Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Issue with Fiber Channel cards in Solaris Post 303043272 by hicksd8 on Thursday 23rd of January 2020 05:08:35 AM
Old 01-23-2020
My first questions are (1) What make/model of storage is it? (2) What make/model of FC cards?

The first place I would be looking is the link configuration(s). The expensive FC cards are highly configurable beasts and the settings need to be compatible with the hardware at the other end of the link. Under pressure, the storage controller might dispatch a packet with a higher payload than the FC card buffer is configured to take causing data to be lost, protocol recovery to be invoked (unsuccessfully), etc, etc.

Have you run an I/O benchmark between Solaris and the storage to see the performance and, more importantly, whether that breaks too.
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

x25 cards on solaris 8

Has anyone configured one of these things, I cant seem to find any documentation on sunsolve, I want to verify that it is up and running... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaunders
1 Replies

2. Solaris

VxVM/Hba cards/Solaris 10 FS issue

Hi all, I have a compatibly issues with a new hardware My config is the following one : Solaris 10 V490 Hardware 2 X HBA Qlogic 2310f cards An HP EVA 5000 for storage ... Veritas VxVM 4.1 MP1 When I reboot my server, VxVM is trying to mount/use the volume before it's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

Fiber Channel statistic & error level

I need information what maximum error level on FC card need clasification of critical level (SAN mass storidge) Please write screenshot from utility fcutil whith test option. Pawel (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawel_ul
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do I know which HBA cards' hardware I have (on Solaris 10) ?

Hi, I'm trying to determine which HBA cards are installed on my Solaris 10 (Sun-Fire-V240) machine. The relevant data I have is below, but from it I cannot ascertain for sure if I have Emulex 10000 or 11000 HBA cards. Can anyone suggest how to determine my HBA hardware ? Thanks, Ron. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronbarak
3 Replies

5. Solaris

How do I know which HBA cards' hardware I have (on Solaris 10) ?

Hi, I'm trying to determine which HBA cards are installed on my Solaris 10 (Sun-Fire-V240) machine. The relevant data I have is below, but from it I cannot ascertain for sure if I have Emulex 10000 or 11000 HBA cards. Can anyone suggest how to determine my HBA hardware ? Thanks, Ron. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronbarak
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Fiber Channel StorageTek Array Visible to OS

I installed a FC array for the first time and everything looks OK in mpathadm, cfgadm, but I don't know what to do next. # stmsboot -L non-STMS device name STMS device name ------------------------------------------------------------------ /dev/rdsk/c2t1d0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
3 Replies

7. Solaris

USCSICMD ioctl calls for Fibre Channel(FC) devices on Solaris 10?

Hi , I have wrtitten a C program that issues USCSICMD ioctl call to the tape devices attached on solaris sparc 10. I was able to get the required information from all SCSI tape devices attached using the utility. But, whenever it is run on FC attached tape drives , the program returns an error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen448
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 new fiber connected tape

Hello all, how can i see configured fc tapes in solaris system and how can i install a new fc shared tape device , thanks Best Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bogacd
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

Channel bonding Issue - Bond0 interface not getting up in on RHEL6

Hello, I am trying to set up Channel Bonding on a RHEL6 Virtual Box VM. I have 2 ethernet cards on the machine which are set up in Internal Network mode. I followed all the steps exactly as mentioned in the RHEL6 deployment Guide, but for some reason i think results are not correct. Here are my... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
13 Replies

10. Solaris

Fibre channel link down on booting Solaris server

Hi I had power issue that affected a server, in which I had power ON the server SPARC T1-B3 running solaris 10. After power on the system stops at ok prompt, them I issued the following commands: {0} ok setenv auto-boot? false auto-boot? = false {0} ok reset-all SPARC T3-1B,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
10 Replies
smartcard(5)						Standards, Environments, and Macros					      smartcard(5)

NAME
smartcard - overview of smart card features on Solaris DESCRIPTION
The smart card framework provides a mechanism to abstract the details of interacting with smart cards and smart cardreaders (called card terminals). The framework is based on the OpenCard Framework V1.1 (OCF) with Sun extensions to allow OCF to operate in a multi-user envi- ronment. The core OCF software protocol stack is implemented as a system service daemon. This implementation allows smart cards and card terminals to be shared cooperatively among many different clients on the system while providing access control to the smart card and card terminal resources on a per-UID basis. An event dispatcher is provided to inform clients of events occuring on the card and at the card terminal, such as card insertion and card removal. A high-level authentication mechanism is provided to allow clients to perform smart card-based authentications without requiring knowledge of specific card or reader authentication features. A set of applet administration tools is provided for JavaCards that support downloading Java applets (although applet build tools are not provided). Administration of the smart card framework is provided with the smartcard(1M) command line administration utility and the smartcardguiad- min(1) GUI administration tool. Support the following card terminal is provided: o Dallas iButton Serial Reader (see ocf_ibutton(7D)) Additional card terminals can be supported by implementing smart card terminal interfaces in a shared library. Support for several smart cards is provided: o Schlumberger Cyberflex Access JavaCard o Schlumberger MicroPayflex o Dallas Semiconductor Java iButton JavaCard Each of the supported cards has a complete set of OCF card services that implement the necessary functionality for authentication and secure storage of data. For the two supported JavaCards, an authentication and secure data storage applet is provided that can be loaded into these cards with the supplied applet administration tools. See smartcard(1M). A PAM smart card module is provided to allow PAM clients to use smart card-based authentication. See pam_smartcard(5) CDE is able to use the PAM smart card module for dtlogin and dtsession authentication. CDE also uses the smart card framework event dis- patcher to listen for events on the card terminal and provide corresponding visual feedback to the user. SEE ALSO
ocfserv(1M), smartcard(1M), libsmartcard(3LIB), pam_start(3PAM), pam_smartcard(5), ocf_ibutton(7D), scmi2c(7D) SunOS 5.10 16 Oct 2002 smartcard(5)