Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Arduino Robot Tank Project
Special Forums Hardware Arduino Robot Tank Project Post 303043242 by Neo on Wednesday 22nd of January 2020 05:04:57 AM
Old 01-22-2020
Some FYI on this project.

I'm currently waiting on KeyeStudio, the supplier of this RobotTank kit, to come off their Chinese New Years holiday and provide us with the basic "demo" Arduino sketches for this, instead of the Mixly graphical "code" they provide.

There are a few reasons for this. First, I'm personally not into graphical programming (like Mixly, which seem like a child's programming toy to me) and strongly prefer the C++ like Arduino IDE coding. Second, when I downloaded the mixly archive file provided by KeyeStudio, my Avast anti-virus scanner complains the archive contains some malware; and I'm just too busy to debug and "de-virus" the KeyeStudio Mixly archive.

KeyeStudio has kindly informed me they would get me the actual Arduino demo sketches for this robot kit after the Chinese New Years holiday is past, sometimes in February. I was going to make a video on the "virus alert" when unarchiving the mixly archive from KeyeStudio, but I've just been busy and making a "look at this virus alert" video for a supplier has not been a priority here. KeyeStudio was not satisfied with my photos of the virus alert(s) and requested a video!

I imagine, however, I'll start coding this robot long before I get the demo Ardunio sketches from KeyeStudio, but let's see what happens. My plan is to go beyond the kit and add some other sensors plus some other command and control boards. Let's see how long this kit can hold our attention. We have been playing with the kit little by little, not in a hurry, since we are waiting on supplier to get us the Arduino demo sketches before diving too far into this.

More later as we progress......

Note: The spelling is correct. It is KeyeStudio, not KeyStudio.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Adding robot and drives

Hi All Im running veritas netbackup 6.5.5, on MWindows 2003 master server. Ive just added a Quantum PX500 with 2 drives, the problem im facing is that now under the storage unit tab on console all the storage unit types for NDMP have the new robot listed and not the original one. The set up i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blossy786
0 Replies

2. Programming

Arduino-cli - Uploading to Unknown Chinese Arduino Boards using the Arduino Command Line Interface

In my further exploration of Arduino, today I decided to install the arduino-cli on my mac today. https://github.com/arduino/arduino-cli I followed the instructions for macOS but when I got to this part: arduino-cli board list I got the dreaded "Unknown" Fully Qualified Board Name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

3. Programming

More Arduino Stuff...

HI all... (Apologies for any typos.) To add to Neo's Arduino subject matter I have decided to upload this in ".zip" format. Ignore "*.info" files these are AMIGA icons only and also the "HAM" drawer as these are photos in ancient AMIGA HAM modes. I have noticed that there are current... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
6 Replies

4. Programming

Arduino UNIX Time - Syncing Computer UNIX Time to Arduino Time with Python

Just finished a quick Python script to send the current unix time over to the Arduino from macOS, so in the absence of GPS or some other way to get the unix timestamp (epoch time) to the Arduino, I can get my macOS and Arduino UNO synced to within a second. Normally, when the Arduino starts... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

5. Programming

Arduino Project with NB-IoT (3GPP) and LoRa / LoRaWAN

My favorite projects are always related to the "latest" tech in command and control, networking and network communications. This Elecrow GSM/GPRS/EDGE SIM5360E 3G Shield seems to be the "latest and the greatest" as far as 3G and GPS, as far as I can see so far, but I has it drawbacks for sure.... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

6. Programming

Arduino Project: iPhone to HM-10 BLE to NB-IoT Shield to NB-IoT Network to Internet to Linux Server

This post describes a "work in progress" project I started today. Here is the High Level Overview: Currently, this project sits on my desk as an Arduino UNO (on the bottom), an NB-IoT Shield (sandwiched in the middle), a Sensor Shield (on top) with a HM-10 BLE Module (in the little... (13 Replies)
13 Replies
LWP::RobotUA(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   LWP::RobotUA(3)

NAME
LWP::RobotUA - a class for well-behaved Web robots SYNOPSIS
use LWP::RobotUA; my $ua = LWP::RobotUA->new('my-robot/0.1', 'me@foo.com'); $ua->delay(10); # be very nice -- max one hit every ten minutes! ... # Then just use it just like a normal LWP::UserAgent: my $response = $ua->get('http://whatever.int/...'); ... DESCRIPTION
This class implements a user agent that is suitable for robot applications. Robots should be nice to the servers they visit. They should consult the /robots.txt file to ensure that they are welcomed and they should not make requests too frequently. But before you consider writing a robot, take a look at <URL:http://www.robotstxt.org/>. When you use a LWP::RobotUA object as your user agent, then you do not really have to think about these things yourself; "robots.txt" files are automatically consulted and obeyed, the server isn't queried too rapidly, and so on. Just send requests as you do when you are using a normal LWP::UserAgent object (using "$ua->get(...)", "$ua->head(...)", "$ua->request(...)", etc.), and this special agent will make sure you are nice. METHODS
The LWP::RobotUA is a sub-class of LWP::UserAgent and implements the same methods. In addition the following methods are provided: $ua = LWP::RobotUA->new( %options ) $ua = LWP::RobotUA->new( $agent, $from ) $ua = LWP::RobotUA->new( $agent, $from, $rules ) The LWP::UserAgent options "agent" and "from" are mandatory. The options "delay", "use_sleep" and "rules" initialize attributes private to the RobotUA. If "rules" are not provided, then "WWW::RobotRules" is instantiated providing an internal database of robots.txt. It is also possible to just pass the value of "agent", "from" and optionally "rules" as plain positional arguments. $ua->delay $ua->delay( $minutes ) Get/set the minimum delay between requests to the same server, in minutes. The default is 1 minute. Note that this number doesn't have to be an integer; for example, this sets the delay to 10 seconds: $ua->delay(10/60); $ua->use_sleep $ua->use_sleep( $boolean ) Get/set a value indicating whether the UA should sleep() if requests arrive too fast, defined as $ua->delay minutes not passed since last request to the given server. The default is TRUE. If this value is FALSE then an internal SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE response will be generated. It will have an Retry-After header that indicates when it is OK to send another request to this server. $ua->rules $ua->rules( $rules ) Set/get which WWW::RobotRules object to use. $ua->no_visits( $netloc ) Returns the number of documents fetched from this server host. Yeah I know, this method should probably have been named num_visits() or something like that. :-( $ua->host_wait( $netloc ) Returns the number of seconds (from now) you must wait before you can make a new request to this host. $ua->as_string Returns a string that describes the state of the UA. Mainly useful for debugging. SEE ALSO
LWP::UserAgent, WWW::RobotRules COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1996-2004 Gisle Aas. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 LWP::RobotUA(3)