Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tip: inotify cron
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Tip: inotify cron Post 303043551 by nezabudka on Friday 31st of January 2020 10:25:58 AM
Old 01-31-2020
I checked Fedora's repository. The package is called "incron"
Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

tip into 280R

I need to use tip from machine A serial port to machine B serial port. Can someone point me to an example of the correct cable to use? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris; tip

plz explain TIP in solaris in detail. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman0931
11 Replies

3. SCO

inotify() in SCO UNIX

Hi I'm going to write a program in C language to watch activity on file system in SCO UNIX openserver 5.0.6. Apparently Linux provide an API called "inotify" , I'm wondering what's the SCO UNIX package for this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regexp tip

Hello, I'm just starting working on it. I'd like to get a tip For istance if I have a file like: a b c d e f .... and I wanna get: 1a & 2b & 3c 0d & 8e & 4f ..... I would like to use sed and come up with a regular expression that works.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Tip] How to add an application cron job?

A well established form of application cron jobs look like this: 39 15 * * * && /usr/local/monitoring/oracle/check_dbs.sh >/dev/null 2>&1The repetition makes it a long line, hard to read, hard to maintain. I suggest the following instead: 39 15 * * * { /usr/local/monitoring/oracle/check_dbs.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MadeInGermany
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Tip] How to add individual delays to a cron job?

ofIn a big Unix environment you likely install cron jobs like this on a thousand systems: 39 15 * * * { /usr/local/monitoring/sendstats ; } >/dev/null 2>&1If all the system clocks are synchronized (usually via NTP), these jobs run *exactly* at the same time. If the cron job accesses a shared... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadeInGermany
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dynamically add paths to inotify

I have initiated an inotify process with --fromfile option and the file contain the paths to be monitored. /usr/local/maldetect/inotify/inotifywait -d -r -o /usr/local/maldetect/inotify/inotify_log --fromfile /usr/local/maldetect/sess/inotify.paths.28364 --exclude (^/var/tmp/mysql.sock)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hotfolder with inotify-tools, loop FOR not working

I can not understand why this little script with a loop processes only one file. At boot in /etc/rc.local i wrote: /usr/local/bin/./myscript & This is myscript: #!/bin/bash while inotifywait -e create /HOTFOLDER/ ; do for fullname in /HOTFOLDER/*.xlsx; do if !... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasaico
22 Replies

9. Red Hat

Issues installing inotify-tools on RedHat Linux

I wish to install inotify-tools-3.20.1-2.4.x86_64.rpm on Linux and fire inotifywait command. Initially i was looking for "inotify-tools-3.xx.tar.gz" as instructed here http://jensd.be/248/linux/use-inotify-tools-on-centos-7-or-rhel-7-to-watch-files-and-directories-for-events I have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies
incrontab(1)						       incron documentation						      incrontab(1)

NAME
incrontab - table manipulator for inotify cron (incron) SYNOPSIS
incrontab [-u user] [-f config] file incrontab [-u user] [-f config] [-l | -r | -e | -t | -d] DESCRIPTION
incrontab is a table manipulator for the inotify cron (incron) system. It creates, removes, modifies and lists user tables (incrontab(5)). Each user (including even system users without home directories) has an incron table which can't be manipulated directly (only root can effectively change these tables and is NOT recommended to do so). All informational messages of this program are printed to the standard error output (stderr). If /etc/incron.allow exists only users listed here may use incron. Otherwise if /etc/incron.deny exists only users NOT listed here may use incron. If none of these files exists everyone is allowed to use incron. (Important note: This behavior is insecure and will be probably changed to be compatible with the style used by ISC Cron.) Location of these files can be changed in the configuration. The first form of this command imports a file, validates it and stores to the table. "-" can be used for loading from the standard input. -u (or --user) option overrides the current (real) user to the given one. This option is intended for manipulation with system users' tables (such as apache, postfix, daemon etc.). It can be used only if the current user has root's effective rights. -l (or --list) option causes the current table is printed to the standard output. -r (or --remove) option causes the current table (if any) is permanently remove without any warning or confirmation. Use with caution! -e (or --edit) option causes executing an editor for editing the user table (see below for the information about editor selection). You can edit your incron table now. If the table is changed it stores the modified version. -t (or --types) option causes the list of supported event types (delimited by commas) is printed to the standard output. This feature is intended for front-end applications to find out which event types was compiled in. -d (or --reload) option causes reloading the current table by incrond(8). It is done through "touching" the table (writing into it without modifying it). This feature is intended e.g. for creating watches on newly created files (with already existing rules) or for rearming IN_ONESHOT watches. -f <FILE> (or --config=<FILE>) option specifies another location for the configuration file (/etc/incron.conf is used by default). This feature requires root privileges. There is a few complex algorithm how to determine which editor will be user for editing. If any of the following rule succeeds the appro- priate editor is used: 1. EDITOR environment variable 2. VISUAL environment variable 3. configuration value 4. etc/alternatives/editor 5. hard-wired editor (vim by default) It's not recommended to use graphical editors (such as gVim, KEdit etc.) due to possible problems with connecting to the X server. SEE ALSO
incrond(8), incrontab(5), incron.conf(5) AUTHOR
Lukas Jelinek <lukas@aiken.cz> (please report bugs to http://bts.aiken.cz or <bugs@aiken.cz>). COPYING
This program is free software. It can be used, redistributed and/or modified under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2. Lukas Jelinek 0.5.10 incrontab(1)