Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Poster of the Year 2019 - Jeroen van Dijke Post 303044078 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 13th of February 2020 12:33:48 PM
Old 02-13-2020
Thank Neo, for this great honour and your kind words!

I agree that there are many who deserve this title and I feel honoured to be among them..

I am glad to be part of this wonderful community that helps others so that we continue to provide a welcoming, helpful and embracing environment to everyone and for those that make their first steps here in particular...

Smilie Thanks all and keep up the good work and most of all have fun! Smilie

---
@RavinderSingh: thanks for you kind words! I most certainly remember our conversations when you were starting out on these forums.. Just look at where your hard work and dedication have gotten you Smilie Smilie

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 02-13-2020 at 01:40 PM..
These 5 Users Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Guido van Rossum resigns as Python Leader...

Yup it's true: Transfer of power This will put Python development in disarray. Which reminded me of this thread I posted some time ago: https://www.unix.com/what-is-on-your-mind-/249767-has-python-lost-plot.html MadeInGermany's post 3 is probably one of the reasons but not quoted.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Exactly 1 year ago today, 18-09-2019...

This is mainly for Corona688, today's date 18-09-2019. Remember from little acorns big trees grow a few months ago? Well this is well on the way to 1000+ dls by the end of the year... AMINET from its inception in 1992 is accessed by very, very many and the AMIGA is still loved by millions. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Poster of the Year 2019 Award Announcement and Call for Nominations

Dear All, I am pleased to post that I am announcing a new award, "Poster of the Year 2019" and calling for your nominations (privately to me). This is a new award and I plan to announce the winner for this year (2019) in January 2020. The prizes will be (still working out the details): ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX.com End of Year (EOY) Report (2019)

Here is a quick EOY report for 2019. 2019 has been a year of "downward trend reversal" for UNIX.com. In fact, if we compare total Google search impressions from the peak days in December 2019 to the peak days in mid December 2018, traffic is up 43% percent. That is a very respectable growth... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Moderator of the Year 2019 Award Announcement Only

Dear All, We are happy to post that I will be announcing soon my award for "Moderator of the Year 2019". This is a new award which I plan to announce in December of each year, starting this year (2019). The prizes will be (still working out the details): A Moderator of the Year... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Moderators of the Year 2019 - Ravinder Singh and Victor Berridge

Today, I am very pleased to announce that the Moderator of the Year Award, 2019 has two very deserving winners. Ravinder Singh (RavinderSingh13) and Victor Berridge (vbe) Victor (vbe) has been a member of unix.com close to 15 years (first joined the site in 2005) and has been moderating... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Top Cybersecurity Threats Earth Year 2019 | You Have Been Warned!

You are seeing this new video here first! Top Five Cybersecurity Threats | Earth Year 2019 | You Have Been Warned! https://youtu.be/dRE4u9QVsSg PS: That video has two small typos, but nothing serious. Heck it took nearly 1.5 hours to render even on a 12-core Mac Pro with 64GB of... (20 Replies)
20 Replies
ANNOTATE-OUTPUT(1)					      General Commands Manual						ANNOTATE-OUTPUT(1)

NAME
annotate-output - annotate program output with time and stream SYNOPSIS
annotate-output [options] program [args ...] DESCRIPTION
annotate-output will execute the specified program, while prepending every line with the current time and O for stdout and E for stderr. OPTIONS
+FORMAT Controls the timestamp format, as per date(1). Defaults to "%H:%M:%S". -h, --help Display a help message and exit successfully. EXAMPLE
$ annotate-output make 21:41:21 I: Started make 21:41:21 O: gcc -Wall program.c 21:43:18 E: program.c: Couldn't compile, and took me ages to find out 21:43:19 E: collect2: ld returned 1 exit status 21:43:19 E: make: *** [all] Error 1 21:43:19 I: Finished with exitcode 2 BUGS
Since stdout and stderr are processed in parallel, it can happen that some lines received on stdout will show up before later-printed stderr lines (and vice-versa). This is unfortunately very hard to fix with the current annotation strategy. A fix would involve switching to PTRACE'ing the process. Giving nice a (much) higher priority over the executed program could however cause this behaviour to show up less frequently. The program does not work as well when the output is not linewise. In particular, when an interactive program asks for input, the question might not be shown until after you have answered it. This will give the impression that the annotated program has hung, while it has not. SEE ALSO
date(1) SUPPORT
This program is community-supported (meaning: you'll need to fix it yourself). Patches are however appreciated, as is any feedback (posi- tive or negative). AUTHOR
annotate-output was written by Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl> This manpage comes under the same copyright as annotate-output itself, read /usr/bin/annotate-output (or wherever you install it) for the details. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities ANNOTATE-OUTPUT(1)