Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users AIX find duplicate backup files Post 303043327 by MadeInGermany on Friday 24th of January 2020 09:09:45 AM
Old 01-24-2020
I guess you mean the file names?
Then consider sort and unique to sort out duplicates.
Show the duplicate file names:
Code:
$ sort your_example | uniq -d
server2_1-23-2020

Show the non-duplicates:
Code:
$ sort your_example | uniq -u
server1_1-20-2020
server1_1-21-2020
server1_1-22-2020
server2_1-20-2020
server2_1-21-2020
server2_1-22-2020

Show each file name once
Code:
$ sort your_example | uniq
$ sort -u your_example
server1_1-20-2020
server1_1-21-2020
server1_1-22-2020
server2_1-20-2020
server2_1-21-2020
server2_1-22-2020
server2_1-23-2020

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find duplicate files with find ?

hello all I like to make search on files , and the result need to be the files that are duplicated? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Duplicate files, not by name

I have a directory with images: -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 26216 Mar 19 21:00 020109.210001.jpg -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 21760 Mar 19 21:15 020109.211502.jpg -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 23144 Mar 19 21:30 020109.213002.jpg -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 31350 Mar 20 00:45 020109.004501.jpg -rw-r--r-- 1 root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not Listing Duplicate Backup Files

I've searched about a bit and more than likely, I'm not entering the correct search phrase, but my question is as follows: When a user does an 'ls' (and whatever various flags needed) and in the results, we see duplicate or backup files from editing. IE: file1.txt file1.txt~ Is there a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brusimm
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate files

What utility do you recommend for simply finding all duplicate files among all files? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiasas
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate files by file size

Hi! I want to find duplicate files (criteria: file size) in my download folder. I try it like this: find /Users/frodo/Downloads \! -type d -exec du {} \; | sort > /Users/frodo/Desktop/duplicates_1.txt; cut -f 1 /Users/frodo/Desktop/duplicates_1.txt | uniq -d | grep -hif -... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dirk Einecke
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find duplicate string in many different files

I have more than 100 files like this: SVEAVLTGPYGYT 2 SVEGNFEETQY 10 SVELGQGYEQY 28 SVERTGTGYT 6 SVGLADYNEQF 21 SVGQGYEQY 32 SVKTVLGYEQF 2 SVNNEQF 12 SVRDGLTNSPLH 3 SVRRDREGLEQF 11 SVRTSGSYEQY 17 SVSVSGSPLQETQY 78 SVVHSTSPEAF 59 SVVPGNGYT 75 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xshang
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate files but with different extensions

Hi ! I wonder if anyone can help on this : I have a directory: /xyz that has the following files: chsLog.107.20130603.gz chsLog.115.20130603 chsLog.111.20130603.gz chsLog.107.20130603 chsLog.115.20130603.gz As you ca see there are two files that are the same but only with a minor... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate rows between files

Hi champs, I have one of the requirement, where I need to compare two files line by line and ignore duplicates. Note, I hav files in sorted order. I have tried using the comm command, but its not working for my scenario. Input file1 srv1..development..employee..empname,empid,empdesg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Selva_2507
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find help in shell - that clears away duplicate files

I am so frustrated!!! I want a nice command that clears away duplicate files: find . -type f -regex '.*{1,3}\..*' | xargs -I## rm -v '##' should work in my opinion. But it finds nothing even though I have files that have the file name: Scooby-Doo-1.txt Himalaya-2.jpg Camping... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.Glaurung
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To Find Duplicate files using latest in Linux

I have tried the following code and with that i couldnt achieve what i want. #!/usr/bin/bash find ./ -type f \( -iname "*.xml" \) | sort -n > fileList sed -i '/\.\/fileList/d' fileList NAMEOFTHISFILE=$(echo $0|sed -e 's/\/()$*.^|/\\&/g') sed -i "/$NAMEOFTHISFILE/d"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gold2k8
2 Replies
BBACKUPCTL(8)							    Box Backup							     BBACKUPCTL(8)

NAME
bbackupctl - Control the Box Backup client daemon SYNOPSIS
bbackupctl [-q] [-c config-file] command DESCRIPTION
bbackupctl sends commands to a running bbackupd daemon on a client machine. It can be used to force an immediate backup, tell the daemon to reload its configuration files or stop the daemon. If bbackupd is configured in snapshot mode, it will not back up automatically, and the bbackupctl must be used to tell it when to start a backup. Communication with the bbackupd daemon takes place over a local socket (not over the network). Some platforms (notably Windows) can't determine if the user connecting on this socket has the correct credentials to execute the commands. On these platforms, ANY local user can interfere with bbackupd. To avoid this, remove the CommandSocket option from bbackupd.conf, which will also disable bbackupctl. See the Client Configuration page for more information. bbackupctl needs to read the bbackupd configuration file to find out the name of the CommandSocket. If you have to tell bbackupd where to find the configuration file, you will have to tell bbackupctl as well. The default on Unix systems is usually /etc/box/bbackupd.conf. On Windows systems, it is bbackupd.conf in the same directory where bbackupd.exe is located. If bbackupctl cannot find or read the configuration file, it will log an error message and exit. bbackupctl usually writes error messages to the console and the system logs. If it is not doing what you expect, please check these outputs first of all. -q Run in quiet mode. -c config-file Specify configuration file. Commands The following commands are available in bbackupctl: terminate This command cleanly shuts down bbackupd. This is better than killing or terminating it any other way. reload Causes the bbackupd daemon to re-read all its configuration files. Equivalent to kill -HUP. sync Initiates a backup. If no files need to be backed up, no connection will be made to the server. force-sync Initiates a backup, even if the SyncAllowScript says that no backup should run now. wait-for-sync Passively waits until the next backup starts of its own accord, and then terminates. wait-for-end Passively waits until the next backup starts of its own accord and finishes, and then terminates. sync-and-wait Initiates a backup, waits for it to finish, and then terminates. FILES
/etc/box/bbackupd.conf SEE ALSO
bbackupd.conf(5), bbackupd-config(8), bbackupctl(8) AUTHORS
Ben Summers Per Thomsen James O'Gorman Box Backup 0.11 10/28/2011 BBACKUPCTL(8)