Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Changing hosting company for one domain, how to deal with DNS? Post 303043361 by solaris_1977 on Sunday 26th of January 2020 04:31:54 AM
Old 01-26-2020
Thanks for the detailed reply. I checked the same way on my side and it confirms that TTL is 3600. I will check with Network Solutions, if this can be reduced for/during migration.
Do you have any suggestions regarding Redirect.pizza solution and having a CNAME for root domain and gem? This is not a personal domain/website, but an enterprise so I am more concerned about its stability.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

So, like, I signed on with a new hosting company...

... and there was absolutely nothing installed except fedora and ssh. I used yum to install vsftp and httpd, both start and ps shows they're running, and yet I can't connect with either of them. Where on earth or in redhat do I begin looking to unravel this one? I've overseen a server before but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobby
3 Replies

2. Solaris

change dns (domain name)

hi gurus, need to check other than the hosts file, what else i need to change after we have changed the domain name in our company. currently, we are using olddnsname.com and will change it to newdnsname.com. i am not sure where else in solaris i need to take a look. please advise. thank... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kim_custodio
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

Select DNS Servers depending on the domain

Hello, I'm using CentOS 5.3, and I connect to a VPN in order to work. The problem is that I'm constantly accessing things on the local network and the remote network. But once I'm connected to the VPN I can't access local addresses by name, I have to use the ip-address. What I'd like is to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: martincastell
4 Replies

4. Linux

Configuring dns in local domain

Hi everybody, for revolving local host name of my network, I set up an dns server to solve my problem, but til now, nothing happen when I ping a hostname, but work on IP. Can you help me to correct the configuration. Here is all my settings: Voici mes fichiers de configuration: -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beloge2002
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recommended Domain/Hosting Control Panels?

Looking for a recommendation - I'm looking for a reliable domain control panel (like cPanel) that is open source, and I can customize it do work into my work flow. Essentially, I need new users to be able to create a new account so that a) a new subdomain is created, or b) a full domain... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kettlewell
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

changing domain name in /etc

Hi, Im trying to change my domain name in my solaris as below: but it keeps coming back to be "unknown" Im changing /etc/inet/hosts.e1000g0\and also i added one line to /etc/nodename my vm (i have my solaris on VM)ip address is 192.168.1.103 and Im putting solar as a name for it ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: messi777
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to flush specific domain in SunOS 5 DNS

Hello to all, May you help saying me how to flush a specific domain in Linux SunOS5 I know the command rndc is to flush DNS cache, but I would like to know: 1- How to do a flush only on specific domain 2- How to see the content of DNS Resolver cache (similar to info given by IPCONFIG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
2 Replies

8. Linux

Domain registrars & DNS servers

I have read many tutorials on bind and i understand the A,MX, CNAME records. Internally, on a LAN we can install bind and create all these records and we can tell all PC and servers to use this bind as DNS server.that's fine. On the Internet, when we have purchased a valid domain like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux is not appending domain name in DNS query

In my /etc/resolv.conf file there is domain name defined. But when I do nslookup the domain name is not appended. Why? (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: broy32000
18 Replies
ftpservers(4)                                                      File Formats                                                      ftpservers(4)

NAME
ftpservers - FTP Server virtual hosting configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/ftpd/ftpservers DESCRIPTION
The ftpservers file is used to configure complete virtual hosting. In contrast to limited virtual hosting, complete virtual hosting allows separate configuration files to be specified for each virtual host. The set of configuration files for each virtual host are placed in their own directory. The ftpservers file associates the address of each virtual host with the directory its configuration files are stored in. The virtual host configuration files must be named: ftpaccess Virtual host's access file ftpusers Restricts the accounts that can use the virtual host ftpgroups Virtual hosts enhanced group access file ftphosts Allow or deny usernames access to the virtual host ftpconversions Customize conversions available from the virtual host You do not need to put every file in each virtual host directory. If you want a virtual host to use the master copy of a file, then do not include it in the virtual host directory. If the file is not included, the master copy from the /etc/ftpd directory will be used. The file names must match exactly. If you misspell any of them or name them differently, the server will not find them, and the server will use the master copy instead. The ftpaddhost utility is an administrative tool to configure virtual hosts. See ftpaddhost(1M). File Format There are two fields to each entry in the ftpservers file: address directory-containing-configuration-files For example: 10.196.145.10 /etc/ftpd/virtual-ftpd/10.196.145.10 10.196.145.200 /etc/ftpd//virtual-ftpd/10.196.145.200 some.domain INTERNAL When an FTP client connects to the FTP Server, in.ftpd(1M) tries to match the IP address to which the FTP client connected with one found in the ftpservers file. The address can be an IPv4 or IPv6 address, or a hostname. If a match is found, The FTP server uses any configuration files found in the associated directory. If a match is not found, or an invalid directory path is encountered, the default paths to the configuration files are used. The use of INTERNAL in the example above fails the check for a specific directory, and the master configuration files will be used. Either the actual IP address or a specific hostname can be used to specify the virtual host. It is better to specify the actual IP of the virtual host, as it reduces the need for a domain lookup and eliminates DNS security related naming issues, for example: 10.196.145.20 /etc/ftpd/config/faqs.org/ ftp.some.domain /etc/ftpd/config/faqs.org/ Lines that begin with a # sign are treated as comment lines and are ignored. FILES
/etc/ftpd/ftpservers ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), ftpaccess(4), ftpconversions(4), ftpgroups(4), ftphosts(4), ftpusers(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpservers(4)