Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX script error message
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers UNIX script error message Post 303043329 by Scrutinizer on Friday 24th of January 2020 11:14:26 AM
Old 01-24-2020
There are some issues with the script, mostly missing semicolons, newlines or space and a misplaced -print snippet. After a bit of cleanup:
Code:
cd /abc/test/source_test
if [ $(find . -maxdepth 1 -type f -cmin +240 -print |wc -l) -gt 0 ]; then
  #  - print moved to the find command..  
  mailx -r "#xyz@email.com" -s "DAP | ALERT | FOUND OLDER FILES IN DROP FILE DIRECTORY" "myfirst.last@email.com" 
else 
  :
fi

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 01-24-2020 at 12:28 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Error Message in unix

Hi all......I'm sorry if my english is not that good. Can somebody help me to about this error. I found it in message.log Jan 16 18:22:42 ASM imapd: get_balanced_partition: -- chosen Jan 16 18:22:50 ASM SUNW,UltraSPARC-III+: NOTICE: Corrected system bus (CE) Event detected by CPU1 at TL=0,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: komang
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

send a message through email to 5 people using unix script?

Hi All, I want to send a message through email to 5 people in unix script. Please let me know, how to do it.Please do reply it is urgent.How to do it?Please reply.thanks! Thanks, Mary. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MARY76
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send a message through email to 5 people using unix script.

Hi All, I want to send a message through email to 5 people in unix script. Please let me know, how to do it.Please do reply it is urgent. Thanks, Mary. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MARY76
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error message while executing the shell script

Hi All, When I am trying to execute the below shell script I got this error message. script ========== #!/bin/bash /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_10/bin/java - classpath /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/mysql-connector-java-3.0.15-ga-bin.jar/: /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/jarfiles:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayyaduwanshi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Self referencing script error message

Hello again all. I have a user editable script that I'd like to have point out the user error to. Problem is I'm having troubles getting an echoed error message to give me the line. Here's what I'm trying to do. grep -n $loc /this/script.sh where '$loc' is the argument passed to the script.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DC Slick
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing error message back to script

I have one script that calls another script during execution. The other script does some processing, then either returns with exit 0 (if successful), or exits with error code numbers (if failed). However, in addition to the error code, I would like for that second script to be able to pass a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AcerAspirant
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to deliver an error message from script?

Hi I have a script that pick up a file on another server, and place it on a solaris server, but I came across the following error: mget HLR01_21092014? 200 Port command successful 150 Opening data channel for file transfer. HLR01_21092014: No space left on device 426 Connection closed;... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error message while openning the xls file generated by UNIX

Hi All, I have created a unix script to mail the xls file.This is being done using mailx command fdate=`tail -1 abc.xls | cut -c1-8` SUBJECT="CARD GL Exceptions : ${ENV} for ${fdate}" destname=CARD_GL_Exceptions_$fdate sed 's/#BUSINESS/BUSINESS/1' abc.xls > abc2.xls mv abc2.xls abc.xls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik adiga
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Slack message multi line from UNIX script

Hi OS: Redhat Version 7.5 Enterprise Trying to post message from shell script to Slack channel and trying below code: text="$msg" text1="$lmsg" if ] then echo "No text specified" exit 1 fi escapedText=$(echo $text | $text1 | sed 's/"/\"/g' | sed "s/'/\'/g" )... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script error message

I have this UNIX script code with a query to export sql table in Oracle and export to csv file. The code gets the data correctly. However, when I run the script second time, I got the error message "not spooling currently" and shows the older data in csv file. When I delete the csv file and run... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hope
5 Replies
GRUB-MKRESCUE(3)					     Library Functions Manual						  GRUB-MKRESCUE(3)

NAME
grub-mkrescue -- Generate a GRUB rescue image using GNU Xorriso. SYNOPSIS
grub-mkrescue [-o | --output=FILE] [--modules=MODULES] [--install-modules=MODULES] [--themes=THEMES] [--fonts=FONTS] [--locales=LOCALES] [--compress[=no,xz,gz,lzo]] [-d | --directory=DIR] [--grub-mkimage=FILE] [--rom-directory=DIR] [--xorriso=FILE] [--grub-glue-efi=FILE] [--grub-render-label=FILE] [--label-font=FILE] [--label-color=COLOR] [--label-bgcolor=FILE] [--product-name=STRING] [--product-version=STRING] [--sparc-boot] [--arcs-boot] DESCRIPTION
grub-mkrescue can be used to generate a rescue image with the GRUB bootloader. OPTIONS
--output=FILE Write the generated file to FILE. The default is to write to standard output. --modules=MODULES Pre-load modules specified by MODULES. --install-modules=MODULES Install only MODULES and their dependencies. The default is to install all available modules. --themes=THEMES Install THEMES. The default is to install the starfield theme, if available. --fonts=FONTS Install FONTS. The default is to install the unicode font. --locales=LOCALES Install only locales listed in LOCALES. The default is to install all available locales. --compress[=no,xz,gz,lzo] Compress GRUB files using the specified compression algorithm. --directory=DIR Use images and modules in DIR. --grub-mkimage=FILE Use FILE as grub-mkimage(1). The default is /usr/bin/grub-mkimage. --rom-directory=DIR Save ROM images in DIR. --xorriso=FILE Use FILE as xorriso. --grub-glue-efi=FILE Use FILE as grub-glue-efi(3). --grub-render-label=FILE Use FILE as grub-render-label(3). --label-font=FILE Use FILE as the font file for generated labels. --label-color=COLOR Use COLOR as the color for generated labels. --label-bgcolor=COLOR Use COLOR as the background color for generated labels. --product-name=STRING Use STRING as the product name in generated labels. --product-version=STRING Use STRING as the product version in generated labels. --sparc-boot Enable booting the SPARC platform. This disables HFS+, APM, ARCS, and "boot as disk image" on the i386-pc target platform. --arcs-boot Enable ARCS booting. This is typically for big-endian MIPS machines, and disables HFS+, APM, sparc64, and "boot as disk image" on the i386-pc target platform. -- All options after a -- will be passed directly to xorriso's command line when generating the image. SEE ALSO
info grub Wed Feb 26 2014 GRUB-MKRESCUE(3)