Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Arduino Project: iPhone to HM-10 BLE to NB-IoT Shield to NB-IoT Network to Internet to Linux Server Post 303043458 by Neo on Wednesday 29th of January 2020 05:31:14 AM
Old 01-29-2020
Yeah, I think it is really nice we can build a custom iPhone app which does not use WIFI or a direct network connection to the Internet to get server / network management data on the other side of the world.

Of course, the sky is the limit, and some people might like home or factory automation and other person might want to control a server, like force a reboot (of course the app would need some built in access controls), etc.

Here in Thailand, we can drive around in the country side in our car, without direct Internet access, and can push a button on our iPhone to get remote server stats via BLE.

.... and I built the prototype in a very short period of time.

I'm not trying to advocate BLE or NB-IoT (or even the Arduino, per se; instead this test just demonstrates one possibility of nearly infinite possibilities for creative makers.

For this app, I think I'll create a few more "mini-apps" via the push button command console (and then post the sketch) and move on to testing another Arduino / shield module.

Arduino Project:  iPhone to HM-10 BLE to NB-IoT Shield to NB-IoT Network to Internet to Linux Server-img_9093jpg

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux for an internet server to an ISP

I just moved away from a T3 line back to a dial up I just wanted to know would a P200 with 64meg and a 4 gig hard drive be ok for a linux server for an additional 3 pcs all running win98. I will be dialing into an isp using a 56k v90 modem. Any support or help will be great. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: izrailov
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

can i force connecting to local web server via internet network ?

Hello all this is general question , if i have web server installed in my local pc and i have client that connecting to that web server can i force it always to go via the internet network ? the reason im asking is .. that im noticed when i close my internet connection i still can connect to my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Can not access Linux server over the Internet

hi i have linux server connected to internet through a switch/router. i have opened a port on the router and i am able to connect to the server if iptables is off. but when it is on i cant. i want to create a rule in iptables so that it accepts packets coming from a particular datacard. it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: u.n.i.x
7 Replies

4. Programming

Arduino-cli - Uploading to Unknown Chinese Arduino Boards using the Arduino Command Line Interface

In my further exploration of Arduino, today I decided to install the arduino-cli on my mac today. https://github.com/arduino/arduino-cli I followed the instructions for macOS but when I got to this part: arduino-cli board list I got the dreaded "Unknown" Fully Qualified Board Name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

5. Programming

Arduino Project with NB-IoT (3GPP) and LoRa / LoRaWAN

My favorite projects are always related to the "latest" tech in command and control, networking and network communications. This Elecrow GSM/GPRS/EDGE SIM5360E 3G Shield seems to be the "latest and the greatest" as far as 3G and GPS, as far as I can see so far, but I has it drawbacks for sure.... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

6. Programming

NB-IoT Arduino Shield from AIS (Thailand) First Impressions

Today I received my NB-IoT Arduino Shield for AIS (Thailand). Here is a "pinout" photo of the shield. My shield looks just like the one above, for the most part. I'll post another photo of the actual device later. When I received the shield in the mail, I went immediately to a local... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

7. Programming

Elecrow GSM/GPRS/EDGE SIM5360E 3G Shield for Arduino

Normally I have very good experiences buying from AliExpress, but in this case with Elecrow, I'm disappointed. After confirming with Elecrow on AliExpress that their Elecrow GSM/GPRS/EDGE SIM5360E 3G Shield for Arduino would work with 3G SIM cards in Thailand, I purchased one. My plan was to... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. Programming

Basic Arduino UNO Bluetooth Testing with the BLE 4.0 (CC2541, MLT-BT04 IC)

Here is a sketch to do basic testing for the Arduino UNO and the MLT-BT04. This BLE module works with IOS (iPhone) and I'll add some details on my IOS testing with an iPhone in a follow-up post. For now, here is the basic BLE (HM-10) sketch for the Arduino UNO: /* Arduino test-code... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

9. Programming

Wuhan Coronavirus Status App for China - Rapid Prototype using MQTT and the IoT OnOff IOS App

With a little bit of work, was able to build a nice "Wuhan Coronavirus Status" app using MQTT and the IoT-OnOff app. More on this technique here: ESP32 (ESP-WROOM-32) as an MQTT Client Subscribed to Linux Server Load Average Messages The result turned out nice, I think. I like the look and... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

10. Hardware

Arduino Robot Tank Project

Normally I'm not into kits, but I thought my wife would enjoy this one since she is a big fan of robots and droids on StarWars! We are done with the basic mechanical assembly and starting on the electronics assembly today. The robot's "brain" consists of three levels. The Arduino board, on... (5 Replies)
5 Replies
SVK::Help::Intro(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       SVK::Help::Intro(3)

NAME
SVK::Help::Intro - Introduction to svk DESCRIPTION
svk is an open source distributed version control system which is designed to interoperate with Subversion. Like other version control systems, it keeps track of each change you make to a project and allows you to maintain multiple parallel tracks of development. svk also has a number of powerful features which are rarely found in other version control systems. svk has been designed from the ground up to support development models that are simple and intuitive for software developers. It has advanced smart branching and merging semantics that make it easy to maintain multiple parallel lines of development and painless to merge changes across branches. svk's built in patch manager makes it easy for non-committers to share changes among themselves and with project maintainers svk provides powerful support for distributed development. Every svk client is capable of fully mirroring remote Subversion repositories so that you have full access to a project's history at any time, even when they are off the network or on the wrong side of a firewall. You can branch a remote project at any point in that project's history, whether or not you have write access to that project's repository. Later, you can integrate changes from the project's master server (usually with a single command) or push your branch up to another Subversion repository. GETTING STARTED
svk has a rich command line interface that can be somewhat daunting at first. the following few commands are all you'll need for day to day operation. svk mirror First, you'll need to mirror a remote repository. This sets up a local copy of that repository for you to branch from, merge to and otherwise poke at. The local path is sometimes called a "depot path." svk mirror svn://svn.example.com/project_x //mirror/project_x svk sync When you've set up a new mirror or want to get some work done without a network connection, sync your local repository with upstream repositories. svk sync //mirror/project_x svk checkout When you want to get some work done, you can checkout a working copy to make changes. cd ~/svk-checkouts svk co //mirror/project_x If you want to work offline, you can create a local branch cd ~/svk-checkouts/project_x svk branch --offline svk add, svk delete and svk move As you work on the files in your working copy, feel free to add new files, delete existing files and move files around. cd ~/svk-checkouts/project_x svk add Changelog svk move badly_named_file.c well_named_file.c svk delete .README.swp svk commit When you're done, just commit your changes to your local repository, whether or not you have network. If you commit to a mirrored path, rather than a local branch, you'll need to be able to access the path's upstream subversion server, but the commit will be sent to the server instantly. svk commit svk pull Life doesn't stop when you make a local branch. From time to time, pull down changes from the upstream repository. cd ~/svk-checkouts/project_x svk pull svk push When you're ready to share your changes with the world, push them to the upstream repository. cd ~/svk-checkouts/project_x svk push To see a full list of svk's commands, type "svk help commands". For help with a specific command, just type "svk help command". The svk wiki (<http://svk.bestpractical.com>) is a great place to find the latest svk tips, tricks and updates. If you run into trouble using svk, the wiki's the right place to start looking for help. perl v5.10.0 2008-09-13 SVK::Help::Intro(3)