Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Filter records from a log file based on timestamp Post 303043165 by RudiC on Monday 20th of January 2020 11:02:14 AM
Old 01-20-2020
Any attempts / ideas / thoughts from your side? Did you consider searching tis site, or looking into the links at the bottom of this thread?

Are the entries sorted by timestamp?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copy lines from a log file based on timestamp

how to copy lines from a log file based on timestamp. INFO (RbrProcessFlifoEventSessionEJB.java:processFlight:274) - E_20080521_110754_967: rbrAciInfoObjects listing complete! INFO (RbrPnrProcessEventSessionEJB.java:processFlight:197) - Event Seq: 1647575217; Carrier: UA; Flt#: 0106; Origin:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranjiadmin
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

List all log records logged after $timestamp ?

I am trying to find a way to list every records inside a file (usually a log file) that are present after a record mathing/greater-then a timestamp supplied by another script. The timestamp can be anywhere inside the record and it is usually in the standard `date` format (will not look for other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

filter out all the records which are having space in the 8th filed of my file

I have a file which is having fileds separtaed by delimiter. Ex: C;4498;qwa;cghy;;;;40;;222122 C;4498;sample;city;;;;34 2;;222123 C;4498;qwe;xcbv;;;;34-2;;222124 C;4498;jj;sffz;;;;41;;222120 C;4498;eert;qwq;;;;34 A;;222125 C;4498;jj;szxzzd;;;;34;;222127 out of these records I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indusri
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter records in a file using AWK

I want to filter records in one of my file using AWK command (or anyother command). I am using the below code awk -F@ '$1=="0003"&&"$2==20100402" print {$0}' $INPUT > $OUTPUT I want to pass the 0003 and 20100402 values through a variable. How can I do this? Any help is much... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gpaulose
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete log file entries based on the Date/Timestamp within log file

If a log file is in the following format 28-Jul-10 ::: Log message 28-Jul-10 ::: Log message 29-Jul-10 ::: Log message 30-Jul-10 ::: Log message 31-Jul-10 ::: Log message 31-Jul-10 ::: Log message 1-Aug-10 ::: Log message 1-Aug-10 ::: Log message 2-Aug-10 ::: Log message 2-Aug-10 :::... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to get all the records from a log file greater than timestamp supplied.

I have a log file which has records with hung thread information/error I need to find out hung thread from log file greater than timestamp supplied. 00000026 ThreadMonitor W WSVR0605W: Thread "WebContainer : 1" (00000027) has been active for 701879 milliseconds and may be hung. There is/are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter records based on 2nd file

Hello, I want to filter records of a file if they fall in range associated with a second file. First the chr number (2nd col of 1st file and 1st col of 2nd file) needs to be matched. Then if the 3rd col of the first file falls within any of the ranges specified by the 2nd and 3rd cols , then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter records in a huge text file from a filter text file

Hi Folks, I have a text file with lots of rows with duplicates in the first column, i want to filter out records based on filter columns in a different filter text file. bash scripting is what i need. Data.txt Name OrderID Quantity Sam 123 300 Jay 342 498 Kev 78 2500 Sam 420 50 Vic 10... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to filter records in a zip file that contains matching columns from another file

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question. I have two files. file1.zip, file2 Input: file1.zip col1, col2 , col3 a , b , 0:0:0:0:0:c436:9346:d40b x, y, 0:0:0:0:0:880:39f9:c9a7 m, n , 0:0:0:0:0:80c7:9161:fe00 file2.txt col1 c4:36:93:46:d4:0b... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil.v
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk/sed/cut to filter out records from a file based on criteria

I have two files and would need to filter out records based on certain criteria, these column are of variable lengths, but the lengths are uniform throughout all the records of the file. I have shown a sample of three records below. Line 1-9 is the item number "0227546_1" in the case of the first... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIA651
15 Replies
evmsort(1)						      General Commands Manual							evmsort(1)

NAME
evmsort - Sorts events SYNOPSIS
evmsort [-A] [-s sort_spec] [-t show_template] [filename | -] OPTIONS
Automatically starts evmshow to produce a formatted display of the sorted events. The specification to be used in sorting events. See the DESCRIPTION section for the syntax of the sort_spec, and for details of the default sort order. Template string to be passed to evmshow if the -A option is also specified. If the -A option is not specified, this argument is ignored. See the evmshow(1) reference page for a description of the template string. OPERANDS
Reads event sources from filename. If filename is omitted, or is specified as -, event sources are read from stdin. DESCRIPTION
The evmsort command reads and sorts a stream of EVM events. By default, events are read from stdin, and are sorted into ascending time- stamp order. Sorted events are written to the command's stdout stream in the form of raw EVM events. The sort order can be specified by supplying a sort_spec, either through the -s option or by setting the environment variable EVM_SORT_SPEC to the required specification. The specification is a character string of the form: @key_item[+|-] [ :@key_item[+|-] ] The key_item is the name of any EVM standard data item and the @ character is optional. If the special key_item @@ is specified, the event's format data item is expanded as described in the evmshow(1) reference page, and the resulting string is used as the sort key. The optional trailing + or - character indicates ascending (+) or descending (-) sort. By default, items are sorted in ascending order. Multiple items can be specified in the string by separating them with colon characters (:). The left-most key_item in the specification is the most significant key. If a key_item that is included in the sort specification is not present in an event read from the input stream, the item is considered to have a low value for that event. For example: if input events are being sorted in ascending order according to their name data items, and one event does not contain a name, that event will appear first in the output stream. If the -A option is specified, evmsort automatically starts evmshow and pipes the sorted event stream into it, producing a sorted and for- matted display of events. If a show_template argument is supplied, the specified template string is passed to evmshow through its own -t option. See the evmshow(1) reference page for more information. RESTRICTIONS
The evmsort command rejects attempts to output raw events to a terminal device. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of evmsort: This variable contains a string formatted as described for a sort_spec. If the -s flag is omitted, the string is used as the sort_spec. EXAMPLES
The following example retrieves all events with a priority of 300 or greater, sorts them into descending order of priority (most urgent first) and then ascending order of time (oldest first), and automatically runs evmshow to display them. evmget -f '[priority >= 300]' | evmsort -s "@priority-:@timestamp" | evmshow -t "@priority @timestamp @@" The following example yields a list of all events, sorted latest first within name. evmget | evmsort -s "@name:@timestamp-" | evmshow -t "@name @timestamp @@" The following example yields a list of all events, sorted first in order of their formatted messages and then in ascending order of time. Events are passed to evmshow for display, and subsequently to the more command for viewing. evmget | evmsort -A -s "@@:@timestamp" -t "@timestamp @@" | more EXIT VALUES
The following exit values are returned: Successful completion An error occurred SEE ALSO
Commands: evmget(1), evmpost(1), evmshow(1), evmwatch(1) Files: evmchannel.conf(4) Event Management: EVM(5) EVM Events: EvmEvent(5) Event Filter: EvmFilter(5) delim off evmsort(1)