Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting YASSI - Yet Another Simple Script Installer (2020 edition) Post 303043226 by Neo on Tuesday 21st of January 2020 10:02:21 PM
Old 01-21-2020
Good to see your GitHub project and description here.

Thanks for posting.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installer script -- function not found error

I am writing an installation script on AIX. This involves typical checks of some pre requisites like java, oracle, some version checks, disk space etc. It is a long script. I am facing a strange problem. There are a no of functions used in the script. What I see is that the installer complains of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installer script needs to determine own location...

My n00b question: I am trying to write a script that I can place on a flash drive and then move from computer to computer and install a file, which is bundled with the script. (ie the script is at /Volumes/FlashDrive/Folder/Script, the file is at /Volumes/FlashDrive/Folder/File) So far I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madmacs
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xfce installer script

Xfce desktop installer script on Ubuntu for home, office or server computers. This script installs Xfce desktop and a set of programs according to user needs starting from an Ubuntu Server base system. It's valid for netbooks, notebooks, desktop computers and servers. For more information... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cesar-rgon
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Yet another simple script installer

Heyas Just recently i tried to apply the GNU Autotools to my project, while it was possible, it took forever to know where to create which files and what to place in each of them. Dare you making a space rather than a tab! Inspired by GNU Autotools, and overhelmed by its functionality and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Simple (un-)installation of scripts using YASSI

Heyas Recently i've been 'fighting' with the GNU Autotools (autoconf, automake) to distribute one of my script based projects. Figured that these tools are very powerfull, and therefor can be very hard to learn/master. This said, a new personal project was started, inspired by the GNU... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installer is shell script not working

Hi Guys, I have one installer shell script which normally get from the dev team to install the app and it works fine for years (in IAX) the same installer/script iam trying to run in Linux 7.2 but it stuck somewhere which I cannot debug, can you help me to point out where it stuck . here is the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
9 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Happy New Year 2020 to all :)

Hello All, I would like to wish A very Happy New Year 2020 to all. May GOD bless all of us with TRUE knowledge, wisdom, great attitude, honesty, hard working capability, great health :b: Cheers and let us all have fun/learning/sharing/caring on this GREAT forum UNIX.com, love you UNIX.com... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
1 Replies
installer(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     installer(1M)

NAME
installer - Solaris Web Start installer utility SYNOPSIS
installer [-locales list] [-nodisplay] [-noconsole] [-debug] DESCRIPTION
The installer utility invokes a Web Start install wizard sequence which will lead the user through a sequence of installation panels. This installer utility is found on many CDs that are shipped with Solaris and it will be found among the top level files of these CDs. When the installer is on a CD being accessed from a desktop file manager, the installer can be double clicked to start the installation sequence. If the user is not currently the system's root user, the root user password will be requested. The installer utility can also be run from other UNIX scripts. Usually, a script is used in conjunction with the utility's -nodis- play option. Add the -noconsole option for non-interactive scripts. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -locales list Selects product translations for install, corresponding to the specified list of locales if the specified locale transla- tions are present on the installation media. Locales are supplied in a comma-separated list following the -locales option. An example list would appear as follows: installer -locales fr,de,it This would install products with translations for the French, German, and Italian locales. -nodisplay Runs the install without a graphical user interface. Use the default product install unless it was modified by the -locales options. -noconsole Run the install without any interactive text console device. Useful when paired with -nodisplay for non-interactive UNIX script use. -debug Outputs extra information about what the install is doing. Mainly for install diagnostic purposes. FILES
/var/sadm/install/logs location of installation log files SEE ALSO
prodreg(1M) SunOS 5.10 11 December 2001 installer(1M)