Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting YASSI - Yet Another Simple Script Installer (2020 edition) Post 303043226 by Neo on Tuesday 21st of January 2020 10:02:21 PM
Old 01-21-2020
Good to see your GitHub project and description here.

Thanks for posting.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installer script -- function not found error

I am writing an installation script on AIX. This involves typical checks of some pre requisites like java, oracle, some version checks, disk space etc. It is a long script. I am facing a strange problem. There are a no of functions used in the script. What I see is that the installer complains of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installer script needs to determine own location...

My n00b question: I am trying to write a script that I can place on a flash drive and then move from computer to computer and install a file, which is bundled with the script. (ie the script is at /Volumes/FlashDrive/Folder/Script, the file is at /Volumes/FlashDrive/Folder/File) So far I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madmacs
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xfce installer script

Xfce desktop installer script on Ubuntu for home, office or server computers. This script installs Xfce desktop and a set of programs according to user needs starting from an Ubuntu Server base system. It's valid for netbooks, notebooks, desktop computers and servers. For more information... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cesar-rgon
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Yet another simple script installer

Heyas Just recently i tried to apply the GNU Autotools to my project, while it was possible, it took forever to know where to create which files and what to place in each of them. Dare you making a space rather than a tab! Inspired by GNU Autotools, and overhelmed by its functionality and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Simple (un-)installation of scripts using YASSI

Heyas Recently i've been 'fighting' with the GNU Autotools (autoconf, automake) to distribute one of my script based projects. Figured that these tools are very powerfull, and therefor can be very hard to learn/master. This said, a new personal project was started, inspired by the GNU... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installer is shell script not working

Hi Guys, I have one installer shell script which normally get from the dev team to install the app and it works fine for years (in IAX) the same installer/script iam trying to run in Linux 7.2 but it stuck somewhere which I cannot debug, can you help me to point out where it stuck . here is the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
9 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Happy New Year 2020 to all :)

Hello All, I would like to wish A very Happy New Year 2020 to all. May GOD bless all of us with TRUE knowledge, wisdom, great attitude, honesty, hard working capability, great health :b: Cheers and let us all have fun/learning/sharing/caring on this GREAT forum UNIX.com, love you UNIX.com... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
1 Replies
KITSEND(1)						      General Commands Manual							KITSEND(1)

NAME
kitpost - posts distribution kits SYNOPSIS
kitpost [ -hrV ] [ -H file ] [ -D desc ] [ -m dest1,dest2 ] [ kits ] [ newsgroups ] DESCRIPTION
Kitpost posts distribution kits made by makedist to some (source) newsgroups specified on the command line. If you do not specify any kit list, then all the kits are sent. Otherwise, only the specified kits will be (re)sent. A kit list may include ranges, 1-10 specifying kits 1 through 10, and 5- meaning kits 5 up to the last one. You may also specify kit num- bers by separating them with commas or spaces, and even mix with ranges, such as: 1 3 5-7 9. Kitpost ensures correct References: lines are inserted in your postings so that all parts but the first point to the root article. Threaded newsreaders and end-users traditionally appreciate that. OPTIONS
The following options are recognized by kitpost: -h Print help message and exit. -m dest1,destn Sends kits by e-mail to the specified recipients. This option may be used in conjunction with newsgroup posting. It is mainly intended for sites where direct posting to a moderated newsgroup is not allowed by inews. You may thus send your kits to the newsgroup moderator in a form that will ease the whole posting process. -r Signals a repost. -D description Specify a description string that will be added to the subject line. Usually a brief sentence (less than, say, 40 characters). -H file Specify a file to be used as header introduction in the first part of your posting. Usually the root README file. -V Print version number and exit. BUGS
Article cross-referencing is properly set-up only when the whole package is (re)posted in one batch. It is not currently possible to set-up the article headers manually or better, interactively. AUTHOR
Raphael Manfredi <ram@hptnos02.grenoble.hp.com> SEE ALSO
makedist(1), kitsend(1). ram KITSEND(1)