Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Deleting unused kdb+ analytic files in RedHat Post 303043287 by Neo on Thursday 23rd of January 2020 09:39:02 AM
Old 01-23-2020
OK. Good.

Before you can start deleting your DB files, you need to determine the recommended way kdb+/q recommends to truncate / trim the DB.

Do not do this by just removing files (yet); as this may not the proper way to truncate the DB tables (assume kdb+ has tables).

Have you looked into the docs on how to truncate tables (still assuming kdb+ has tables) in the DB?

Kdb+ for Developers - Limitless Big Data Applications | Kx

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting old files

Hi, I have a directory which contains files.This Directory keeps getting in new files from time to time.I want to maintain only 15 files in that directory at any time and the old files should be deleted. Eg: Directory 'c' @'a/b/c contains: 1_a 2_a 3_a... I want to delete all the old... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiroh_1982
2 Replies

2. Programming

Analytic functions in Pro*c

Hi All, when I use the following analytic function in sql prompt, i am getting the result count(emp_no) over (partition by emp_no ) /* select count(emp_no) over (partition by emp_no ) from temp */ but when i use the same analytic function in Pro*c i get the following error Error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quintet
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help comparing two files and deleting some things in those files!

So I have two files: File1 pictures.txt 1.1 1.3 dance.txt 1.2 1.4 treehouse.txt 1.3 1.5 File2 pictures.txt 1.5 ref2313 1.4 ref2345 1.3 ref5432 1.2 ref4244 dance.txt 1.6 ref2342 1.5 ref2352 1.4 ref0695 1.3 ref5738 1.2 ref4948 1.1 treehouse.txt 1.6 ref8573 1.5 ref3284 1.4 ref5838... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
24 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX system.... deleting files in remote directory after retrieving files

Hi Friends, I am new to this , I am working on AIX system and my scenario is to retrive the files from remote system and remove the files from the remote system after retreving files. I can able to retrieve the files but Can't remove files in remote system. Please check my code and help me out... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayparakala
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting files

Hi all, I have developed a shell script to copy the files from source to destination and simultaneously to delete the copied files in source. I can copy the files but the files cannot be deleted in source side. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesan
3 Replies

6. AIX

Kdb - vscsi disk mapping from AIX 5.3 CLIENT side

If you're familiar with vscsi mappings thru a VIO Server, you are probably aware, on an AIX 6.1 Client LPAR, that: print cvai | kdbcan provide useful information to you.... like VIO Server name & vhost #. But, "cvai" does not appear to be part of the Kernel Debugger in AIX 5.3. My question is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Doctor
3 Replies

7. AIX

How to get the stack trace using kdb?

Hi All, I am trying to debug my core file using kdb. When I try to get the stack trace I am facing this error. core mapped from @ 700000000000000 to @ 70000000306fc04 Preserving 1680415 bytes of symbol table Dump does not start with valid magic number WARNING: Possibly truncated or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachin1987
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script deleting my files, and editing files in subdirectories question

#!/bin/bash # name=$1 type=$2 number=1 for file in ./** do if then filenumber=00$number elif then filenumber=0$number fi tempname="$name""$filenumber"."$type" if (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGreatGizmo
4 Replies
GLOBUS-GRAM-AUDIT(8)						  GRAM5 Commands					      GLOBUS-GRAM-AUDIT(8)

NAME
globus-gram-audit - Load GRAM4 and GRAM5 audit records into a database SYNOPSIS
globus-gram-audit [--conf CONFIG_FILE] [[--create] | [--update=OLD-VERSION]] [--check] [--delete] [--audit-directory AUDITDIR] [--quiet] DESCRIPTION
The globus-gram-audit program loads audit records to an SQL-based database. It reads $GLOBUS_LOCATION/etc/globus-job-manager.conf by default to determine the audit directory and then uploads all files in that directory that contain valid audit records to the database configured by the globus_gram_job_manager_auditing_setup_scripts package. If the upload completes successfully, the audit files will be removed. The full set of command-line options to globus-gram-audit consist of: --conf CONFIG_FILE Use CONFIG_FILE instead of the default from the configuration file for audit database configuration. --check Check whether the insertion of a record was successful by querying the database after inserting the records. This is used in tests. --delete Delete audit records from the database right after inserting them. This is used in tests to avoid filling the databse with test records. --audit-directory DIR Look for audit records in DIR, instead of looking in the directory specified in the job manager configuration. This is used in tests to control which records are loaded to the database and then deleted. --query SQL Perform the given SQL query on the audit database. This uses the database information from the configuration file to determine how to contact the database. --quiet Reduce the amount of output for common operations. FILES
The globus-gram-audit uses the following files (paths relative to $GLOBUS_LOCATION. etc/globus-gram-job-manager.conf GRAM5 job manager configuration. It includes the default path to the audit directory etc/globus-gram-audit.conf Audit configuration. It includes the information needed to contact the audit database. University of Chicago 08/30/2011 GLOBUS-GRAM-AUDIT(8)