Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Use parameter expansion over a parameter expansion in bash. Post 303043411 by nezabudka on Tuesday 28th of January 2020 04:23:35 AM
Old 01-28-2020
love things like that
Code:
echo $(expr match "$path" '.*/\([^/]*\)/[^/]*')

Last edited by nezabudka; 01-28-2020 at 05:46 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to nezabudka For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing html tags via parameter expansion

Hi all- I have a variable that contains a web page: echo $STUFF <html> <head> <title>my page</title></head> <body> blah blah etc.. Can I use the shell's parameter expansion abilities to remove just the tags? I thought that FIXHTML=${STUFF//<*>/} might do it, but it didn't seem to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rev66
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to print the expansion of the found string (the expansion is beween two delimiters '-' , '||'

Hi , could anyone help me out with this problem. sample.txt has this content : u001- this is used for project1 || u002- this is used for p2|| not to be printed u003- this is used for project3 || u004- this is used for p4 || u005- this is used for project5 || u006- this is used for p6... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balaji PK
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with parameter expansion

Say you have this numeric variable that can be set by the user but you never want it to leave a certain range when it gets printed. How could you use parameter expansion such that it will never expand outside of that boundary? Thanks ---------- Post updated at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous update... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevenswj
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash parameter expansion from a config file

Hi - I am trying to do a simple config file with known variable names in it, e.g.: contents of config file a.conf: -a -b $work -c $host simplified contents of bash script file: work='trunk' host='alaska' opts=$(tr '\n' ' ' < a.conf) opts="$opts $*" mycommand $opts arg1 arg2 The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrengert
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parameter expansion not working for all strings...

I'm trying to write a script that parses my music collection and hard link some filenames that my media player doesn't like to other names. To do this I need to extract the name and remove alla non ASCII characters from that and do a cp -l with the result. Problem is this: 22:16:58 $... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refuser
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parameter Expansion with regular expression

Hello experts, I am exploring parameter expansion, and trying to cut the fields in a URL. Following is the requirement: I have // abc.nnt /dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4/somefile.java What i need to get is the path after dir3, and dir3 will be passed. output that i need is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gjarms
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Parameter Expansion

I have made the following examples that print various parameter expansions text: iv-hhz-sac/hpac/hhz.d/iv.hpac..hhz.d.2016.250.070018.sac (text%.*): iv-hhz-sac/hpac/hhz.d/iv.hpac..hhz.d.2016.250.070018 (text%%.*): iv-hhz-sac/hpac/hhz (text#*.): d/iv.hpac..hhz.d.2016.250.070018.sac... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Parameter Expansion

#!/bin/bash SNMPW='/usr/bin/snmpwalk' while read h i do loc=$($SNMPW -v3 -u 'Myusername' -l authPriv -a SHA -A 'Password1' -x AES -X 'Password2' $i sysLocation.0 2>/dev/null) loc=${loc:-" is not snmpable."} loc=${loc##*: } loc=${loc//,/} echo "$i,$h,$loc" done < $1 My question is ... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumguy
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash : More parameter expansion and IFS

I am trying to become more fluent with the interworking of bash and minimize the number of external calls. Sample Data. This will be the response of the snmp query. SNMPv2-MIB::sysName.0 = STRING: SomeHostName SNMPv2-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.1.1745... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumguy
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash : Parameter expansion ${var:-file*}

Example data $ ls *somehost* 10.10.10.10_somehost1.xyz.com.log 11.11.11.11_somehost2.xyz.com.log #!/bin/bash #FILES="*.log" FILES=${FILES:-*.log} for x in $FILES do ip="${x%%_*}" # isolate IP address x="${x##*_}" # isolate hostname hnam="${x%.*}" # Remove the ".log"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)