Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Export Oracle multiple tables to multiple csv files using UNIX shell scripting Post 303043789 by Hope on Thursday 6th of February 2020 09:02:00 PM
Old 02-06-2020
Here is another try, Any body who can make this more efficient? I don't want to use the setting and the sql connection more than once.
Thanks ,
Hope

Code:
FIle = "geo_JOB.csv"

sqlplus -s dev01/password@dEV3 <<EOF

SET HEADING ON
SET WRAP OFF
SET TRIMSPOOL ON
SET TRIMOUT ON
SET PAGESIZE 50000
SET COLSEP ","
SET LINESIZE 500
SET NEWPAGE NONE
SET FEEDBACK OFF
SET VERIFY OFF
SET UNDERLINE OFF

SPOOL $FILE

SELECT * FROM geo_JOB ;

SPOOL OFF
EXIT
EOF

FIle = "geo_JOB2.csv"

sqlplus -s dev01/password@dEV3 <<EOF

SET HEADING ON
SET WRAP OFF
SET TRIMSPOOL ON
SET TRIMOUT ON
SET PAGESIZE 50000
SET COLSEP ","
SET LINESIZE 500
SET NEWPAGE NONE
SET FEEDBACK OFF
SET VERIFY OFF
SET UNDERLINE OFF

SPOOL $FILE

SELECT * FROM geo_JOB2 ;

SPOOL OFF
EXIT
EOF

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script to export data from csv file to oracle database

Hello people, Need favour. The problem I have is that, I need to develop a unix shell script that performs recurring exports of data from a csv file to an oracle database. Basically, the csv file contains just the first name and last name will be dumped to an Unix server. The data from these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayagan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add multiple .csv files as sheets to an excel file in unix.

Hi, I am using Solaris 8. My script outputs 4 .csv files. Currently I am SFTPing the files and creating a new excel file with the 4 files as sheets. Can anyone suggest ways to do this in UNIX ? Thanks, David. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: libin4u2000
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading data from multiple tables from Oracle DB

Hi , I want to read the data from 9 tables in oracle DB into 9 different files in the same connection instance (session). I am able to get data from one table to one file with below code : X=`sqlplus -s user/pwd@DB <<eof select col1 from table1; EXIT; eof` echo $X>myfile Can anyone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: net
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to process multiple input files using Shell scripting

Hi, I would like to write a for loop that does the following: I have a file called X.txt and other files called 1.txt,2.txt, .....,1000.txt. I want to substitute the 6th column of the file X.txt with 1.txt and store the output as X.1. Then I want to do the same with X.txt and 2.txt and store... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run multiple functions in Background in UNIX Shell Scripting?

Hi, I am using ksh , i have requirement to run 4 functions in background , 4 functions call are available in a case that case is also in function, i need to execute 1st function it should run in background and return to case and next i will call 2nd function it should run in background and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning multiple column's value from Oracle query to multiple variables in UNIX

Hi All, I need to read values of 10 columns from oracle query and assign the same to 10 unix variables. The query will return only one record(row). I tried to append all these columns using a delimiter(;) in the select query and assign the same to a single variable(V) in unix. I thought I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkrishnan91
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding total distinct count from multiple csv files through UNIX script

Hi All , I have multiple pipe delimited csv files are present in a directory.I need to find out distinct count on a column on those files and need the total distinct count on all files. We can't merge all the files here as file size are huge in millions.I have tried in below way for each... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: STCET22
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tabbed multiple csv files into one single excel file with using shell script not perl

Hi Experts, I am querying backup status results for multiple databases and getting each and every database result in one csv file. so i need to combine all csv files in one excel file with separate tabs. I am not familiar with perl script so i am using shell script. Could anyone please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramakrk2
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting - Select multiple files from numbered list

I am trying to have the user select two files from a numbered list which will eventually be turned into a variable then combined. This is probably something simple and stupid that I am doing. clear echo "Please Select the Show interface status file" select FILE1 in *; echo "Please Select the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dis0wned
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to read multiple files at same time through UNIX scripting?

How to read multiple files at simultaneously? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priyanka_M
1 Replies
OWX(1)							      General Commands Manual							    OWX(1)

NAME
owx - utility to program Wouxun dual-band handheld radios SYNOPSIS
owx-check [ -v | -h ] [ -f ] [ -p <port> ] [ -t <timeout> ] owx-get [ -v | -h ] [ -f ] [ -p <port> ] [ -t <timeout> ] -o <path> owx-put [ -v | -h ] [ -f ] [ -p <port> ] [ -t <timeout> ] -i <path> -r <path> owx-export [ -v | -h ] -i <bin path> -o <csv path> owx-import [ -v | -h ] -i <csv path> -o <bin path> DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the owx commands. owx is a set of commands that will allow you to fetch and update configuration on your Wouxun handheld radio. It is made of multiple com- mands. COMMON OPTIONS
These options are common to all commands. -h Show summary of options. -v Show version of program. -c <command> Invoke owx-<command>. Makes sense only if called directly as owx. OPTIONS FOR check, get AND put -f Force operation even if your radio identifies different from a KG669V. Use this option with extreme caution - it is very possible that your radio will be rendered unusable after you use this. It was NEVER tested with any radio different from mentoined above. -p <port> Use port <port>, defaults to /dev/ttyUSB0. Of course you must have appropriate read and write permissions for this device. -t <timeout> Specify the receive timeout for communication with radio. If you disable it (by setting to 0) and the communication fails, the pro- gram will hang forever. You probably don't need to change the default value (5 seconds). USAGE
owx-check This program just checks for the connection and identification string. It can be used to check that your cable and port works. owx-get This program downloads memory map from radio to binary file. Options: -o <path>: binary file to write to owx-put This program uploads memory map from binary file to radio. Options: -i <path>: binary file to read from -r <path>: reference file Option -r is not mandatory, but recommended. You can specify original, unchanged file (exactly as downloaded using owx-get) and this will speed up memory uploading, as owx will compare input file to this reference file and upload only changed memory pages. When using this option, be sure that nothing has changed in the radio (even the currently selected memory channel) between downloading reference file and using it for upload. This is important as some variables that cross the page boundaries (if there are any in the memory map) could be corrupted by this. Example: owx-get -o file.bin cp file.bin backup.bin owx-export -i file.bin -o wouxun.csv oocalc wouxun.csv owx-import -i wouxun.csv -o file.bin owx-put -i file.bin -r backup.bin Please do yourself a favour and double-check that you upload the correct file. If you try to upload incorrect or corrupted file, your radio will power down and fail to power up. owx will refuse to upload any file with incorrect size, but this is the only safety check. owx-export This program exports channel data from binary file to CSV file. This file can be later edited using your favourite spreadsheet edi- tor or even text editor. Options: -i <path>: binary file to read from -o <path>: csv file to write to owx-import This program reads the specified, possibly edited by you CSV file, and patches existing binary file with this updated data. The file is now prepared to be uploaded with owx-put. Options: -i <path>: csv file to read from -o <path>: binary file to write to (must already exist) SEE ALSO
chirp(1), the README file. AUTHOR
owx was written by SP5GOF (Adam Wysocki). This manual page was written by Antoine Beaupre <anarcat@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). October 26, 2011 OWX(1)