Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Create bins with totals and percentage Post 303044096 by jiam912 on Thursday 13th of February 2020 04:16:12 PM
Old 02-13-2020
Dear vgersh99 , the percentage is calculated based in the total sum .

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating totals in AWK

Hello, With the following small script I list the size of documents belonging to a certain user by each time selecting the bytes-field of that file ($7). Now it fills the array with every file it finds so in the end the output of some users contains up to 200.000 numbers. So how can I calculate... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hille
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

summarising totals in awk

awk ' FILENAME == "all" { balance += substr($0,17,13) dt = substr($0,6,8) } END { for ( name in balance ) printf("%013s %3s of %8s\n", balance/100,name,dt) | "sort " } ' all > summation using this code i wanted to take summary totals of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paresh n doshi
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report Totals

Hello, I have written a script in a previous server and its being migrated to a new server. I'm trying to debug my script since i've had to make minor changes to it to get it to work. I'm having a hard time getting my totals to populate here is the syntax DUMP_COUNT=`sqlplus -S... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senormarquez
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Totals in a file - incorrectly displaying

Afternoon, I have a script which creates/modifies data into a formatted csv. The trailer record should display 2 columns, the first is a static entry of "T" to identify it as a trailer record. The 2nd is a total of amounts in a column throughout the entire file. My total isn't displaying... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating frequency of values within bins

Hi, I am working with files containing 2 columns in which i need to come up with the frequency/count of values in col. 2 falling within specifics binned values of col. 1. the contents of a sample file is shown below: 15 12.5 15 11.2 16 0.2 16 1.4 17 1.6 18 4.5 17 5.6 12 8.6 11 7.2 9 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
13 Replies

6. Solaris

Redirecting print to optional output bins

Guys We have a HP P4015 laserjet printer with a 5 bin mailbox attached & configured. We can print to the specific output bins from Oracle e-Business suite, however our print output format is incompatible so it prints out random characters instead of the letter content. I have looked... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s1977
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk solution for taking bins

Hi all, I'm looking for an awk solution for taking bins of data set. For example, if I have two columns of data that I wish to use for a scatter plot, and it contains 5 million lines, how can I take averages of every 100 points, 1000, 10000 etc... The idea is to take bins of the 5,000,000 points... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grand totals in awk

I have a one-liner script like this that gives a total of everything in various directories: for i in *; do (cd $i && cd statelist && echo $i && ls -la |awk 'NR>3 {SUM += $5}\ END { print "Total number of elements " SUM }');done It works just great but at the end I want to print a grand... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to select 2D data bins

I wish to use AWK to do something akin: Select all 2D data with 1<$1<2 and -7.5<$2<-6.5 But it's not working awk 'END {print ($1<=2&&$1>=1&&$2<=-6.5&&$2>=-7.5)}' bla Data: -1.06897 -8.04482 -61.469 -1.13613 -8.04482 -61.2271 -1.00182 -8.04482 -61.2081 -1.06897 -8.13518 -60.8544... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
2 Replies
HISTO(1)						      General Commands Manual							  HISTO(1)

NAME
histo - compute 1-dimensional histogram of N data columns SYNOPSIS
histo [-c][-p] xmin xmax nbins histo [-c][-p] imin imax DESCRIPTION
Histo bins columnular data on the standard input between the given minimum and maximum values. If three command line arguments are given, the third is taken as the number of data bins between the first two real numbers. If only two arguments are given, they are both assumed to be integers, and the number of data bins will be equal to their difference plus one. The bins are always of equal size. The output is N+1 columns of data (for N columns input), where the first column is the centroid of each division, and each row corresponds to the frequencies for each column around that value. If the -c option is present, then histo computes the cumulative histogram for each column instead of the straight frequencies. The upper value of each bin is printed also instead of the centroid. This may be useful in computing percentiles, for example. Values below the minimum specified are still counted in the cumulative total. The -p option tells histo to report the percentage of the total number of input lines rather than the absolute counts. In the case of a cumulative total, this yields the percentile values directly. Values above the maximum are counted as well as values below in this case. All input data is interpreted as real values, and columns must be white-space separated. If any value is less than the minimum or greater than the maximum, it will be ignored unless the -c option is specified. EXAMPLE
To count data values between -1 and 1 in 50 bins: histo -1 1 50 < input.dat To count frequencies of integers between 0 and 255: histo 0 255 < input.dat AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
cnt(1), neaten(1), rcalc(1), rlam(1), tabfunc(1), total(1) RADIANCE
9/6/96 HISTO(1)