Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Wuhan Coronavirus Status App for China - Rapid Prototype using MQTT and the IoT OnOff IOS App Post 303043645 by Neo on Sunday 2nd of February 2020 11:52:53 PM
Old 02-03-2020
I see folks on FB are starting to show interest in this app, so here are the steps to get started, for those who do not want login:

(1) Download and install the IoT-OnOff app. Basic use is free and that is all you need. Note, I am not the creator of this app and have no relationship with the creator at all.

Configure the app as follows.

(2) Go to settings:

Wuhan Coronavirus Status App for China - Rapid Prototype using MQTT and the IoT OnOff IOS App-img_0465ajpg

(3) Then go to MQTT Broker and add the IP address of the MQTT server / service (and make sure all the other settings are the exact same as in the photo):

Wuhan Coronavirus Status App for China - Rapid Prototype using MQTT and the IoT OnOff IOS App-img_450213596df6-1jpeg

(3) Then go to the Authentication screen and add the user name and password to the broker service:
  • The user name is: <contact me, or reply back asking for user name>
  • The password is: <contact me, or reply back asking for password>

There is no "hidden meaning" to the user name and password, I just used them at random when I first installed and tested the MQTT message broker Smilie

Make sure you turn on "authentication" at the bottom of that screen:

Wuhan Coronavirus Status App for China - Rapid Prototype using MQTT and the IoT OnOff IOS App-img_52044ea2d923-1jpeg

(4) Next you configure your dashboard (just take a few minutes, see next post):

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

luminis app

The guys at SunGard want to charge a lot of $$$$ for installing Luminis and we are trying to see if this can be done without them. Their installation guide provided page #53 ( http://www.luminis.nocccd.edu/documents/Luminis%20IV/lp40000in.pdf ) doesn't really tell you much. All they say is that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ceci1
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem with /app

Hi folks, i have a problem with my /app directory on solaris 10.It is mounted under rpool root and sometimes it increase dimension bringing root out of space.I want to mount /app under different position, maybe under secondary hardisk for which i have created a mount point with zfs pool...How... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattpunk
10 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Can a ios app be developed on a windows or ipad?

hi, i want to start developing an ios app that can be used on iphone and ipad. can anyone guide me how to start? i saw that it can be developed only on a mac system.. but i dont have a mac system. i have an ipad 4 and a laptop with windows os? can i use one of these to start developing ios app??... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies

4. Programming

Arduino Project: iPhone to HM-10 BLE to NB-IoT Shield to NB-IoT Network to Internet to Linux Server

This post describes a "work in progress" project I started today. Here is the High Level Overview: Currently, this project sits on my desk as an Arduino UNO (on the bottom), an NB-IoT Shield (sandwiched in the middle), a Sensor Shield (on top) with a HM-10 BLE Module (in the little... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
13 Replies

5. Programming

Wuhan Coronavirus Status for China - Rapid Prototype Blynk App with ESP8266

Here is a rapid prototype app I just put together which might be of interest to some people. Basically, I have parsed the data from a Chinese web site which is tracking the Wuhan coronavirus, and cache that data every minute via a local cron file and make a simple API available to a Blink app. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies
pam_chauthtok(3)					     Library Functions Manual						  pam_chauthtok(3)

NAME
pam_chauthtok - perform password related functions within the PAM framework SYNOPSIS
[ flag ... ] file ... [ library ... ] DESCRIPTION
is called to change the authentication token associated with a particular user referenced by the authentication handle, pamh. The following flag may be passed in to The password service should not generate any messages. The password service should only update those passwords that have aged. If this flag is not passed, all password services should update their passwords. Upon successful completion of the call, the authentication token of the user will be changed in accordance with the password service con- figured in the system through pam.conf(4). Notes The flag is typically used by a application which has determined that the user's password has aged or expired. Before allowing the user to login, the application may invoke with this flag to allow the user to update the password. Typically applications such as passwd(1) should not use this flag. performs a preliminary check before attempting to update passwords. This check is performed for each password module in the stack as listed in pam.conf(4). The check may include pinging remote name services to determine if they are available. If returns then the check has failed, and passwords are not updated. APPLICATION USAGE
Refer to pam(3) for information on thread-safety of PAM interfaces. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, is returned. In addition to the error return values described in pam(3), the following values may be returned: No permission. Authentication token manipulation error. Authentication information cannot be recovered. Authentication token lock busy. Authentication token aging disabled. User unknown to password service. Preliminary check by password service failed. SEE ALSO
pam(3), pam_start(3), pam_authenticate(3). pam_chauthtok(3)