Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Is my XIV device open?
Operating Systems AIX Is my XIV device open? Post 303043059 by zxmaus on Friday 17th of January 2020 01:31:46 AM
Old 01-17-2020
yes you are correct - that is why I asked yesterday what you meant with open - for both disks you get output - so the disks are open - so correctly zoned and readable/writable.

As stated before, as you have this strange mix of different types of disks, you will have to determine the hard way which ones you are using. I am guessing the asm disks have been defined by you via mknod command so you should be able via major/minor number to determine which those are - but I don't think you can find out if they are used or not without asking your DBAs what they have configured.
This User Gave Thanks to zxmaus For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ERROR: Can't open boot-device

Hi i need help pls ... Server type sun fire 3800 I need to install solaris 9 . When i boot the system i recieve the following : System Controller 'sunfire3800': Type 0 for Platform Shell Type 1 for domain A console Type 2 for domain B console Type 3 for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tt155
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Can't open boot device

I have a real emergency. I have a Sun Fire V240 UltraSparc server and am connected via the Serial Mgmnt Port with a Laptop. I have been building an Oracle database on it for the past couple months, not getting very far along with it , when suddenly, the system had a fatal crash. I've lost the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayewil
2 Replies

3. Solaris

"Can't open boot device" error !!

I've a Sun V440 machine, and it's running solaris 10 .. for some reason i need to install a fresh copy of solaris 10. for that i've prepared solaris 10 dvd but surprisingly i found there is no any dvd rom on this machine, so i've took a dvd rom from a V240 machine and inserted on V440. after... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anti_Evil
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris with Soft Errors in XIV

Hi guys, I had a solaris box, with veritas controled disk. 1 disc is showing soft errors, how can I repair the soft errors? Please help. Cheers; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mujakol
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

6. AIX

Unable to varyonvg after copy vg from XIV

Hi all, I am not sure whether anyone of you using XIV to copy vg from one host to another. After I managed to copy all the respective vg over to destination vg, and map all vg to destination and when come to varyonvg, I got the following error 0516-510 varyonvg: Physical volume not found for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Can't open boot device

I installed a new hard drive completely blank. sun blade 150 openboot 4.10.6 message: Boot device: disk:a File and args: Bad magic number in disk label Can't open label package Evaluating: Can't open boot device (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: janiper
15 Replies

8. Solaris

Can't open boot device..

Hello Forum, I'm really in a fix now, I'm getting this error message now, seems like the boot block is damaged? When I do probe-all the system freezes... Can any one guide me as what to do next? System is Solaris 8 running Open Boot PROM 4 System also does not have a cd/dvd rom drive... ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
17 Replies

9. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies
vxpfto(1M)																vxpfto(1M)

NAME
vxpfto - set Powerfail Timeout (pfto) SYNOPSIS
vxpfto -g diskgroup -t timeout vxpfto [-g diskgroup] -t timeout volume_list vxpfto [-g diskgroup] -o pftostate={enabled|disabled} vxpfto [-g diskgroup] -o pftostate={enabled|disabled} volume_list DESCRIPTION
Powerfail Timeout is an attribute of a SCSI disk connected to an HP-UX host (see the pfto(7) man page). The vxpfto command sets the Power- fail Timeout interval on a set of Volume Manager disks, either all disks in a disk group, or all disks underlying the volumes listed. The first form of the command sets the same PFTO value for all the disks in the specified VxVM diskgroup. In the second form, all disks underlying the given list of volumes are selected, optionally restricted by the disk group specified with the -g option. If you specify a diskgroup, any volume in the list not belonging to the diskgroup is ignored. Use the -o pftostate option to disable or enable PFTO. By default, PFTO is enabled. You can enable PFTO either on all disks in a disk group, or on all disks underlying the volumes listed. If you invoke vxpfto without arguments, it displays a usage message. OPTIONS
-g diskgroup Specifies the disk group for the operation, either by disk group ID or by disk group name. -o pftostate={enabled|disabled} Enables or disables the use of PFTO for IO. -t timeout Specifies the PFTO value in seconds. The value must be zero or a positive integer. Zero represents the system default PFTO value. The default value depends on the disk driver controlling the disk device. volume_list A list of VxVM volume names. List items must be separated by white-space. EXIT CODES
vxpfto returns a zero if successful. If it encounters an error, vxpfto exits and displays a message on standard error. Defined exit codes are: 0 Success. 1 No PFTO value specified. 2 No diskgroup or volume list specified. 3 Illegal PFTO value specified. EXAMPLES
Set the PFTO value on all disks in disk group testdg to 100 seconds: vxpfto -t 100 -g testdg Set the PFTO value to 50 seconds on all disks underlying volume01 and volume02 in disk group testdg: vxpfto -t 50 -g testdg volume01 volume02 Set the PFTO value to 300 seconds on all disks underlying volume01 and volume02, even though they are not in the same disk group: vxpfto -t 300 volume01 volume02 Disable PFTO on all disks in disk group testdg: vxpfto -g testdg -o pftostate=disabled Enable PFTO on all disks underlying volume01 and volume02i in disk group testdg: vxpfto -g testdg -o pftostate=enabled volume01 volume02 SEE ALSO
vxdisk(1M), pfto(7) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxpfto(1M)