Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script to do column to row
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Script to do column to row Post 303043576 by Scrutinizer on Friday 31st of January 2020 08:32:19 PM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the column for a row in a text file and adding another row

Hi, I want to write a shell script which increments a particular column in a row from a text file and then adds another row below the current row with the incremented value . For Eg . if the input file has a row : abc xyz lmn 89 lm nk o p I would like the script to create something like... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aYankeeFan
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

column to row convert - script - help

Hi, I have a file named col.txt 1.000 2.000 3.000 4.000 5.000 6.000 7.000 8.000 I should get this 1.000 5.000 2.000 6.000 3.000 7.000 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: G0Y
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving data from a specified column/row to another column/row

Hello, I have an input file like the following: 11_3_4 2_1_35 3_15__ _16989 Where '_' is a space. The data is in a table. Is there a way for the program to prompt the user for x1,y1 and x2,y2, where x1,y1 is the desired number (for example x=6 y=4 is a value of 4) and move to a desired spot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Script - Print a column - within a Row Range

Hi, Please read the whole thread. I have been working on this script below. It works fine, feel free to copy and test with the INPUT File below as well. example: PACKET DATA PROTOCOL CONTEXT DATA APNID PDPADD EQOSID VPAA PDPCH PDPTY PDPID 10 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: panapty
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtracting each row from the first row in a single column file using awk

Hi Friends, I have a single column data like below. 1 2 3 4 5 I need the output like below. 0 1 2 3 4 where each row (including first row) subtracting from first row and the result should print below like the way shown in output file. Thanks Sid (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script: Convert row in to column

Hi, i need to convert SG_ERP1 SG_ERP2 SG_ERP3 in to: SG_ERP1 SG_ERP2 SG_ERP3 It's possibile? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: elilmal
16 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk to print first row with forth column and last row with fifth column in each file

file with this content awk 'NR==1 {print $4} && NR==2 {print $5}' file The error is shown with syntax error; what can be done (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script changing row to column

Hi Gurus, I have an I/P file which looks like 100 1 200 1 300 4 100 2 200 3 300 4 100 9 200 8 300 7 I would liek to get O/P as 100 200 300 1 1 4 2 3 4 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script row to column

Hi.. I have data : Report testing1 20180419 08:00 Report testing2 20180419 07:35 Report testing 20180419 08:01 Source = data1 Report testing4 20180419 08:05 Source = data1 Report testing5 20180419 08:10 Source = data2 Report testing6 20180419 08:01 Report testing7 20180419 08:19... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: buncit8
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script to do column to row in awk

Hi , Can anyone help me suggesting - how to do the below trick with awk Input 120 130 140 210 310 410 645 729 800 Output 120 130 140 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
6 Replies
RHINO(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RHINO(1)

NAME
rhino - invokes the JavaScript shell for running scripts in batch mode or interactive SYNOPSIS
rhino [options] script_filename_or_url [script_arguments] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the rhino command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original pro- gram does not have a manual page. It is written according to the html documentation. rhino is a start script for the rhino JavaScript shell which provides a simple way to run scripts in batch mode or an interactive environ- ment for exploratory programming. OPTIONS
-e script_source Executes script_source as a JavaScript script. -f script_filename_or_url Reads script_filename_or_url content and execute it as a JavaScript script. -opt, -O optLevel Optimizes at level optLevel, which must be an integer between -1 and 9. -1 means Interpretive mode is always used. 0 means no opti- mizations whereas 9 means all optimizations are performed. -version versionNumber Specifies the language version to compile with. The string versionNumber must be one of 100, 110, 120, 130, or 140. See JavaScript Language Versions for more information on language versions. -strict Enable strict mode. PREDEFINED PROPERTIES
Scripts executing in the shell have access to some additional properties of the top-level object. arguments The arguments object is an array containing the strings of all the arguments given at the command line when the shell was invoked. help() Executing the help function will print usage and help messages. defineClass(className) Define an extension using the Java class named with the string argument className. Uses ScriptableObject.defineClass() to define the extension. deserialize(filename) Restore from the specified file an object previously written by a call to serialize. load([filename,...]) Load JavaScript source files named by string arguments. If multiple arguments are given, each file is read in and executed in turn. loadClass(className) Load and execute the class named by the string argument className. The class must be a class that implements the Script interface, as will any script compiled by jsc. print([expr...]) Evaluate and print expressions. Evaluates each expression, converts the result to a string, and prints it. readFile(path[,characterCoding]) Read given file and convert its bytes to a string using the specified character coding or default character coding if explicit cod- ing argument is not given. readUrl(url[,characterCoding]) Open an input connection to the given string url, read all its bytes and convert them to a string using the specified character cod- ing or default character coding if explicit coding argument is not given. runCommand(commandName,[arg,...][options]) Execute the specified command with the given argument and options as a separate process and return the exit status of the process. For details, see JavaDoc for org.mozilla.javascript.tools.shell.Global#runCommand. serialize(object,filename) Serialize the given object to the specified file. spawn(functionOrScript) Run the given function or script in a different thread. sync(function) creates a synchronized function (in the sense of a Java synchronized method) from an existing function. The new function synchro- nizes on the this object of its invocation. quit() Quit shell. The shell will also quit in interactive mode if an end-of-file character is typed at the prompt. version([number]) Get or set JavaScript version number. If no argument is supplied, the current version number is returned. If an argument is sup- plied, it is expected to be one of 100, 110, 120, 130, or 140 to indicate JavaScript version 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, or 1.4 respec- tively. SEE ALSO
The online documentation under http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/shell.html AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Wolfgang Baer <WBaer@gmx.de>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). February 12, 2005 RHINO(1)