Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FC disk and ioinfo
Operating Systems AIX FC disk and ioinfo Post 303044310 by RecoveryOne on Tuesday 18th of February 2020 07:23:52 PM
Old 02-18-2020
Taking a massive stab in the dark, but looks like if you removed the physical hba assigned to the lpar from the lpar and then your path for hdisk0 went missing: Your disks are not coming from the VIO. Without going into an in depth look at your system, are you sure you are presenting disks up from the VIO? Are you sure your lpar has virtual adapters presented up from the VIO? I mean, the whole point of running a VIO is so that takes all (or most) of your adapters so you can present them to the lpars as part of the virtualization layer. There should be very few instances where you need physical adapters assigned the a lpar running under a VIO.

Also from ioinfo from the openfirmware, its common to see that message. openfirmware is not aware so to speak to anything not apart of the system.

IF I manage to find time, I will show you how one of my environments are setup. Currently a lot of cruft on my plate that I must address first. Also, you should note that I'm not using NPIV, and my setup may not be the 'IBM recommended' way.
In the meantime, here's some handy links:
Access Denied
And since you are using npiv:
AIX for System Administrators
This User Gave Thanks to RecoveryOne For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

2. Linux

How to Calculate Disk Queue length and Disk Busy Time

Hi, Am doing an enhancements related to monitoring a Linux disk I/O statistics. The /proc/diskstats file is used to get the each disk I/O statistics. But, It returns the raw value. How to calculate the Disk Queue Length and Disk Busy time from the raw values. Guide me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maruthu
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Convert from raw disk to solaris volume manager disk

I have a solaris 10 system configured using NetApp as its storage, and the file systems are already configured as you can see from the example below: root@moneta # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 9.8G 513M 9.3G 6% /... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies

4. AIX

Clone or mirror your AIX OS larger disk to smaller disk ?

hello folks, I have a 300GB ROOTVG volume groups with one filesystem /backup having 200GB allocated space Now, I cannot alt disk clone or mirrorvg this hdisk with another smaller disk. The disk size has to be 300GB; I tried alt disk clone and mirrorvg , it doesn't work. you cannot copy LVs as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
9 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies

6. AIX

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrya
3 Replies
GLUPARTIALDISK(3G)														GLUPARTIALDISK(3G)

NAME
gluPartialDisk - draw an arc of a disk C SPECIFICATION
void gluPartialDisk( GLUquadric* quad, GLdouble inner, GLdouble outer, GLint slices, GLint loops, GLdouble start, GLdouble sweep ) PARAMETERS
quad Specifies a quadrics object (created with gluNewQuadric). inner Specifies the inner radius of the partial disk (can be 0). outer Specifies the outer radius of the partial disk. slices Specifies the number of subdivisions around the z axis. loops Specifies the number of concentric rings about the origin into which the partial disk is subdivided. start Specifies the starting angle, in degrees, of the disk portion. sweep Specifies the sweep angle, in degrees, of the disk portion. DESCRIPTION
gluPartialDisk renders a partial disk on the z = 0 plane. A partial disk is similar to a full disk, except that only the subset of the disk from start through start + sweep is included (where 0 degrees is along the +y axis, 90 degrees along the +x axis, 180 degrees along the -y axis, and 270 degrees along the -x axis). The partial disk has a radius of outer, and contains a concentric circular hole with a radius of inner. If inner is 0, then no hole is gen- erated. The partial disk is subdivided around the z axis into slices (like pizza slices), and also about the z axis into rings (as speci- fied by slices and loops, respectively). With respect to orientation, the +z side of the partial disk is considered to be outside (see gluQuadricOrientation). This means that if the orientation is set to GLU_OUTSIDE, then any normals generated point along the +z axis. Otherwise, they point along the -z axis. If texturing is turned on (with gluQuadricTexture), texture coordinates are generated linearly such that where r = outer, the value at (r, 0, 0) is (1.0, 0.5), at (0, r, 0) it is (0.5, 1.0), at (-r, 0, 0) it is (0.0, 0.5), and at (0, -r, 0) it is (0.5, 0.0). SEE ALSO
gluCylinder, gluDisk, gluNewQuadric, gluQuadricOrientation, gluQuadricTexture, gluSphere GLUPARTIALDISK(3G)