blade 2500 When loading up it runs through the usual routine, checking disks, filesystems and then it locks up after the following message: ***** starting rpc services: rpcbind... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eyukins
6 Replies

4. Solaris

How to force the LAN interface running on 10M

Hi all, I would like to force the LAN card to use 10MB instead of 100MB in UNIX enviroment, please help. thanks! :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Felixkoo
3 Replies

5. Solaris

how to force e1000g0 interface in solaris 10

Hi all, I encounter some problem with my e1000g interface running on sol 10. I can't permanently change the auto-nego to disable, if i use ndd commands, it will only stay until the next reboot. But i can't change the link speed either is set to /etc/init.d/nddconfig or using ndd commands. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mailbox80
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

How to determine network interface that will be used to send a packet for an IP

Hello, I'm writing to you because I encountered the following problem. My program displayes all network interfaces that are available in the system, but I would like to add a functionality in which a user can enter a destination address IP (ex. the IP address of the Google search engine) and will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: foxrafi
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Packet loss on ce interface.

Hi, I am using the ce interface on my Solaris 9 server and there is significant packet loss when transmitting large packets. Does anyone have a fix for this? ----10.1.0.0 PING Statistics---- 51 packets transmitted, 42 packets received, 17% packet loss round-trip (ms) min/avg/max =... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
12 Replies

8. AIX

Packet loss coming with big packet size ping

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies

9. IP Networking

Packet going out of wrong interface due to OS automatically added cache route with lower metric

RHEL 7.0, IPV6 Scenario: I have routed specific network using network scripts. 1. "ip -6 route show" shows that route has been added. ( with metric 1024) 2. Ping of the specific IP through that route is successful. 3. Now after few days, for some reason, we see that cache route appears for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msr1981
3 Replies
if_mpadm(1M)                                              System Administration Commands                                              if_mpadm(1M)

NAME
if_mpadm - change operational status of interfaces within a multipathing group SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/if_mpadm -d interface_name /usr/sbin/if_mpadm -r interface_name DESCRIPTION
Use the if_mpadm utility to change the operational status of interfaces that are part of an IP multipathing group. If the interface is operational, you can use if_mpadm -d to detach or off-line the interface. If the interface is off-lined, use if_mpadm -r to revert it to its original state. When a network interface is off-lined, all network access fails over to a different interface in the IP multipathing group. Any addresses that do not failover are brought down. Network access includes unicast, broadcast, and multicast for IPv4 and unicast and multicast for IPv6. Addresses marked with IFF_NOFAILOVER do not failover. They are marked down. After an interface is off-lined, the system will not use the interface for any outbound or inbound traffic, and the interface can be safely removed from the system without any loss of network access. The if_mpadm utility can be applied only to interfaces that are part of an IP multipathing group. OPTIONS
The if_mpadm utility supports the following options: -d interface_name Detach or off-line the interface specified by interface_name. -r interface_name Reattach or undo the previous detach or off-line operation on the interface specified by interface_name. Unless the -d option was used to detach or off-line the interface, this option will fail. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Detaching an Interface Use the following command to off-line or detach the interface. All network access will failover from hme0 to other interfaces in the same IP multipathing group. If no other interfaces are in the same group, the operation will fail. example% if_mpadm -d hme0 Example 2: Reattaching an Off-line Interface Use the following command to undo the previous operation. Network access will failback to hme0. example% if_mpdadm -r hme0 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), in.mpathd(1M), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
off-line failed as there is no other functional interface available in the multipathing group for failing over the network access. This message means that other interfaces in the group are failed over already or the multipathing configuration was not suitable for com- pleting a failover. off-line cannot be undone because multipathing configuration is not consistent across all the interfaces in the group. This message means that some interfaces in the IP multipathing group are not configured consistently with other interfaces in the group, for example, one of the interfaces in the group does not have an IFF_NOFAILOVER address. SunOS 5.10 3 Sep 2002 if_mpadm(1M)