Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming ESP32 (ESP-WROOM-32) as an MQTT Client Subscribed to Linux Server Load Average Messages Post 303043619 by Neo on Sunday 2nd of February 2020 10:45:36 AM
Old 02-02-2020
Update:

After a lot of "messing around" with every combination of settings under the sun, I finally got the IOT-ON-OFF IOS Dashboard app working. Success. It's not a "pretty" as Blynk, but in many ways it is much better. For example we can easily switch between dashboards (see image below) and we don't have to pay for "widgets" foreach new app; and with a one time, very small purchase, we can get UNLIMITED widgets and dashboards. Here are some samples from my two previous mini-apps, (1) Wuhan Coronavirus Status and (2) Server Load Averages, all done with MQTT.

It's really quite remarkable if you think about it. I've built these two apps from scratch in two days, and that included wasting a lot of time evaluating and bumping heads with Blynk yesterday (and the headaches that caused).

Later I will summarize my notes on the "tricks" to get the IOT-ON-OFF app working so you don't have to waste your time fiddling around with all the settings. This iPhone dashboard app is not really "super polished" but it's not bad at all.

WUHAN CORONAVIRUS STATS:
[
ESP32 (ESP-WROOM-32) as an MQTT Client Subscribed to Linux Server Load Average Messages-img_724c56545d50-1jpeg

SERVER LOAD AVERAGES:
ESP32 (ESP-WROOM-32) as an MQTT Client Subscribed to Linux Server Load Average Messages-img_9122jpg

SWITCHING BETWEEN DASHBOARDS
ESP32 (ESP-WROOM-32) as an MQTT Client Subscribed to Linux Server Load Average Messages-img_d6b1cb7865ca-1jpeg

SERVER LOAD AVERAGES:
ESP32 (ESP-WROOM-32) as an MQTT Client Subscribed to Linux Server Load Average Messages-img_9125jpg
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server load (Unix/Linux, Redhat, CPanel)

Hello, I'm facing a big problem with my hosting server (Dual Xeon 2.4GHz), I'm having a load in the CPU usage and the memory (maybe it's related) ALSO mySQL: Server Load 5.34 (2 cpus) (to 22 sometime) Memory Used 68.4 % (to 70% sometime) When I go to 'CPU/Memory/MySQL Usage' I found: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kh@lid
3 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

linux prog for server space, load etc

Hi all what are the ways by which we can know and generate a report of the space remaining, memory(ram) used and the load on the server over a period of time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arlan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

load average

we have an unix system which has load average normally about 20. but while i am running a particular unix batch which performs heavy operations on filesystem and database average load reduces to 15. how can we explain this situation? while running that batch idle cpu time is about %60-65... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Load Average

Hello all, I have a question about load averages. I've read the man pages for the uptime and w command for two or three different flavors of Unix (Red Hat, Tru64, Solaris). All of them agree that in the output of the 2 aforementioned commands, you are given the load average for the box, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heathe_Kyle
3 Replies

5. Linux

how to setup a virtual IP to control 2 server load for linux

Hi anyone know how to setup a setup a virtual IP to control 2 server load for linux? i only have 2 server, i don want to buy another just for the load balance... is there a way to do it? Sumemr (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: summerpeh
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please Help me in my load average

Hello AlL,.. I want from experts to help me as my load average is increased and i dont know where is the problem !! this is my top result : root@a4s # top top - 11:30:38 up 40 min, 1 user, load average: 3.06, 2.49, 4.66 Mem: 8168788k total, 2889596k used, 5279192k free, 47792k... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: black-code
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux tomcat load average issue

Hello I am running a liferay application in tomcat on one of my hosted linux machine having 4GB of ram and 1 CPU. I get the tomcat response really slow and with much digging I found that the cpu might be loaded and can be tracked with top command. The following is the output of top command:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhavaln
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with load average?

how load average is calculated and what exactly is it difference between cpu% and load average (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
9 Replies

9. Programming

A Slightly Better NTP Client for the ESP32 (ESPWROOM32) on macOS Catalina

Currently have two ESP8266 modules testing some Blynk apps, whereI'm not so happy with the Blynk business model for developers, but that's another story. So, with two of my ESP8266s currently "busy", I decided to work on the ESP32, and in particular the ESPWROOM32. I installed the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Nearly Random, Uncorrelated Server Load Average Spikes

I have been wrangling with a small problem on a Ubuntu server which runs a LAMP application. Linux ubuntu 4.15.0-33-generic #36-Ubuntu SMP Wed Aug 15 16:00:05 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux This server runs fine, basically: ubuntu:/var/www# uptime 20:17:13 up 105 days,... (45 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
45 Replies
ATTACH(5)							File Formats Manual							 ATTACH(5)

NAME
attach, session, nop - messages to initiate activity SYNOPSIS
Tnop tag[2] Rnop tag[2] Tsession tag[2] chal[8] Rsession tag[2] chal[8] authid[28] authdom[48] Tattach tag[2] fid[2] uid[28] aname[28] ticket[72] auth[13] Rattach tag[2] fid[2] qid[8] rauth[13] DESCRIPTION
The nop request does nothing overt but may be used to synchronize the channel between two service hosts initially. The session request is used to initialize a connection between a client and a server. All outstanding I/O on the connection is aborted. The set of messages between session requests is called a session. The host's user name (authid) and its authentication domain (authdom) identify the key to be used when authenticating to this host. The exchanged challenges (chal) are used in the authentication algorithm. If authid is a null string no authentication is performed in this session. The tag should be NOTAG (value 0xFFFF) for a nop or session message. The attach message serves as a fresh introduction from a user on the client machine to a server. The message identifies the user (uid) and may select the file tree to access (aname). The ticket and auth arguments contains authorization data derived from the exchanged chal- lenges of the session message; see auth(6). As a result of the attach transaction, the client will have a connection to the root directory of the desired file tree, represented by fid. An error is returned if fid is already in use. The server's idea of the root of the file tree is represented by the returned qid. ENTRY POINTS
An attach transaction will be generated for kernel devices (see intro(3)) when a system call evaluates a file name beginning with Pipe(2) generates an attach on the kernel device pipe(3). The mount system call (see bind(2)) generates an attach messages to the remote file server. When the kernel boots, an attach is made to the root device, root(3), and then an attach is made to the requested file server machine. SEE ALSO
auth(6) ATTACH(5)