Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using grep in find
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Using grep in find Post 303043268 by big123456 on Thursday 23rd of January 2020 03:49:41 AM
Old 01-23-2020
Using grep in find

Hi,
On AIX,
We have several moveplan.xml files in different folders.
I run:
Code:
find /u0/appl_top/ -name moveplan.xml -exec grep -i Passphrase {} \;

And it returns
Code:
<name>Custom Identity Keystore Passphrase File</name>
                        <name>Custom Trust Keystore Passphrase File</name>
                        <name>Custom Identity Private Key Passphrase File</name>

Is there any option to have complete path where the files are situated?
Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

find and grep

Hi, I need to find out a particular pattern from a directory, for example say X. The X directory contains 10 c files, and it has subdirectory called Y, and Y has 20 c files within it. Now I have to find out the pattern only from parent directory X not from sub directory Y. I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarwan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find then grep

I have some patterns that I need to match with the content of several files and I'm having trouble to do it Here is what I tried already : ksh won't even execute this #!/bin/ksh path="/export/home/ipomwbas" pattern=$path"/flags" find . -name "*.properties" |\ while read file; do ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: flame_eagle
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep and find

Hey, I have a question about using grep and find together to locate all C programs in a directory containing certain words and open the vi editor with each file. I'm not sure how to do this in one command (as in one line). I know find has a "-exec" option that can call vi, but how do you combine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MEllis5
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find , grep

HI what is the difference between find and grep if I want to find all the files from different directories which contain "ORA" error, and the line number in each file which has ORA error should I use pipeline ? thanks James (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: james94538
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Find w/ Grep?

Hey, I have a Find command like: find $searchDir -type f and this returns a list of files under the directory, which is all good, but, I want to filter that search for files that contain the string "people" I tried something like: find $searchDir -type f -exec grep "people" '{}'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beefeater267
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using find with a grep

:wall:Hello, Im having trouble using the find and grep combined into one command. I have the following: find filname* -mmin -60 grep "ERROR" filename I want to find the "ERROR" text in any file created in the last hour in the current directory. I dont know how to end the command. If I leave... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aispg8
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep or find ?

I have a file called 'test.txt' that contains alphanumeric charecters. The file contains the word 'SBE' followed by other alphabets many times. For example, the file will contain: SBE334GH and also will have SBE77Y8I. When i do grep 'SBE*' test.txt - it outputs the entire file. Can you... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use grep & find command to find references to a particular file

Hi all , I'm new to unix I have a checked project , there exists a file called xxx.config . now my task is to find all the files in the checked out project which references to this xxx.config file. how do i use grep or find command . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gangam
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find/xargs/*grep: find multi-line empty "try-catch" blocks - eg, missing ; not in a commented block

How can I recursively find all files in a directory and print out the file and first line number of any text blocks that match the below cases? This would seem to involve find, xargs, *grep, regex, etc. In summary, I want to find so-called empty "try-catch blocks" that do not contain code... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifechamp
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Grep

Is it possible with find and Grep to search files under a directory and display only files that have multiple occurrence of a string (In AIX)? Anybody has an example code? If not what are the other options? Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: J_ang
7 Replies
Authen::Passphrase::LANManager(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Authen::Passphrase::LANManager(3pm)

NAME
Authen::Passphrase::LANManager - passphrases using the LAN Manager hash algorithm SYNOPSIS
use Authen::Passphrase::LANManager; $ppr = Authen::Passphrase::LANManager->new( hash_hex => "855c3697d9979e78ac404c4ba2c66533"); $ppr = Authen::Passphrase::LANManager->new( passphrase => "passphrase"); $ppr = Authen::Passphrase::LANManager->from_rfc2307( "{LANMAN}855c3697d9979e78ac404c4ba2c66533"); $hash = $ppr->hash; $hash_hex = $ppr->hash_hex; $ppr0 = $ppr->first_half; $ppr1 = $ppr->second_half; if($ppr->match($passphrase)) { ... $userPassword = $ppr->as_rfc2307; DESCRIPTION
An object of this class encapsulates a passphrase hashed using the Microsoft LAN Manager hash function. This is a subclass of Authen::Passphrase, and this document assumes that the reader is familiar with the documentation for that class. The hash algorithm can be used on up to fourteen Latin-1 characters of passphrase. First the passphrase is folded to uppercase, and zero- padded to fourteen bytes. Then it is split into two halves. Each seven-byte half is used as a 56-bit DES key, to encrypt the fixed plaintext block "KGS!@#$%". The eight-byte ciphertexts are concatenated to form the sixteen-byte hash. There is no salt. Because the two halves of the passphrase are hashed separately, it is possible to manipulate (e.g., crack) a half hash in isolation. See Authen::Passphrase::LANManagerHalf. Warning: Don't even think about using this seriously. It's an exceptionally weak design, flawed in pretty much every respect. CONSTRUCTORS
Authen::Passphrase::LANManager->new(ATTR => VALUE, ...) Generates a new passphrase recogniser object using the LAN Manager hash algorithm. The following attributes may be given: hash The hash, as a string of 16 bytes. hash_hex The hash, as a string of 32 hexadecimal digits. passphrase A passphrase that will be accepted. Either the hash or the passphrase must be given. Authen::Passphrase::LANManager->from_rfc2307(USERPASSWORD) Generates a LAN Manager passphrase recogniser from the supplied RFC2307 encoding. The string must consist of "{LANMAN}" (or its synonym "{LANM}") followed by the hash in hexadecimal; case is ignored. METHODS
$ppr->hash Returns the hash value, as a string of 16 bytes. $ppr->hash_hex Returns the hash value, as a string of 32 hexadecimal digits. $ppr->first_half Returns the hash of the first half of the passphrase, as an Authen::Passphrase::LANManagerHalf passphrase recogniser. $ppr->second_half Returns the hash of the second half of the passphrase, as an Authen::Passphrase::LANManagerHalf passphrase recogniser. $ppr->match(PASSPHRASE) $ppr->as_rfc2307 These methods are part of the standard Authen::Passphrase interface. SEE ALSO
Authen::Passphrase, Authen::Passphrase::LANManagerHalf, Crypt::DES AUTHOR
Andrew Main (Zefram) <zefram@fysh.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012 Andrew Main (Zefram) <zefram@fysh.org> LICENSE
This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-07 Authen::Passphrase::LANManager(3pm)