Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to force multicast packet to go via different interface? Post 303044360 by Neo on Thursday 20th of February 2020 03:56:44 AM
Old 02-20-2020
You did not mention, are you running a dynamic routing protocol like OSPF, RIP, EIGRP or IS-IS in your network?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Joining multicast group on IPADDR_ANY - which interface?

Hello all, I have the following question: if you join a multicast group (with setsockopt() and IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP) and specify INADDR_ANY as network interface to join on, the kernel is supposed to choose which interface to use (if there are multiple network interfaces, of course). Does... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlexI
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Double question: Apache mod_proxy and force connection over specific interface

Double question here ... Running on Debian Etch and Apache 2.0 1) Using mod_proxy and/or mod_proxy_http in apache 2.0. The basics of using mod_proxy are pretty simple so long as you're using a static config. I'm trying to figure out how to do it dynamically - that is, allow the entry of a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Halfwalker
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Reboot, System is Frozen at setting interface for multicast HELP

I'm not an advanced user by any strech, that being said here is my problem: I ran "reboot" on a sun blade 2500 When loading up it runs through the usual routine, checking disks, filesystems and then it locks up after the following message: ***** starting rpc services: rpcbind... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eyukins
6 Replies

4. Solaris

How to force the LAN interface running on 10M

Hi all, I would like to force the LAN card to use 10MB instead of 100MB in UNIX enviroment, please help. thanks! :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Felixkoo
3 Replies

5. Solaris

how to force e1000g0 interface in solaris 10

Hi all, I encounter some problem with my e1000g interface running on sol 10. I can't permanently change the auto-nego to disable, if i use ndd commands, it will only stay until the next reboot. But i can't change the link speed either is set to /etc/init.d/nddconfig or using ndd commands. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mailbox80
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

How to determine network interface that will be used to send a packet for an IP

Hello, I'm writing to you because I encountered the following problem. My program displayes all network interfaces that are available in the system, but I would like to add a functionality in which a user can enter a destination address IP (ex. the IP address of the Google search engine) and will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: foxrafi
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Packet loss on ce interface.

Hi, I am using the ce interface on my Solaris 9 server and there is significant packet loss when transmitting large packets. Does anyone have a fix for this? ----10.1.0.0 PING Statistics---- 51 packets transmitted, 42 packets received, 17% packet loss round-trip (ms) min/avg/max =... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
12 Replies

8. AIX

Packet loss coming with big packet size ping

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies

9. IP Networking

Packet going out of wrong interface due to OS automatically added cache route with lower metric

RHEL 7.0, IPV6 Scenario: I have routed specific network using network scripts. 1. "ip -6 route show" shows that route has been added. ( with metric 1024) 2. Ping of the specific IP through that route is successful. 3. Now after few days, for some reason, we see that cache route appears for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msr1981
3 Replies
rtquery(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       rtquery(1M)

NAME
rtquery - query routing daemons for their routing tables SYNOPSIS
rtquery [-np1] [-w timeout] [-r addr] [-a secret] host... rtquery [-t operation] host... DESCRIPTION
The rtquery command is used to query a RIP network routing daemon, in.routed(1M) or GateD, for its routing table by sending a request or poll command. The routing information in any routing response packets returned is displayed numerically and symbolically. By default, rtquery uses the request command. When the -p option is specified, rtquery uses the poll command, an undocumented extension to the RIP protocol supported by GateD. When querying GateD, the poll command is preferred over the request command because the response is not subject to Split Horizon and/or Poisoned Reverse, and because some versions of GateD do not answer the request command. in.routed does not answer the poll command, but recognizes requests coming from rtquery and so answers completely. The rtquery command is also used to turn tracing on or off in in.routed. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a passwd=XXX Causes the query to be sent with the indicated cleartext or MD5 password. -a md5_passwd=XXX|KeyID -n Displays only the numeric network and host addresses instead of both numeric and symbolic names. -p Uses the poll command to request full routing information from GateD. This is an undocumented extension RIP proto- col supported only by GateD. -r addr Asks about the route to destination addr. -t operation Changes tracing, where operation is one of the actions listed below. Requests from processes not running with UID 0 or on distant networks are generally ignored by the daemon except for a message in the system log. GateD is likely to ignore these debugging requests. on=tracefile Turns tracing on, directing tracing into the specified file. That file must have been specified when the daemon was started or have the name, /var/log/in.routed.trace. more Increases the debugging level. off Turns off tracing. dump Dumps the daemon's routing table to the current trace file. -w timeout Changes the delay for an answer from each host. By default, each host is given 15 seconds to respond. -1 Queries using RIP version 1 instead of RIP version 2. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWroute | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
in.routed(1M), route(1M), gateways(4), attributes(5), icmp(7P), inet(7P), udp(7P) Routing Information Protocol, RIPv1, RFC 1058 Routing Information Protocol, RIPv2, RFC 2453, STD 0056 SunOS 5.10 24 Apr 2002 rtquery(1M)