Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash find : another problem with prune Post 303043668 by nezabudka on Monday 3rd of February 2020 10:52:07 AM
Old 02-03-2020
Hi
maybe
Code:
find "$SEARCH_PATH"  -maxdepth 1 \( -newer "$FILE_DATE_REF_END" -o ! -newer "$FILE_DATE_REF_DEB" \)

--- Post updated at 19:52 ---

or
Code:
find "$SEARCH_PATH"/*  -prune \( -newer "$FILE_DATE_REF_END" -o ! -newer "$FILE_DATE_REF_DEB" \)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command with prune help

I have a directory named https-abcd Under that I have some directories, files and links. One of those directories is with name logs and the logs directory has lot of files in it. I need to tar the whole https-abcd directory excluding the logs directory only, I should get all the links, files and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu_nbk
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using prune with find command

Hi, I am using a find command like below in my script: find /outfiles -type f -name cat -o -name vi -o -name grep 2>/dev/null Which will search for files like "cat" , "vi" or "grep" in the "/outfiles" and subdirectories. I want to ignore a particular subdirectory from the search. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem using find with prune on large number of files

Hi all; I'm having a problem when want to list a large number of files in current directory using find together with the prune option. First i used this command but it list all the files including those in sub directories: find . -name "*.dat" | xargs ls -ltr Then i modified the command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashikin_8119
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find with prune option

Hi, I want to list files only from the current dir and its child dir (not from child's child dir). i have the following files, ./ABC/1.log ./ABC/2.log ./ABC/ABC1/A.log ./ABC/ABC1/B.log ./ABC/ABC1/XYZ/A1.log ./ABC/ABC1/XYZ/A2.log Here i want to list only the log file from current... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use -path and -prune with find

OK, I'm trying search and destroy tabs again. This time I'm having trouble excluding certain directories from my search. Here is what I have tried and it is not ignoring the top level build directory: find . -path ./build -prune -name \*.java -o -print | xargs grep -i ' ' I don't... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find + prune + mtime

Hi, i try to catch all files in a dir ,without going down in subdir , which don't have file extension and older than 10 days for example: my dir : drwxr-xr-x 7 notes01 notes 4096 Mar 8 14:11 . drwxr-xr-x 116 root system 4096 Mar 9 11:17 .. -rw-r----- 1 notes01... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find prune Trash

How do I run a find without is looking in ./Trash gregg@gregg-desktop:/media/Audio$ find . -type f ! -name '*.jpg' -size 1M -print |head find: `./.Trash-1000/expunged/2781324553/mp3-to-m4b-batch': Input/output error find:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find with Prune not working

Hi I am trying to list all files in every subdirectory from a given location. However, I realise that 1 folder will have files that I am not interested in. This is using a .csh file to execute I have tried different scripts but to no avail. My current incarnation is below. Would someone be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wonderbison
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find: -prune and -name options

I am trying to find all .rhosts files on some unix systems. I tried just -name ".rhosts" but we have a lot of really large NFS and MVFS systems that I do not want to crawl and I am having a hard time excluding them. I also need to scan more than just /root /home and /users, so I really need to scan... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using prune with find

Hi, I have two files under two separate directories as in: find . -name test.sh ./test.sh ./abc/test.sh I want my find to only look for the file test.sh that is under the current directory and not one under /abc How do I use prune to achieve this? I am on AIX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
3 Replies
GIT-PACK-REFS(1)						    Git Manual							  GIT-PACK-REFS(1)

NAME
git-pack-refs - Pack heads and tags for efficient repository access SYNOPSIS
git pack-refs [--all] [--no-prune] DESCRIPTION
Traditionally, tips of branches and tags (collectively known as refs) were stored one file per ref in a (sub)directory under $GIT_DIR/refs directory. While many branch tips tend to be updated often, most tags and some branch tips are never updated. When a repository has hundreds or thousands of tags, this one-file-per-ref format both wastes storage and hurts performance. This command is used to solve the storage and performance problem by storing the refs in a single file, $GIT_DIR/packed-refs. When a ref is missing from the traditional $GIT_DIR/refs directory hierarchy, it is looked up in this file and used if found. Subsequent updates to branches always create new files under $GIT_DIR/refs directory hierarchy. A recommended practice to deal with a repository with too many refs is to pack its refs with --all --prune once, and occasionally run git pack-refs --prune. Tags are by definition stationary and are not expected to change. Branch heads will be packed with the initial pack-refs --all, but only the currently active branch heads will become unpacked, and the next pack-refs (without --all) will leave them unpacked. OPTIONS
--all The command by default packs all tags and refs that are already packed, and leaves other refs alone. This is because branches are expected to be actively developed and packing their tips does not help performance. This option causes branch tips to be packed as well. Useful for a repository with many branches of historical interests. --no-prune The command usually removes loose refs under $GIT_DIR/refs hierarchy after packing them. This option tells it not to. BUGS
Older documentation written before the packed-refs mechanism was introduced may still say things like ".git/refs/heads/<branch> file exists" when it means "branch <branch> exists". GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.3.1 06/10/2014 GIT-PACK-REFS(1)