Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Export Oracle multiple tables to multiple csv files using UNIX shell scripting Post 303043720 by RudiC on Wednesday 5th of February 2020 04:16:56 AM
Old 02-05-2020
More details, please. Like script behaviour, execution logs, undesired results, error messages, what have you. It's difficult to base an analysis on thin air... and we have nothing.

Might be worthwhile to clarify some wording in your request: You're using "export" in various contexts which may become quite confusing if not sharply discriminated. "[Ee]xport" is
- a keyword in bash (and other shells) for the "export" attribute to variables and functions "marking it for export to child processes" (man bash).
- a term in ORACLE (and other DB) context to create a backup / copy of a database and/or its tables and meta data. Fortunately, the respective SQL command is "exp".
- a variable in your code snippet above.
- used in your description for an action that doesn't necessarily comply with what you're showing in your snippet.

Now to your script. You don't show it, but I guess you should have received an SQL error message telling you it doesn't understand the "export" command. Well, it doesn't as that is a shell command that sql can't interpret and thus ignores or, worse, crashes on. The latter may be the reason why there is only one table in the spool file. The second table should be in the file if the wrong command were simply ignored.

You'd need to define the various file variables upfront, and then switch the SPOOLing from one to the next in sql.
BTW, the Export variable will be empty in above script as the space after the = will assign it such, and then bash will try to interpret / run the result of the sqlplus "command substitution", and error out on that (presumably).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script to export data from csv file to oracle database

Hello people, Need favour. The problem I have is that, I need to develop a unix shell script that performs recurring exports of data from a csv file to an oracle database. Basically, the csv file contains just the first name and last name will be dumped to an Unix server. The data from these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayagan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add multiple .csv files as sheets to an excel file in unix.

Hi, I am using Solaris 8. My script outputs 4 .csv files. Currently I am SFTPing the files and creating a new excel file with the 4 files as sheets. Can anyone suggest ways to do this in UNIX ? Thanks, David. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: libin4u2000
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading data from multiple tables from Oracle DB

Hi , I want to read the data from 9 tables in oracle DB into 9 different files in the same connection instance (session). I am able to get data from one table to one file with below code : X=`sqlplus -s user/pwd@DB <<eof select col1 from table1; EXIT; eof` echo $X>myfile Can anyone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: net
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to process multiple input files using Shell scripting

Hi, I would like to write a for loop that does the following: I have a file called X.txt and other files called 1.txt,2.txt, .....,1000.txt. I want to substitute the 6th column of the file X.txt with 1.txt and store the output as X.1. Then I want to do the same with X.txt and 2.txt and store... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run multiple functions in Background in UNIX Shell Scripting?

Hi, I am using ksh , i have requirement to run 4 functions in background , 4 functions call are available in a case that case is also in function, i need to execute 1st function it should run in background and return to case and next i will call 2nd function it should run in background and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning multiple column's value from Oracle query to multiple variables in UNIX

Hi All, I need to read values of 10 columns from oracle query and assign the same to 10 unix variables. The query will return only one record(row). I tried to append all these columns using a delimiter(;) in the select query and assign the same to a single variable(V) in unix. I thought I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkrishnan91
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding total distinct count from multiple csv files through UNIX script

Hi All , I have multiple pipe delimited csv files are present in a directory.I need to find out distinct count on a column on those files and need the total distinct count on all files. We can't merge all the files here as file size are huge in millions.I have tried in below way for each... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: STCET22
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tabbed multiple csv files into one single excel file with using shell script not perl

Hi Experts, I am querying backup status results for multiple databases and getting each and every database result in one csv file. so i need to combine all csv files in one excel file with separate tabs. I am not familiar with perl script so i am using shell script. Could anyone please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramakrk2
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting - Select multiple files from numbered list

I am trying to have the user select two files from a numbered list which will eventually be turned into a variable then combined. This is probably something simple and stupid that I am doing. clear echo "Please Select the Show interface status file" select FILE1 in *; echo "Please Select the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dis0wned
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to read multiple files at same time through UNIX scripting?

How to read multiple files at simultaneously? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priyanka_M
1 Replies
asadmin-export(1AS)						   User Commands					       asadmin-export(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-export, export - marks a variable name for automatic export to the environment of subsequent commands in multimode SYNOPSIS
export [ name=value [ name=value]*] Marks a variable name for automatic export to the environment of subsequent commands. All subsequent commands use the variable name values as specified; unless you unset them or exit multimode. If only the variable name is specified, the current value of that variable name is displayed. If the export command is used without any arguments, a list of all the exported variables and their values is displayed. Exported shell environment variables set prior to invoking the asadmin utility are imported automatically and set as exported variables within asadmin. Unexported environment variables cannot be read by the asadmin utility. OPERANDS
name=value variable name and value for automatic export to the environment to be used by subsequent commands. Example 1: Using export to list the environment variables asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_HOST=bluestar AS_ADMIN_PORT=8000 AS_ADMIN_USER=admin AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=password asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_PREFIX=server1.jms-service asadmin> export //to list the environment variables that are set AS_ADMIN_HOST=bluestar AS_ADMIN_PORT=8000 AS_ADMIN_USER=admin AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=******** AS_ADMIN_PREFIX=server1.jms-service Where: the export command lists the environment variables that are set. In this case, the environment variables have been set to: the host is bluestar, the port is 8000, the administrator user is admin with an associated password, and the prefix is server1.jms-service. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-unset(1AS), asadmin-multimode(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-export(1AS)