Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to write a value to a physical memory address in bash script? Post 303043660 by rabrandt on Monday 3rd of February 2020 09:33:55 AM
Old 02-03-2020
How to write a value to a physical memory address in bash script?

How would I write a value to a physical memory address?
I was able to read a physical memory address (for example, 0x400) using this line:
Code:
    dd if=/dev/mem count=4 bs=1 skip=$(( 0x400 ))

But I get an error:
Code:
dd: 'standard input': cannot skip to specified offset

when I try to write using this method
Code:
  function T_WRITE2 {
    printf $1 | dd of=/dev/mem count=4 bs=1 skip=$(( 0x400 ))
  }

Any suggestion?

Last edited by Yoda; 02-03-2020 at 02:23 PM..
rabrandt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

physical memory

It is just a general question....is there a limit on the memory? I am looking into a process to store image files on the unix server which will be accessed by the application, and I just wonder if there is any limit regarding the physical or virtual memory. I am very new to unix, so thanks for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cchien
1 Replies

2. AIX

Physical and Logical IP address

Hi all I need command to give logical and physical IP Address for my machine. thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magasem
1 Replies

3. Solaris

physical memory

what is the command to find the physical memory in soalris OS and how to find whether paging is happening or not ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaramanit
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to find Total and Free Physical Memory and Logical Memory in SOLARIS 9

Hi, Im working on Solaris 9 on SPARC-32 bit running on an Ultra-80, and I have to find out the following:- 1. Total Physical Memory in the system(total RAM). 2. Available Physical Memory(i.e. RAM Usage) 3. Total (Logical) Memory in the system 4. Available (Logical) Memory. I know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Add Static Routes to new physical address

Hi, I need help to add new route: 10.252.0.138, GW 10.252.0.129 to e1000g1 and 10.252.0.10, GW 10.252.0.1 to e1000g2 tnx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
4 Replies

6. AIX

Hardware address to physical location

Hello How do I deternine the physical location of an ethernet port, based on the hardware address? I have 4 ports on a 9133-55A ent0 05-08 ent1 05-09 ent2 07-08 ent3 07-09 Two of these are internal, and two are on a card. I need to single out ent0 and ent2, but I cannot find any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
4 Replies

7. Programming

help with C++ code that relate the object with physical address

I need some help to write a C++ code that read and write the register of a sequencer. I have to make a code that relate the objects with the physical address but I am a bit confuse. Could someone suggest me how to proceed? in which parts do I split the code? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: silviafisica
1 Replies

8. Solaris

restrcit physical memory with zone.max-locked-memory

Is it possible to restrict physical memory in solaris zone with zone.max-locked-memory just like we can do with rcapd ? I do not want to used rcapd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What would the physical address be for virtual address?

Hi guys, I got one problem which I definetily no idea. What would the physical address be for virtual address? 1) 2ABC 2) 3F4B Here is the page table:see attached Thank you sos sososososso much!! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lemon_06
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write script to change email address

we have 4000 html pages that need an email address changed. eg) company@yahoo.com to company@hotmail.com we only want the file modified date to be changed when there has been a change to the file. Should I be using grep? I fairly new to UNIX and was told to using something like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mchelle_99
2 Replies
XSIL2GRAPHICS(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  XSIL2GRAPHICS(1)

NAME
xsil2graphics - generate scripts to load xsil output data files SYNOPSIS
xsil2graphics [options] <xsil_file> DESCRIPTION
Utility program bundled with xmds, used to generate scripts that load simulation output data into either matlab (http://www.mathworks.com) or scilab (http://www.scilab.org), which are then used to manipulate the results further if necessary and then to present the results graphically. Matlab To generate a matlab m-file, from the xsil file data_file.xsil use the command: bash$ xsil2graphics data_file.xsil or bash$ xsil2graphics --matlab data_file.xsil Then at the matlab command prompt: >> data_file Scilab To generate a scilab script file, from the xsil file data_file.xsil use the command: bash$ xsil2graphics --scilab data_file.xsil Then at the scilab command prompt: --> exec('data_file.sci') OPTIONS
-m, --matlab generate matlab m-file script to load data from the xsil data file (the default option) -s, -scilab generate scilab script file to load data from the xsil data file -o, --outfile <out_file> specify an alternative output script filename to the default which is the input xsil filename with the .xsil extension changed to either .m for the matlab m-file or .sci for the scilab script file EXAMPLES
bash$ xsil2graphics nlse.xsil Generates the output nlse.m to load the data into matlab bash$ xsil2graphics -m nlse.xsil Also generates the output nlse.m but explicitly sets matlab to be the output format bash$ xsil2graphics --scilab nlse.xsil Generates the output nlse.sci to load the data into scilab bash$ xsil2graphics --outfile nlse_new.m nlse.xsil Generates the output nlse_new.m to load the data into matlab AUTHORS
Originally written by Greg Collecutt Maintained by Paul Cochrane with code contributed by Joe Hope BUGS
No known bugs. SEE ALSO
xmds(1), loadxsil(1) http://www.xmds.org COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2004 Code contributed by Greg Collecutt, Joseph Hope and Paul Cochrane This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA. perl v5.8.2 2004-06-21 XSIL2GRAPHICS(1)