Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers awk to convert CSV into colums Post 303044364 by loktamann on Thursday 20th of February 2020 04:13:39 AM
Old 02-20-2020
All 3 resolutions worked for me perfectly. Thank you so much. you guys never fail to help out. Thanks again!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert this into csv using awk/shell script

Hi Scripting gurus, I need to convert following text snippet into csv. please help Input heading1 = data1 heading2 = data2 .. .. heading n = data n heading 1 = data1 .. .. Output data1,data2,....,data n (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: azs0309
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two csv files by two colums and create third file combining data from them.

I've got two large csv text table files with different number of columns each. I have to compare them based on first two columns and create resulting file that would in case of matched first two columns include all values from first one and all values (except first two colums) from second one. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: agb2008
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to convert csv to html

Hi Written some script to convert csv to html but could not add table headers.Below are the errors iam getting ./csv2html | more + awk -v border=1 -v width=10 -v bgcolor=black -v fgcolor=white BEGIN { printf("<table border=\"%d\" bordercolor=\"%s\" width=\"%d\"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeebala1981
2 Replies

4. Programming

awk script to convert a text file into csv format

hi...... thanks for allowing me to start a discussion i am collecting usb usage details of all users and convert it into csv files so that i can export it into some database.. the input text file is as follows:- USB History Dump by nabiy (c)2008 (1) --- Kingston DataTraveler 130 USB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: certteam
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk convert xml to csv

Hi, I have an xml file and I want to convert it with awk in to a csv file Test.xml <Worksheet ss:Name="Map1"> <Table ss:ExpandedColumnCount="2" ss:ExpandedRowCount="2" x:FullColumns="1" x:FullRows="1" ss:DefaultColumnWidth="60"> <Row> <Cell><Data... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: research3
6 Replies

6. Solaris

awk - Print variable number of colums from a starting column

Hi guys, I usualy am able to google awk stuff but I can't find it so far and there are so many awking gurus here that I will give it a shot. I want to print $1;$3;"$5 up to the $NF". In other words, I can have 1000 colums, but need to have $5 up to the end. I started with the idea of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: plmachiavel
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on convert rows to colums

Need help to convert the following data Account name: admin Role: admin Description: Administrator Enabled: Yes to Account Name Role Description Enabled admin admin Administrator Yes Perl or AWK? Thanks San (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanguy
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to convert a text file to CSV file with some string manipulation

Hi , I have a simple text file with contents as below: 12345678900 971,76 4234560890 22345678900 5971,72 5234560990 32345678900 71,12 6234560190 the new csv-file should be like: Column1;Column2;Column3;Column4;Column5 123456;78900;971,76;423456;0890... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: FreddyDaKing
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML to CSV using awk or shell script

Hello, I am working on a part of code where I need a awk or shell script to convert the given XML file to CSV or TXT file. There are multiple xml files and of different structure, so a single script is required for converting data. I did find a lot of solutions in the forum but... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rashmitha
16 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk on multiple colums

HI, I need to filter my data based on 3 different columns. Two of the columns are unique so it worked if u use something like grep 'PASS.*HIGH|HIGH.*PASS' file.tsv However the other column is not unique .. So basically I want to extract out lines that match only match these 3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: janshamsani
4 Replies
JOBCONTROL(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     JOBCONTROL(8)

NAME
jobcontrols - per-job controls for HylaFAX servers DESCRIPTION
The HylaFAX configuration parameter JobControlCmd specifies the script that is used to apply per-job controls on job characteristics such as the time-of-day to place a call. The controls program should produce a simple line-based ASCII output containing a series of records of the form: param: value which is parsed the same manner as all HylaFAX config files. Parameter values are parsed exactly as specified in hylafax-config(5); i.e. values with embedded whitespace may be enclosed in quote marks (``"''). Comments are introduced with a ``#'' character and extend to the end of the line. The order of entries in the output is important. The last parameter value overrides any previous values. If the requested parameter is defined in the output, then the last value is returned, otherwise a default value is used from the faxq configuration file. The following parameters may be specified on a per-job basis; consult hylafax-config(5) for a description of each parameter (except Reject- Notice which is described below). Tag Type Default Description MaxConcurrentCalls integer 1 max concurrent jobs to process for a destination MaxDials integer unlimited max phone calls to make to transmit a job MaxSendPages integer unlimited max pages to permit in a send MaxTries integer 3 max attempts to transmit a job Modem string Any ModemGroup to use for destination RejectNotice string - rejection notice for transmit job TimeOfDay string Any default time-of-day restrictions VRes integer - Vertical resolution UseXVRes integer - Usage of extended resolutions The Modem parameter controls which ModemGroup is used in sending faxes to the destination. If the user assigns a ModemGroup for a specific job where all modems are outside of this ModemGroup matching a destination, then the value of Modem is overridden by the user's assignment. Likewise, if the user assigns a ModemGroup for a specific job where some, but not all, of the modems are included in this ModemGroup match- ing a destination, then the value of Modem is overridden by the inclusive set of modems found in both. The RejectNotice parameter controls whether or not to reject jobs to the destination. Jobs that are rejected are done so without placing a phone call and the associated message is returned to the job submitter. This facility can be used to disallow calling sensitive phone num- bers; for example RejectNotice: "Calls to emergency numbers are not permitted" The VRes parameter controls the vertical resolution. Possible values are 98 (normal resolution, equivalent to sendfax -l option) and 196 (fine resolution, equivalent to sendfax -m option). The UseXVRes parameter is used to enable or disable the usage of extended resolutions supported by the receiver. Possible values are 1 (enable extended resolutions usage, equivalent to sendfax -G option) and 0 (disable extended resolutions usage). This parameter supersedes the usage of VRes. In addition to the above parameters, any other parameters that are specified are automatically accumulated and passed to programs invoked by faxq, such as faxsend and pagesend. This is a convenient mechanism for defining configuration parameters for all modems without having to modify each modem-specific configuration file. For example, SessionTracing: 0x4f This mechanism also makes it easy to control transmit-related parameters according to the destination phone number. For example, to dis- able use of ECM and restrict the transmit speed when placing international phone calls one might use: DesiredBR: 3 DesiredEC: 0 DesiredDF: 1 NOTES
SEE ALSO
faxq(8), hylafax-config(5), re_format(7). Mar 27, 2006 JOBCONTROL(8)