Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Changing hosting company for one domain, how to deal with DNS? Post 303043486 by solaris_1977 on Wednesday 29th of January 2020 03:00:13 PM
Old 01-29-2020
Thanks. It was detailed and helpful.
Instead of using external redirect services, I will be setting up my own webserver for this setup and hopefully, that would serve the purpose.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

So, like, I signed on with a new hosting company...

... and there was absolutely nothing installed except fedora and ssh. I used yum to install vsftp and httpd, both start and ps shows they're running, and yet I can't connect with either of them. Where on earth or in redhat do I begin looking to unravel this one? I've overseen a server before but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobby
3 Replies

2. Solaris

change dns (domain name)

hi gurus, need to check other than the hosts file, what else i need to change after we have changed the domain name in our company. currently, we are using olddnsname.com and will change it to newdnsname.com. i am not sure where else in solaris i need to take a look. please advise. thank... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kim_custodio
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

Select DNS Servers depending on the domain

Hello, I'm using CentOS 5.3, and I connect to a VPN in order to work. The problem is that I'm constantly accessing things on the local network and the remote network. But once I'm connected to the VPN I can't access local addresses by name, I have to use the ip-address. What I'd like is to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: martincastell
4 Replies

4. Linux

Configuring dns in local domain

Hi everybody, for revolving local host name of my network, I set up an dns server to solve my problem, but til now, nothing happen when I ping a hostname, but work on IP. Can you help me to correct the configuration. Here is all my settings: Voici mes fichiers de configuration: -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beloge2002
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recommended Domain/Hosting Control Panels?

Looking for a recommendation - I'm looking for a reliable domain control panel (like cPanel) that is open source, and I can customize it do work into my work flow. Essentially, I need new users to be able to create a new account so that a) a new subdomain is created, or b) a full domain... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kettlewell
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

changing domain name in /etc

Hi, Im trying to change my domain name in my solaris as below: but it keeps coming back to be "unknown" Im changing /etc/inet/hosts.e1000g0\and also i added one line to /etc/nodename my vm (i have my solaris on VM)ip address is 192.168.1.103 and Im putting solar as a name for it ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: messi777
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to flush specific domain in SunOS 5 DNS

Hello to all, May you help saying me how to flush a specific domain in Linux SunOS5 I know the command rndc is to flush DNS cache, but I would like to know: 1- How to do a flush only on specific domain 2- How to see the content of DNS Resolver cache (similar to info given by IPCONFIG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
2 Replies

8. Linux

Domain registrars & DNS servers

I have read many tutorials on bind and i understand the A,MX, CNAME records. Internally, on a LAN we can install bind and create all these records and we can tell all PC and servers to use this bind as DNS server.that's fine. On the Internet, when we have purchased a valid domain like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux is not appending domain name in DNS query

In my /etc/resolv.conf file there is domain name defined. But when I do nslookup the domain name is not appended. Why? (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: broy32000
18 Replies
ipa-server-install(1)						 IPA Manual Pages					     ipa-server-install(1)

NAME
ipa-server-install - Configure an IPA server SYNOPSIS
ipa-server-install [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
Configures the services needed by an IPA server. This includes setting up a Kerberos Key Distribution Center (KDC) and a Kadmin daemon with an LDAP back-end, configuring Apache, configuring NTP and optionally configuring and starting an LDAP-backed DNS server. By default a dog- tag-based CA will be configured to issue server certificates. OPTIONS
BASIC OPTIONS -r REALM_NAME, --realm=REALM_NAME The Kerberos realm name for the IPA server. You will not be able to estabilish trust with Active Directory unless the realm name is uppercased domain name. -n DOMAIN_NAME, --domain=DOMAIN_NAME Your DNS domain name -p DM_PASSWORD, --ds-password=DM_PASSWORD The password to be used by the Directory Server for the Directory Manager user -P MASTER_PASSWORD, --master-password=MASTER_PASSWORD The kerberos master password (normally autogenerated) -a ADMIN_PASSWORD, --admin-password=ADMIN_PASSWORD The password for the IPA admin user --mkhomedir Create home directories for users on their first login --hostname=HOST_NAME The fully-qualified DNS name of this server. If the hostname does not match system hostname, the system hostname will be updated accordingly to prevent service failures. --ip-address=IP_ADDRESS The IP address of this server. If this address does not match the address the host resolves to and --setup-dns is not selected the installation will fail. If the server hostname is not resolvable, a record for the hostname and IP_ADDRESS is added to /etc/hosts. -N, --no-ntp Do not configure NTP --idstart=IDSTART The starting user and group id number (default random) --idmax=IDMAX The maximum user and group id number (default: idstart+199999). If set to zero, the default value will be used. --no_hbac_allow Don't install allow_all HBAC rule. This rule lets any user from any host access any service on any other host. It is expected that users will remove this rule before moving to production. --no-ui-redirect Do not automatically redirect to the Web UI. --ssh-trust-dns Configure OpenSSH client to trust DNS SSHFP records. --no-ssh Do not configure OpenSSH client. --no-sshd Do not configure OpenSSH server. -d, --debug Enable debug logging when more verbose output is needed -U, --unattended An unattended installation that will never prompt for user input CERTIFICATE SYSTEM OPTIONS --external-ca Generate a CSR to be signed by an external CA --external_cert_file=FILE PEM file containing a certificate signed by the external CA. Must be given with --external_ca_file. --external_ca_file=FILE PEM file containing the external CA chain --dirsrv_pkcs12=FILE PKCS#12 file containing the Directory Server SSL Certificate --http_pkcs12=FILE PKCS#12 file containing the Apache Server SSL Certificate --dirsrv_pin=DIRSRV_PIN The password of the Directory Server PKCS#12 file --http_pin=HTTP_PIN The password of the Apache Server PKCS#12 file --subject=SUBJECT The certificate subject base (default O=REALM.NAME) DNS OPTIONS --setup-dns Generate a DNS zone if it does not exist already and configure the DNS server. This option requires that you either specify at least one DNS forwarder through the --forwarder option or use the --no-forwarders option. Note that you can set up a DNS at any time after the initial IPA server install by running ipa-dns-install (see ipa-dns-install(1)). --forwarder=IP_ADDRESS Add a DNS forwarder to the DNS configuration. You can use this option multiple times to specify more forwarders, but at least one must be provided, unless the --no-forwarders option is specified. --no-forwarders Do not add any DNS forwarders. Root DNS servers will be used instead. --reverse-zone=REVERSE_ZONE The reverse DNS zone to use --no-reverse Do not create reverse DNS zone --zonemgr The e-mail address of the DNS zone manager. Defaults to hostmaster@DOMAIN --no-host-dns Do not use DNS for hostname lookup during installation --no-dns-sshfp Do not automatically create DNS SSHFP records. UNINSTALL OPTIONS --uninstall Uninstall an existing IPA installation -U, --unattended An unattended uninstallation that will never prompt for user input EXIT STATUS
0 if the (un)installation was successful 1 if an error occurred SEE ALSO
ipa-dns-install(1) IPA
Jun 28 2012 ipa-server-install(1)