Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to force multicast packet to go via different interface? Post 303044360 by Neo on Thursday 20th of February 2020 03:56:44 AM
Old 02-20-2020
You did not mention, are you running a dynamic routing protocol like OSPF, RIP, EIGRP or IS-IS in your network?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Joining multicast group on IPADDR_ANY - which interface?

Hello all, I have the following question: if you join a multicast group (with setsockopt() and IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP) and specify INADDR_ANY as network interface to join on, the kernel is supposed to choose which interface to use (if there are multiple network interfaces, of course). Does... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlexI
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Double question: Apache mod_proxy and force connection over specific interface

Double question here ... Running on Debian Etch and Apache 2.0 1) Using mod_proxy and/or mod_proxy_http in apache 2.0. The basics of using mod_proxy are pretty simple so long as you're using a static config. I'm trying to figure out how to do it dynamically - that is, allow the entry of a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Halfwalker
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Reboot, System is Frozen at setting interface for multicast HELP

I'm not an advanced user by any strech, that being said here is my problem: I ran "reboot" on a sun blade 2500 When loading up it runs through the usual routine, checking disks, filesystems and then it locks up after the following message: ***** starting rpc services: rpcbind... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eyukins
6 Replies

4. Solaris

How to force the LAN interface running on 10M

Hi all, I would like to force the LAN card to use 10MB instead of 100MB in UNIX enviroment, please help. thanks! :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Felixkoo
3 Replies

5. Solaris

how to force e1000g0 interface in solaris 10

Hi all, I encounter some problem with my e1000g interface running on sol 10. I can't permanently change the auto-nego to disable, if i use ndd commands, it will only stay until the next reboot. But i can't change the link speed either is set to /etc/init.d/nddconfig or using ndd commands. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mailbox80
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

How to determine network interface that will be used to send a packet for an IP

Hello, I'm writing to you because I encountered the following problem. My program displayes all network interfaces that are available in the system, but I would like to add a functionality in which a user can enter a destination address IP (ex. the IP address of the Google search engine) and will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: foxrafi
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Packet loss on ce interface.

Hi, I am using the ce interface on my Solaris 9 server and there is significant packet loss when transmitting large packets. Does anyone have a fix for this? ----10.1.0.0 PING Statistics---- 51 packets transmitted, 42 packets received, 17% packet loss round-trip (ms) min/avg/max =... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
12 Replies

8. AIX

Packet loss coming with big packet size ping

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies

9. IP Networking

Packet going out of wrong interface due to OS automatically added cache route with lower metric

RHEL 7.0, IPV6 Scenario: I have routed specific network using network scripts. 1. "ip -6 route show" shows that route has been added. ( with metric 1024) 2. Ping of the specific IP through that route is successful. 3. Now after few days, for some reason, we see that cache route appears for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msr1981
3 Replies
ln(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							     ln(4)

Name
       ln - Lance Ethernet interface

Syntax
       device ln0 at ibus? vector lnintr

Description
       The interface provides access to a 10 Mb/s Ethernet network through the Lance controller.

The  host's  Internet  address  is specified at boot time with an SIOCSIFADDR ioctl.  The interface employs the address resolution protocol
       described in to map dynamically between Internet and Ethernet addresses on the local network.

The interface normally tries to use a trailer encapsulation to minimize copying data on input and output.  This	can  be  disabled  for	an
       interface by setting the IFF_NOTRAILERS flag with an SIOCSIFFLAGS ioctl.  Trailers are only used for packets destined for Internet hosts.

The  SIOCSPHYSADDR ioctl can be used to change the physical address of the Lance.  The SIOCRPHYSADDR ioctl can be used to read the physical
       address of the Lance.

The SIOCADDMULTI and SIOCDELMULTI ioctls can be used to add or delete multicast addresses.  The Lance recognizes a maximum of 12  multicast
       addresses.

The  SIOCRDCTRS	and  SIOCRDZCTRS ioctls can be used to read or ``read and clear'' the Ethernet driver counters.  The argument to these two
       ioctls is a pointer to a counter structure, found in

The SIOCENABLBACK and SIOCDISABLBACK ioctls can be used to enable and disable the interface loopback mode respectively.

Diagnostics
       The diagnostic error messages contain relevant information provided by the Lance.

ln%d: can't handle af%d
       The interface was handed a message with addresses formated in an unsuitable address family, and the packet was dropped.

ln%d: memory error (MERR)
       A memory parity error has occurred.

ln%d: lnalloc: cannot alloc memory ...
       The driver was unable to allocate memory for internal data structures.

ln%d: initialization error
       The driver was unable to initialize the network interface.

ln%d: SIOCADDMULTI fail, multicast list full
       Too many multicast requests have been made.

See Also
       arp(4p), inet(4f), intro(4n)

ln(4)