Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find files in sub dir with tag & add "." at the beginning [tag -f "Note" . | xargs -0 {} mv {} .{}] Post 303043312 by Scrutinizer on Friday 24th of January 2020 01:00:28 AM
Old 01-24-2020
Hi,

in order for xargs to use NUL character as separator, the utility before the pipe needs to produce them.

try:

Code:
mdfind -0 -onlyin . "Note" | xargs -0 -I {} echo {}

or
Code:
tag -0 -f "Note" . | xargs -0 -I {} echo {}

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 01-24-2020 at 02:17 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

"find command" to find the files in the current directories but not in the "subdir"

Dear friends, please tell me how to find the files which are existing in the current directory, but it sholud not search in the sub directories.. it is like this, current directory contains file1, file2, file3, dir1, dir2 and dir1 conatins file4, file5 and dir2 contains file6,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: swamymns
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print all the rows from "BUY" Tag with "SELL" with Buy/sell tag at end

hi I have the following input and i want to print all the rows from "BUY" Tag till "SELL" alongwith Buy/sell tag at end of each row ------ INPUT ===== 30/06/2009,NORMAL,ALL,ALL BUY 1,CBLO/020709,T+0,30/06/2009,100.00,3.00,999835643.46,200906300000422,-, 15:04:42,BUY... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Red Hat

files having Script which works behind "who" & "w" commands

Dear All, plz print the path of files which have the script of "who" & "w" commands. thnx in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saqlain.bashir
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find lines with "A" then change "E" to "X" same line

I have a bunch of random character lines like ABCEDFG. I want to find all lines with "A" and then change any "E" to "X" in the same line. ALL lines with "A" will have an "X" somewhere in it. I have tried sed awk and vi editor. I get close, not quite there. I know someone has already solved this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightwatchrenba
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace multiple "&nbsp;" entry with in <td> tag into single entry using sed?

I have the input file like this. Input file: 12.txt 1) There are one or more than one <tr> tags in same line. 2) Some tr tags may have one <td> or more tna one <td> tags within it. 3) Few <td> tags having "<td> &nbsp; </td>". Few having more than one "&nbsp;" entry in it. <tr> some td... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
bup-tag(1)						      General Commands Manual							bup-tag(1)

NAME
bup-tag - tag a commit in the bup repository SYNOPSIS
bup tag bup tag <tag name> <committish> bup tag -d <tag name> DESCRIPTION
bup tag lists, creates or deletes a tag in the bup repository. A tag is an easy way to retreive a specific commit. It can be used to mark a specific backup for easier retrieval later. When called without any arguments, the command lists all tags that can be found in the repository. When called with a tag name and a com- mit ID or ref name, it creates a new tag with the given name, if it doesn't already exist, that points to the commit given in the second argument. When called with '-d' and a tag name, it removes the given tag, if it exists. bup exposes the contents of backups with current tags, via any command that lists or shows backups. They can be found under the /.tag directory. For example, the 'ftp' command will show the tag named 'tag1' under /.tag/tag1. Tags are also exposed under the branches from which they can be reached. For example, if you create a tag named 'important' under branch 'computerX', you will also be able to retrieve the contents of the backup that was tagged under /computerX/important. This is done as a convenience, and should the branch 'computerX' be deleted, the contents of the tagged backup will be available through /.tag/important as long as the tag is not deleted. OPTIONS
-d, --delete delete a tag EXAMPLE
$ bup tag new-puppet-version hostx-backup $ bup tag new-puppet-version $ bup ftp "ls /.tag/new-puppet-version" files.. $ bup tag -d new-puppet-version SEE ALSO
bup-save(1), bup-split(1), bup-ftp(1), bup-fuse(1), bup-web(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Gabriel Filion <lelutin@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-tag(1)