Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tip: inotify cron
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Tip: inotify cron Post 303043551 by nezabudka on Friday 31st of January 2020 10:25:58 AM
Old 01-31-2020
I checked Fedora's repository. The package is called "incron"
Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

tip into 280R

I need to use tip from machine A serial port to machine B serial port. Can someone point me to an example of the correct cable to use? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris; tip

plz explain TIP in solaris in detail. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman0931
11 Replies

3. SCO

inotify() in SCO UNIX

Hi I'm going to write a program in C language to watch activity on file system in SCO UNIX openserver 5.0.6. Apparently Linux provide an API called "inotify" , I'm wondering what's the SCO UNIX package for this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regexp tip

Hello, I'm just starting working on it. I'd like to get a tip For istance if I have a file like: a b c d e f .... and I wanna get: 1a & 2b & 3c 0d & 8e & 4f ..... I would like to use sed and come up with a regular expression that works.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Tip] How to add an application cron job?

A well established form of application cron jobs look like this: 39 15 * * * && /usr/local/monitoring/oracle/check_dbs.sh >/dev/null 2>&1The repetition makes it a long line, hard to read, hard to maintain. I suggest the following instead: 39 15 * * * { /usr/local/monitoring/oracle/check_dbs.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MadeInGermany
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Tip] How to add individual delays to a cron job?

ofIn a big Unix environment you likely install cron jobs like this on a thousand systems: 39 15 * * * { /usr/local/monitoring/sendstats ; } >/dev/null 2>&1If all the system clocks are synchronized (usually via NTP), these jobs run *exactly* at the same time. If the cron job accesses a shared... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadeInGermany
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dynamically add paths to inotify

I have initiated an inotify process with --fromfile option and the file contain the paths to be monitored. /usr/local/maldetect/inotify/inotifywait -d -r -o /usr/local/maldetect/inotify/inotify_log --fromfile /usr/local/maldetect/sess/inotify.paths.28364 --exclude (^/var/tmp/mysql.sock)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hotfolder with inotify-tools, loop FOR not working

I can not understand why this little script with a loop processes only one file. At boot in /etc/rc.local i wrote: /usr/local/bin/./myscript & This is myscript: #!/bin/bash while inotifywait -e create /HOTFOLDER/ ; do for fullname in /HOTFOLDER/*.xlsx; do if !... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasaico
22 Replies

9. Red Hat

Issues installing inotify-tools on RedHat Linux

I wish to install inotify-tools-3.20.1-2.4.x86_64.rpm on Linux and fire inotifywait command. Initially i was looking for "inotify-tools-3.xx.tar.gz" as instructed here http://jensd.be/248/linux/use-inotify-tools-on-centos-7-or-rhel-7-to-watch-files-and-directories-for-events I have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies
iv_inotify(3)						    ivykis programmer's manual						     iv_inotify(3)

NAME
IV_INOTIFY_INIT, iv_inotify_register, iv_inotify_unregister, IV_INOTIFY_WATCH_INIT, iv_inotify_watch_register, iv_inotify_watch_unregister - ivykis inotify(7) wrapper SYNOPSIS
#include <iv_inotify.h> struct iv_inotify { }; void IV_INOTIFY_INIT(struct iv_inotify *inotify); int iv_inotify_register(struct iv_inotify *inotify); void iv_inotify_unregister(struct iv_inotify *inotify); struct iv_inotify_watch { struct iv_inotify *inotify; const char *pathname; uint32_t mask; void *cookie; void (*handler)(void *, struct inotify_event *); }; void IV_INOTIFY_WATCH_INIT(struct iv_inotify_watch *watch); int iv_inotify_watch_register(struct iv_inotify_watch *watch); int iv_inotify_watch_unregister(struct iv_inotify_watch *watch); DESCRIPTION
The iv_inotify_register function registers an iv_inotify instance with the iv_inotify(3) module. The inotify parameter is a pointer to the iv_inotify structure to be registered. The iv_inotify_unregister function unregisters an iv_inotify instance from the iv_inotify(3) module. The inotify parameter is a pointer to the iv_inotify structure to be unregistered. The iv_inotify_watch_register function adds a watch to the registered iv_inotify instance specified by the ->inotify member. The iv_inotify_watch_unregister function removes a watch from the iv_inotify instance specified by the ->inotify member. In the iv_inotify_watch structure used in these functions, the ->pathname and ->mask members correspond to the members of struct ino- tify_watch as described in inotify(7). ->handler is the event handler called when this watch triggers. The arguments to this handler function are the pointer stored in the ->cookie member of the iv_inotify_watch structure and a pointer to an inotify_event structure as described in inotify(7). RETURN VALUE
iv_inotify_register and iv_inotify_watch_register return zero on success. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
iv_inotify will return errors returned by inotify_init(3) and inotify_add_watch(3). SEE ALSO
ivykis(3), inotify(7), inotify_init(3), inotify_add_watch(3), inotify_rm_watch(3) ivykis 2009-02-07 iv_inotify(3)