Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FC disk and ioinfo
Operating Systems AIX FC disk and ioinfo Post 303044318 by Phat on Wednesday 19th of February 2020 02:26:04 AM
Old 02-19-2020
I guess you are using vscsi

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

2. Linux

How to Calculate Disk Queue length and Disk Busy Time

Hi, Am doing an enhancements related to monitoring a Linux disk I/O statistics. The /proc/diskstats file is used to get the each disk I/O statistics. But, It returns the raw value. How to calculate the Disk Queue Length and Disk Busy time from the raw values. Guide me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maruthu
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Convert from raw disk to solaris volume manager disk

I have a solaris 10 system configured using NetApp as its storage, and the file systems are already configured as you can see from the example below: root@moneta # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 9.8G 513M 9.3G 6% /... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies

4. AIX

Clone or mirror your AIX OS larger disk to smaller disk ?

hello folks, I have a 300GB ROOTVG volume groups with one filesystem /backup having 200GB allocated space Now, I cannot alt disk clone or mirrorvg this hdisk with another smaller disk. The disk size has to be 300GB; I tried alt disk clone and mirrorvg , it doesn't work. you cannot copy LVs as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
9 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies

6. AIX

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrya
3 Replies
HP(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							     HP(4)

NAME
hp - RH-11/RP04, RP05, RP06 moving-head disk DESCRIPTION
The octal representation of the minor device number is encoded idp, where i is an interleave flag, d is a physical drive number, and p is a pseudodrive (subsection) within a physical unit. If i is 0, the origins and sizes of the pseudodisks on each drive, counted in cylinders of 418 512-byte blocks, are: disk start length 0 0 23 1 23 21 2 0 0 3 0 0 4 44 386 5 430 385 6 44 367 7 44 771 If i is 1, the minor device consists of the specified pseudodisk on drives numbered 0 through the designated drive number. Successively numbered blocks are distributed across the drives in rotation. Systems distributed for these devices use disk 0 for the root, disk 1 for swapping, and disk 4 (RP04/5) or disk 7 (RP06) for a mounted user file system. The block files access the disk via the system's normal buffering mechanism and may be read and written without regard to physical disk records. A `raw' interface provides for direct transmission between the disk and the user's read or write buffer. A single read or write call results in exactly one I/O operation and therefore raw I/O is considerably more efficient when many words are transmitted. The names of the raw files conventionally begin with an extra `r.' In raw I/O the buffer must begin on a word boundary, and raw I/O to an interleaved device is likely to have disappointing results. FILES
/dev/rp?, /dev/rrp? SEE ALSO
rp(4) BUGS
In raw I/O read and write(2) truncate file offsets to 512-byte block boundaries, and write scribbles on the tail of incomplete blocks. Thus, in programs that are likely to access raw devices, read, write and lseek(2) should always deal in 512-byte multiples. Raw device drivers don't work on interleaved devices. HP(4)