Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Select unique names while removing the duplicates from a column Post 303044283 by balajesuri on Monday 17th of February 2020 11:34:28 PM
Old 02-18-2020
Of course with -F flag:
Code:
awk -F, '!a[$1]++' file

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to balajesuri For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

select unique values from duplicates in linux

I have values in the variable as so the for loop just fetches one by one params=$'$HEW_SRC_DATABASE_LIB\nprmAttunityUser\nprmAttunityPwd\nprmODBCDataSource\nprmLoadInd\nprmSrc_Lib_ATM\nprmODBCDataSource_ATM' and i have a grep command like this ret=`grep \$y $pf` ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vee_789
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change unique file names into new unique filenames

I have 84 files with the following names splitseqs.1, spliseqs.2 etc. and I want to change the .number to a unique filename. E.g. change splitseqs.1 into splitseqs.7114_1#24 and change spliseqs.2 into splitseqs.7067_2#4 So all the current file names are unique, so are the new file names.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avonm
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select Unique Value

HOW CAN I SELECT AN UNIQUE STRING FROM A FIELD? ACTUALLY I WANT TO PRINT RECORDS THAT 2ND FIELD OF THAT HAVE ONE CHARACTER AND IT MUST BE "P" AWK '$2~"" {PRINT $0}' IN > OUTBUT THIS CODE PRINT ALL RECORDS WHICH 2ND FIELDS OF THEM START WITH "P" AND MAY CONTAINS ANOTHER CHARACTER! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saeed.soltani
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print unique names in each row of a specific column using awk

Is it possible to remove redundant names in the 4th column? input cqWE 100 200 singapore;singapore AZO 300 400 brazil;america;germany;ireland;germany .... .... output cqWE 100 200 singapore AZO 300 400 brazil;america;germany;ireland (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print unique names in a specific column using awk

Is it possible to modify file like this. 1. Remove all the duplicate names in a define column i.e 4th col 2. Count the no.of unique names separated by ";" and print as a 5th col thanx in advance!! Q input c1 30 3 Eh2 c10 96 3 Frp c41 396 3 Ua5;Lop;Kol;Kol c62 2 30 Fmp;Fmp;Fmp ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies

6. Programming

Query to SELECT only Column Names that Contain a Specific String?

Hey Guys, I'm using SQuirreL SQL v3.5 GUI to fetch some data that I need for something I'm working on. I'm also using the IBM Informix Driver (*Version 3.5) to connect to the Database. What I want to do, if it's even possible, is to show all COLUMNS if they contain the word "Email". So in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing rows that contain non-unique column entry

Background: I have a file of thousands of potential SSR primers from Batch Primer 3. I can't use primers that will contain the same sequence ID or sequence as another primer. I have some basic shell scripting skills, but not enough to handle this. What you need to know: I need to remove the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msatseqs
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicates on a single "column" (delimited file)

Hello ! I'm quite new to linux but haven't found a script to do this task, unfortunately my knowledge is quite limited on shellscripts... Could you guys help me removing the duplicate lines of a file, based only on a single "column"? For example: M202034357;01/2008;J30RJ021;Ciclo 01... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rufinofr
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count occurrence of column one unique value having unique second column value

Hello Team, I need your help on the following: My input file a.txt is as below: 3330690|373846|108471 3330690|373846|108471 0640829|459725|100001 0640829|459725|100001 3330690|373847|108471 Here row 1 and row 2 of column 1 are identical but corresponding column 2 value are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Duplicates and unique segregation

Hi All, I have multiple files and i need to segregate unique and duplicates into files. Eg: /source/ -- path abc_12092016.csv abc_11092016.csv abc_12092016.csv ID,NAME,NUMBER 1,XYZ,1234 2,SDF,3456 1,XYZ,1234 abc_11092016.csv 4,RTY,7890 6,WER,5678 8,YUI,0987 6,WER,5678 in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajayr1982
1 Replies
PCLOCK(1)						      General Commands Manual							 PCLOCK(1)

NAME
pclock - pixmap clock SYNOPSIS
pclock [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the pclock command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. pclock is a program that places a small analog clock program on the desktop of X. It was designed to run under the WindowMaker window man- ager. It uses any 64x64 pixmap as a background. OPTIONS
The programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-') and short optoins starting with one dash. A summary of options is included below. -B PIXMAP, --background=PIXMAP Use the given pixmap as the clock background (size must be 64x64). -H COLOR, --hands-color=COLOR Draw the hands (hour, minute and second) in the specified color. -S COLOR, --second-hand-color Draw the second hand in the specified color -h, --help Show summary of options. --hour-hand-length=INT Draw the hour hand with the specified length of INT. --minute-hand-length=INT Draw the minute hand with the specified length of INT. --second-hand-length=INT Draw the second hand with the specified length of INT. --second-hand-width=INT Draw the minute hand with the specified width of INT. -s, --second-hand Don't display the second hand. -v, --version Show version of program. -w, --withdrawn Don't start up in a withdrawn (iconic) state. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Darren Benham <gecko@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). The soft- ware is copyrighted (c) 1998 by and released under the GPL v2. Author: Alexander Kourakos <Alexander@Kourakos.com> Web: http://www.kourakos.com/~awk/pclock/ PCLOCK(1)