Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Deleting unused kdb+ analytic files in RedHat Post 303043286 by Michael37 on Thursday 23rd of January 2020 08:55:46 AM
Old 01-23-2020
When I run [lsb_release -a] I get:
Code:
[LSB Version:    :core-4.1-amd64:core-4.1-noarch]
[Distributor ID: RedHatEnterpriseServer]
[Description:    Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.7 (Maipo)]
[Release:        7.7]
[Codename:       Maipo]

I am using kdb+/q technology for the databases/UI's etc. Is this is what you are referring to? Thank you

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting old files

Hi, I have a directory which contains files.This Directory keeps getting in new files from time to time.I want to maintain only 15 files in that directory at any time and the old files should be deleted. Eg: Directory 'c' @'a/b/c contains: 1_a 2_a 3_a... I want to delete all the old... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiroh_1982
2 Replies

2. Programming

Analytic functions in Pro*c

Hi All, when I use the following analytic function in sql prompt, i am getting the result count(emp_no) over (partition by emp_no ) /* select count(emp_no) over (partition by emp_no ) from temp */ but when i use the same analytic function in Pro*c i get the following error Error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quintet
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help comparing two files and deleting some things in those files!

So I have two files: File1 pictures.txt 1.1 1.3 dance.txt 1.2 1.4 treehouse.txt 1.3 1.5 File2 pictures.txt 1.5 ref2313 1.4 ref2345 1.3 ref5432 1.2 ref4244 dance.txt 1.6 ref2342 1.5 ref2352 1.4 ref0695 1.3 ref5738 1.2 ref4948 1.1 treehouse.txt 1.6 ref8573 1.5 ref3284 1.4 ref5838... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
24 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX system.... deleting files in remote directory after retrieving files

Hi Friends, I am new to this , I am working on AIX system and my scenario is to retrive the files from remote system and remove the files from the remote system after retreving files. I can able to retrieve the files but Can't remove files in remote system. Please check my code and help me out... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayparakala
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting files

Hi all, I have developed a shell script to copy the files from source to destination and simultaneously to delete the copied files in source. I can copy the files but the files cannot be deleted in source side. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesan
3 Replies

6. AIX

Kdb - vscsi disk mapping from AIX 5.3 CLIENT side

If you're familiar with vscsi mappings thru a VIO Server, you are probably aware, on an AIX 6.1 Client LPAR, that: print cvai | kdbcan provide useful information to you.... like VIO Server name & vhost #. But, "cvai" does not appear to be part of the Kernel Debugger in AIX 5.3. My question is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Doctor
3 Replies

7. AIX

How to get the stack trace using kdb?

Hi All, I am trying to debug my core file using kdb. When I try to get the stack trace I am facing this error. core mapped from @ 700000000000000 to @ 70000000306fc04 Preserving 1680415 bytes of symbol table Dump does not start with valid magic number WARNING: Possibly truncated or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachin1987
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script deleting my files, and editing files in subdirectories question

#!/bin/bash # name=$1 type=$2 number=1 for file in ./** do if then filenumber=00$number elif then filenumber=0$number fi tempname="$name""$filenumber"."$type" if (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGreatGizmo
4 Replies
DWWW-CACHE(8)							      Debian							     DWWW-CACHE(8)

NAME
dwww-cache - manage the dwww cache of converted documents SYNOPSIS
dwww-cache --lookup type location dwww-cache --store type location dwww-cache --list type location dwww-cache --list-all dwww-cache --clean DESCRIPTION
dwww-cache manages the cache of converted documents; it is part of dwww(7). An option (the first argument) specifies the operation. Some operations operate on the whole cache, and need no other arguments. Others need the second and third argument to specify the type and pathname of the original document. (See dwww-convert(8) for more information about the arguments.) The operations are: --lookup If the document is in the cache, output it to the standard output. Otherwise, output nothing and return a non-zero status. --store Read the document from the standard input, output it to the standard output and store it into the cache. If there was an older ver- sion already in the cache, remove it. --list Output information about one document in the cache to the standard output. The information is one line, with four space delimited fields: type, pathname of original, pathname of cached, and permanent flag (y or n). --list-all Like --list, but for all documents. --clean Forget all cached documents that have been deleted. dwww-cache maintains a database with information of the cached documents. The documents themselves are stored in separate files in the cache directory. When old documents are removed from the cache by a suitable crontab entry, they will still exist in the database. This operation removes all entries from the database where either the original or the converted file is now missing. To stop the cache from growing too large, an entry in root's crontab should remove cached files that have not been accessed for a while. For example, the following commands remove all documents that have not been accessed for ten days: find /var/cache/dwww -atime +10 | xargs rm -f dwww-cache --clean The idea is to first delete the old cached files and then clean up the database. The policy of cleaning the cache has been kept outside of dwww-cache to keep the program simple, and to allow maximum flexibility. The default dwww installation creates a /etc/cron.daily/dwww, which automatically cleans the cache each day. FILES
/var/cache/dwww/db The cache directory. /var/cache/dwww/db/.cache_db The database with information about all cached documents. This is a binary file, specially encoded for small size and high speed, and should not be touched by anyone but dwww-cache. SEE ALSO
dwww(7), dwww-convert(8). AUTHOR
Lars Wirzenius <liw@iki.fi>. Modified by Robert Luberda <robert@debian.org>. See dwww(7) for copyrights and stuff. dwww 1.11.1 February 15th, 2009 DWWW-CACHE(8)