Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Basic Arduino UNO Bluetooth Testing with the BLE 4.0 (CC2541, MLT-BT04 IC) Post 303043348 by Neo on Saturday 25th of January 2020 09:25:19 AM
Old 01-25-2020
Here is the chip.... as I find these kind of details matter and are often omitted on these kinds of Internet tutorials and discussions. I will replace this photo (taken quickly with my iPhone) with a screen shot from my computer when I find the USB cable to my little microscope.

In fact, the way I got this test to work (finding a starting point sketch) was to use my microscope to read the model number on the chip: the CC2541

A number of times recently, I received some modules with the model number of the chip "burned off" with a laser, which is really annoying.

Basic Arduino UNO Bluetooth Testing with the BLE 4.0 (CC2541, MLT-BT04 IC)-img_9039jpg

Update: Here is the same chip shot using the USB interface to my Mac Pro :

Basic Arduino UNO Bluetooth Testing with the BLE 4.0 (CC2541, MLT-BT04 IC)-s20200126_001jpg

Both "chip shots" were taken though the plastic wrapper around the BLE module... that is why the image is a bit blurry)

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Semi-Automatic Arduino Detection.

I am working on a semi-auto detection idea for Arduino for the Scope project. It does require a little user intervention but minimal. It works by just responding to two on screen prompts to unplug and plug Arduino into a USB port. There are two versions and both work perfectly well and give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
3 Replies

2. Programming

Very Basic Arduino Uno Board Testing

A very simple Arduino board test... LOL Here is some very easy code to test a cheap Arduino board I just got from China via Aliexpress. I am still waiting on a about 30 more orders from Aliexpress for more Arduino stuff. This was the first order which made it here. /* Arduino test-code... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
18 Replies

3. Programming

Arduino-cli - Uploading to Unknown Chinese Arduino Boards using the Arduino Command Line Interface

In my further exploration of Arduino, today I decided to install the arduino-cli on my mac today. https://github.com/arduino/arduino-cli I followed the instructions for macOS but when I got to this part: arduino-cli board list I got the dreaded "Unknown" Fully Qualified Board Name... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Programming

More Arduino Stuff...

HI all... (Apologies for any typos.) To add to Neo's Arduino subject matter I have decided to upload this in ".zip" format. Ignore "*.info" files these are AMIGA icons only and also the "HAM" drawer as these are photos in ancient AMIGA HAM modes. I have noticed that there are current... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
6 Replies

5. Programming

Chinese Arduino UNO Clones - The Wavgat versus the generic UNO R3 Clone - The Winner Is?

Waiting for more fun Ardunio parts from AliExpress, I decided to test two cheap Chinese Arduino UNO clones. The Arduino UNO R3 (CH340G) MEGA328P The Wavgat UNO R3 (CH340G) MEGA328P Both of these Chinese Ardunio clones sell for about $3 USD, delivered to your door. The bottom line is... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. Programming

Arduino UNIX Time - Syncing Computer UNIX Time to Arduino Time with Python

Just finished a quick Python script to send the current unix time over to the Arduino from macOS, so in the absence of GPS or some other way to get the unix timestamp (epoch time) to the Arduino, I can get my macOS and Arduino UNO synced to within a second. Normally, when the Arduino starts... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

7. Programming

Arduino Project: iPhone to HM-10 BLE to NB-IoT Shield to NB-IoT Network to Internet to Linux Server

This post describes a "work in progress" project I started today. Here is the High Level Overview: Currently, this project sits on my desk as an Arduino UNO (on the bottom), an NB-IoT Shield (sandwiched in the middle), a Sensor Shield (on top) with a HM-10 BLE Module (in the little... (13 Replies)
13 Replies
sane-sm3840(5)						   SANE Scanner Access Now Easy 					    sane-sm3840(5)

NAME
sane-sm3840 - SANE backend for Microtek scanners with SCAN08 USB chip DESCRIPTION
The sane-sm3840 library implements a SANE (Scanner Access Now Easy) backend that provides access to some Microtek scanners with the SCAN08 USB chip. There exist backends for Microtek scanners with SCSI command set. Refer to sane-microtek(5) and sane-microtek2(5) for details. There also exists a Microtek 3600 series driver, see sane-sm3600(5) for details. At present, the following scanners are known positively to work with this backend: Vendor Product ID: Remark: -------- -------------- ----------- Microtek ScanMaker 3840 All modes OK Microtek ScanMaker 4800 All modes OK If you own a Microtek scanner with the SCAN08 chip other than the ones listed above, it may or may not work with SANE. Feel free to con- tact the backend author (earle@ziplabel.com) to report results with scanners not on the list. FRONTEND OPTIONS
The following options are supported by the sm3840-driver: --mode color|gray|lineart|halftone Color or grayscale mode. --resolution 150|300|600|1200 Pixels per inch for scans. --depth 8|16 Note that the least significant bits of 16bpp mode may be noise. --brightness 1..4096 Higher numbers increase brightness of returned image. --contrast 0.1..9.9 Larger numbers decrease contrast of returned image. --lamp-timeout 1..15 Time in minutes until the lamp is turned off after a scan. CONFIGURATION
This backend does not support a configuration file right now. FILES
/usr/lib64/sane/libsane-sm3840.a The static library implementing this backend. /usr/lib64/sane/libsane-sm3840.so The shared library implementing this backend (present on systems that support dynamic loading). ENVIRONMENT
SANE_DEBUG_SM3840 If the library was compiled with debug support enabled, this environment variable controls the debug level for this backend. E.g., a value of 128 requests all debug output to be printed. Smaller levels reduce verbosity. To see error messages on stderr set SANE_DEBUG_SM3840 to 1. SEE ALSO
sane-microtek2(5), sane-sm3600(5), http://www.ziplabel.com/sm3840 AUTHOR
Earle F. Philhower III (earle@ziplabel.com) 11 Jul 2008 sane-sm3840(5)